Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-20-2017, 06:40 AM
Planar Protector

Hi Paulgiamatti, thanks for your efforts in the Techforums. I was thinking doing a re-install of windows and of P99. Im currently using lots of "upgrades" from the Technical Forums to make the graphics/UI/Sound etc smoother, from lots of different posts. I seem to remember you posting a collection of these files for a noob in some thread that I cannot find right now - Could you link it to me please, even as a PM or perhaps setup a thread consolidating all the links?
Old 03-21-2017, 01:30 PM
Planar Protector

You can knock out most of them just by using Duxa's installer: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=28335

Here's a post I made that lists a bunch of ways you can make the Titanium client more classic: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...71#post2482371 (use the hi-resolution zone textures for higher quality)

Here's a post I made that links to all of Zaela's fixes combined into one easy-to-install file: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...p?p=2491223#21

Here's a post I made for better classic elemental textures (new link at end of thread): https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=256151

Here's a post I made that links to an updated version of Ropethunder & Nilbog's transparency patcher utility (changes described in detail here and here): https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...p?p=2491217#88

Here's a post I made that links to an easy-to-install zip that will force the Titanium client to use new water in old zones: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...p?p=2491211#23

Here's a post I made that links to easy-to-install zips to randomize your loading splash screen between either the original Trilogy loading screens or all 19 EverQuest loading screens: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...p?p=2491227#12

Here's a post I made that links to a bunch of different easy-to-install sound packages, the "bettereqsounds" package being the most important because it fixes that thread's original package which had a bunch of files rendered in stereo which the client couldn't play back: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...p?p=2488457#30

I think that's everything.
Last edited by paulgiamatti; 03-21-2017 at 01:40 PM..
Old 03-24-2017, 07:59 AM
Planar Protector

Thanks kindly, you da man!
Old 04-10-2017, 11:08 PM
Aviak

Heya folks,

I was just wondering how this noble effort has been going recently? Everything has looked fantastic thus far[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-10-2017, 11:46 PM
Planar Protector

Holy crap toodles got completely owned then completely ran away didnt even offer an obligatory comeback or troll post. Where is heeeee
Old 04-12-2017, 01:32 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Are people able to contribute? Like a community project or is this a closed endeavor?
Old 04-12-2017, 09:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallpaulTZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was just wondering how this noble effort has been going recently? Everything has looked fantastic thus far[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Things are coming along, but we're still in a bit of a lull (read: we've been lazy dicks the past couple months). Except for Sorn. Sorn just finished retouching high elf faces, so I'll get those posted soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Holy crap toodles got completely owned then completely ran away didnt even offer an obligatory comeback or troll post. Where is heeeee
Well, in Toodles' defense, he is correct about there being no noticeable difference in quality between this thread and its previous iteration. When I attacked him for that I thought he meant like, there was no difference between the before screenshots and the after screenshots, which would be ludicrous. He was just pointing out that there's no visible difference between the compressed textures that I posted in the first thread and the uncompressed textures in this thread, which is true. There's a very subtle difference, but you'd have to load the texture in an image editor and zoom in to actually notice. All of the other stuff he said was absolutely worthy of being attacked for though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckeg74 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are people able to contribute? Like a community project or is this a closed endeavor?
Not currently, but we've had quite a bit of interest in the past few months. It's kind of a closed thing right now, but definitely send me a PM if you're legitimately interested because after we're done with this first phase and do our first release we might open the doors and bring in some new people. It's all very tentative though. It will be kind of a miracle if we get this first phase released (which we will), so it's anyone's guess as to whether we'll have any gas left in the tank to take on Phase 2, which will be like 100 times the work of Phase 1.

And as I stated earlier, I'm leaving it up to Cucumbers to make that call. Cucumbers is head honcho, I'm just the project manager.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:21 PM
Aviak

Cheers for the update PaulG. As ever, good luck to you and the team working on this project. It just goes to show the effort & dedication that a love of EQ can produce in people! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-12-2017, 09:38 PM
Fire Giant

Not Classic

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 04-12-2017, 09:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Things are coming along, but we're still in a bit of a lull (read: we've been lazy dicks the past couple months). Except for Sorn.
How dare you imply I'm not as lazy as the rest of you.

(Currently on halfling females, up next halfling males, then humans, iksar, ogres, and finally trolls.)

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99