Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 12:30 PM
Aviak

I give away all spells that I find - usually to people I end up grouping with. I encourage everyone to do the same and ignore this silly post... or have it arrested as Pokesan suggests
Old 09-30-2015, 12:33 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Era'viss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure manguard was trying to find a way to get a Tranquil Staff, so he's technically dealing with the same problem. It's just pertaining to an item instead of a spell.

I'm guessing that he's just trying to play by the same rules that the wealthy players created, while pointing out a problem with Kunark spells in this new era.

Like I said before he's not ill willed, just curious.
Thanks for saying it better than I can. I'm not trying to rip anyone off. Just renegotiating my salary.
Old 09-30-2015, 12:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Era'viss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
o exacerbate the issue there's no financial institutions to even expand it to help level things out. In our real world (awful thing to say when talking about an mmo...), if someone needs a high priced item they can pursue financing for it. Not possible here.

My whole point is perception of a higher prices will cause barriers to newer players.
I'm not trying to jack up prices, nor would I benefit from that, but I do think all of us would benefit from a realistic spell market. Only a few of the spells actually seem to rise and fall with demand. Trying to buy some spells is just awful, they cost less than 1k on the wiki but nobody is ever selling them.

Ill give you an example much closer to EQ.. greengrocer. If you want meat outside of him, you have to locate it, then figure out a price that is fair for everyone. Greengrocer brought order to the chaos of the meat market, allowing everyone to know how much they'd pay for something, and how much he would pay them for it. He made money on the margins, but we all benefited.
Old 09-30-2015, 12:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by clouddynasty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I give away all spells that I find - usually to people I end up grouping with. I encourage everyone to do the same and ignore this silly post... or have it arrested as Pokesan suggests
If this happened more often with items instead of just spells, we'd have a much happier and altruistic player base.

It's like webrunner5 pointed out....

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Between gear and stupid ass spells horded by a few guilds and people perma camping shit forget that happening also. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doing the opposite makes people pretty upset. I'd even go a step further to say you can see how manguard's exploration the idea of bending his behavior in a way that fits into a "selfish" play style as an example of this working in the opposite direction of being less altruistic. It's like being a victim of the culture that exists within the top side of the server.
Old 09-30-2015, 01:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expediency [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ill give you an example much closer to EQ.. greengrocer. If you want meat outside of him, you have to locate it, then figure out a price that is fair for everyone. Greengrocer brought order to the chaos of the meat market, allowing everyone to know how much they'd pay for something, and how much he would pay them for it. He made money on the margins, but we all benefited.
I'm extremely unfamiliar with your example. So Greengrocer would act as a broker for meat? He would buy from anyone who finds it, then sell to anyone who needs it but with a slight mark-up that doesn't feel abusive?

If someone could do that for spells, that would be awesome.
Old 09-30-2015, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The whole economy on this server is totally screwed up. It is like some of the epics. It was not that hard to get a epic on live compared to on here. Yeah a Shaman and a Rogue epic is "Easy, but god help you if you are some other class. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I had a Ranger and a Druid epic on live, Mostly by my self, other than last couple of fights, 3 years in. This server is 6 F'ing years old and I have made zero effort to even try to get a Druid or Ranger epic on here. That F'ing sucks, and says a lot about this shithole servers economy on here..

God help you if you want to be a level 60 Shaman. Between gear and stupid ass spells horded by a few guilds and people perma camping shit forget that happening also. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you want new blood on here make it so they don't HAVE to join a Bat phoning, perma Rading guild to get anything worth a shit. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I am not saying make it easy, but to just keep 4 million plat in the damn Bank is sure as hell not "Classic in the time frame we are in. Christ Velious Just came out. Who the hell had that much plat, gear in that time frame on live. F'ing nobody. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So Piss on people trying to make a shipot full of plat for top end spells.
It was extremely difficult to get epics on live and the devs insisted they were not for everyone. That is until they revamped them a few months into Velious, and later additions such as Hoshkar Green Scales (June 2001) and Ragefire in Skyfire (2002 Luclin).

Epic quests were added in September 2000. The quests were not solved until late September, into October, and November. By the time Velious came out there were very, very few Mage/Nec/Wiz/War/Dru epics across all the servers.

What opened these up was the epic revamps 4 months into Velious (7-8 months after epics were added, 4-6 months after they were solved).

It isn't so much the economy, but the on-going lack of epic revamps and the beta nature of the server. Example: VS should have been dropping 2 stones the whole time epics have been out, but he was not doing so for years. This means the server as a whole has lost hundreds of green stones that simply never existed, but should have.
Old 09-30-2015, 01:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I'm extremely unfamiliar with your example. So Greengrocer would act as a broker for meat? He would buy from anyone who finds it, then sell to anyone who needs it but with a slight mark-up that doesn't feel abusive?
That was the idea, and his prices would rise or fall (he'd have sales) and he has/d a board posted of what he would buy, what he wouldnt, and how much he'd pay. Passing judgement on his profit margins is none of my business, someone could always undercut him if they wanted to do the work he did. The point is the certainty.
Old 09-30-2015, 02:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was extremely difficult to get epics on live and the devs insisted they were not for everyone. That is until they revamped them a few months into Velious, and later additions such as Hoshkar Green Scales (June 2001) and Ragefire in Skyfire (2002 Luclin).

Epic quests were added in September 2000. The quests were not solved until late September, into October, and November. By the time Velious came out there were very, very few Mage/Nec/Wiz/War/Dru epics across all the servers.

What opened these up was the epic revamps 4 months into Velious (7-8 months after epics were added, 4-6 months after they were solved).

It isn't so much the economy, but the on-going lack of epic revamps and the beta nature of the server. Example: VS should have been dropping 2 stones the whole time epics have been out, but he was not doing so for years. This means the server as a whole has lost hundreds of green stones that simply never existed, but should have.
I respect your post, but you know and I know that in 4 years on here of Kunark that certain Guilds, TMO comes to mind, have perma camped, Batphoned the shit out of most top end mobs and cornered the market for them and their each 20 alts.

Then had the Balls for certain people to Peddle their wares, the Guilds wares, in the EC Tunnel for a shitpot of MQ plat.

Now I am not saying it is against any rule on here but the Devs let TMO just rule the damn Roost for years on here, basically screwing everyone on here that needed certain pieces for their Epic.

So pretty much "Classic"on here is about as Classic as dogshit for lunch. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-30-2015, 02:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I respect your post, but you know and I know that in 4 years on here of Kunark that certain Guilds, TMO comes to mind, have perma camped, Batphoned the shit out of most top end mobs and cornered the market for them and their each 20 alts.

Then had the Balls for certain people to Peddle their wares, the Guilds wares, in the EC Tunnel for a shitpot of MQ plat.

Now I am not saying it is against any rule on here but the Devs let TMO just rule the damn Roost for years on here, basically screwing everyone on here that needed certain pieces for their Epic.
A lot of truth and salt to be found here. I'm personally am just playing for fun without any hard set goals for a character, burning time until the next P1999 offering launches that isn't Discord.

I think the server staff has learned a tremendous amount involving play issues and players from the Blue and Red 'experiments'. People will be jaded and state that the same things will happen on a new server, but the TMO / Nihilum bullcrap (just to name 2 examples) were learning experiences that they (the staff) don't want to see repeated.
Old 09-30-2015, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People will be jaded and state that the same things will happen on a new server, but the TMO / Nihilum bullcrap (just to name 2 examples) were learning experiences that they (the staff) don't want to see repeated.
Pray to God they HAVE learned from this "experiment". I am not totally blaming them, who the hell knows how to start a new server from scratch, [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] but have the foresight to correct a few, well a lot of glitches, along the way down the road on a "new" server. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread