Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 12:26 PM
Aviak

Died on the Shaman epic boss mob Rak Ashir and after getting rezzed on my rogue I zoned in, joined a druid and ported out. And then I realized I didn't loot my corpse. Took 3-4 other people + myself another hour to get my corpse once I realized what I had done.

Chev
Old 11-19-2014, 03:13 PM
Fire Giant

I thought to myself... low pop red might not be that bad...
Old 11-19-2014, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

You disappoint me, pal

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 11-19-2014, 03:34 PM
Fire Giant

rolled it on red
Old 11-19-2014, 07:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumyums Inmahtumtums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You disappoint me, pal
Haha sorry Yumyums. I would actually prefer red, except low pop, and I don't feel red will ever have a high pop. When velious is released do you really expect red pop to climb even close to blue pop? BTW miss ya brah, come back to da blue!
Old 11-19-2014, 08:11 PM
Sarnak

So, I just did it a while back. I used a bard to charm the mob for the monk robe turn-in and charm broke. But here's where it gets really bad. You know how sometimes when you cancel a trade the item poofs until you relog? I looked at my inventory and didn't see the robe and so i camped out. The next day I realized that the robe was in my inventory. Had i realized that all i had to do was recamp i could have come back and handed in the robe and gotten the whistling fists robe. Now i'm stuck on red without anyway to get another pawbuster because KC is a cluster fuck and i'm just sitting here with my dick in my hand.
Old 11-20-2014, 05:49 AM
Skeleton

Back when I first started playing in 1999 I started with a human warrior. A buddy had given me a mino axe and a GLS because you really couldnt see at night back then. I was running around EC at level 4. I accidentally dropped my Mino Axe on the ground and couldnt see it. So I thought. Ill drop my lightstone so it will light up the ground. No axe and no Light couldnt find my way back so I started a new Char.
Old 11-20-2014, 05:26 PM
Kobold

when I played in 1999, I didn't know about Meditate.... so I leveled my Gnome Wizard on 56k up to level 12 until someone in Crushbone told me about Med.

I remember thinking, Wizards suck. I have like 5 minutes downtime after every kill.

And I had no idea how to find the wizard trainer in Felwithe so I just ran back to Akanon to train it. Good times.
Old 11-20-2014, 06:43 PM
Sarnak

Back in beta phase 2 I rolled up my first character...a barb warrior. I spent the next few nights killing spiders, goblins, and polar bears. I collected every single thing that dropped, sold it, and bought rough leather armor. Before long I was completely geared and so proud I was able to smash multiple mobs at a time.

A few days later, my roommate notices I am still in everfrost peaks. He starts laughing and informs me that I am no longer getting experience for killing spiders. It is then I learned that everfrost wasnt the only zone, con color matters, and collecting spider legs was a bad business plan if I ever planned on buying that shiny combine 2hander I was eyeing.

Being clued in, I set off to find blackburrow. After "feeling" my way through the tunnel that leads there I zone in. I begin to bash gnoll after gnoll, amazed they dropped so much coin and sometimes armor or a weapon. Filled with bloodlust I jump off the edge thinking I will fight my way back up since most of the gnolls were pushovers at this point.

As I drop past the second floor I must have caught aggro off a roamer. I hit the water and start exploring, killing gnolls along the way. Halfway into the second fight I notice gnolls are running around in mass, up and down ramps, slaughtering other players as they try to flee.

At this point I am thinking, "gnolls must not like water" since I am swimming around and they arent attacking me. Other players are screaming in shout for help only to be silenced moments later. I yell back to them to jump into the water where it is "safe".

Roughly 20 seconds later...I learn my next lesson in EQ. I cant tell you the fear I felt as I watched 50% of blackburrow heading my way. I figured there was no way to ever retrieve that corpse so I didnt. Lucky for me I had all that money (under 5pp) from spider legs to buy another sword and set of leather armor. Fun times.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipangoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember thinking, Wizards suck.
Wise beyond his years.
Closed Thread