Old 09-30-2015, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

In comparison;

(Druid) Natures Touch (60) - 400 mana for 978 HP, 5.5 second cast time

(Cleric) Divine Light (53) - 350 mana for 910 HP, 4.5 second cast time
Old 09-30-2015, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In comparison;

(Druid) Natures Touch (60) - 400 mana for 978 HP, 5.5 second cast time

(Cleric) Divine Light (53) - 350 mana for 910 HP, 4.5 second cast time
(Shaman) Torpor (60) - 200 mana for 1200 or 1500 HP (over several tics), 6 second cast time.

And clerics have complete heal and an array of other healing spells. Nature's Touch isn't in the game yet. When it is added, yes, Druids will become better healers, but they will still be outclassed by Clerics and Shamans with Torpor.
Old 09-30-2015, 05:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrocat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(Shaman) Torpor (60) - 200 mana for 1200 or 1500 HP (over several tics), 6 second cast time.

And clerics have complete heal and an array of other healing spells. Nature's Touch isn't in the game yet. When it is added, yes, Druids will become better healers, but they will still be outclassed by Clerics and Shamans with Torpor.
Oh no doubt, you cant compare to a Torpor Shaman or a CH, but like you said, it will make us a little more efficient and actually be able to heal for exp groups.
Old 10-10-2015, 08:18 PM
Orc

Default No Regrets

It's a little disappointing to hear that druids make lame teammates but hey, it seems to me there are plenty of people out there willing to give me a charity group as long as I make a lot of noise in lfg. Besides playing a druid first allowed me to make some descent cash, travel around easily and familiarize myself with the geography. I'll probably play a cleric ultimately because I enjoy grouping more than solo but playing a druid has been thoroughly enjoyable.
Old 10-10-2015, 09:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civenge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't believe this hasn't been mentioned before. Besides charming, the next highest damage you will get is by putting a damage shield on the tank. Its unresistable damage, its relatively cheap mana, and it lasts for several minutes. Seriously, do it.
I have met druids who insist damage shields aren't mana-efficient. It makes me so sad. You had one job, brambler.
Crallos Rek - 35 ogre shaman
Timothe - 31 human enchanter
Variol Cutthroat - 27 human paladin
Telehr - 23 human magician
Old 10-10-2015, 10:40 PM
Planar Protector

Tanks in groups with me have a perma-DS.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 10-11-2015, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

Druid hate on here is ok but...IF you can't get a Cleric, Shaman, Enchanter in your group you just going to say F it and camp?? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I am sure a lot of people kissed the ass of a Druid from level 14 to 52, now they are dog shit all of a sudden? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I am not saying they are the second coming of JC, just now there is Ranger Hate, Wizard hate, Druid hate, Pally hate, SK Hate.

People, you are running out of damned classes you want. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] If you think the perfect 6 classes are just going to drop out of the sky and group with you, you are crazy as hell. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Take what you can get and be happy as a pig in shit.

A LOT of people on here blow ass as an Enchanter, Monk, even Warrior. Not like everyone is PERFECT like some people act like on these Forums who think their name is going to draw cool shit for a group.

If there is 6 people in a zone and you are going to blow away a Druid to NOT be in it, well good luck on that attitude when you NEED a f'ing port to get your corpse back when you wipe without a perfect Cleric, or I will not even group mentality.. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I see one hell of a lot of dead bodies in WL, and Kael. Maybe 4 people in a group doesn't cut it in reality.
Last edited by webrunner5; 10-11-2015 at 11:48 AM..
Old 10-11-2015, 11:56 AM
Fire Giant

I love druids [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-13-2015, 03:16 PM
Skeleton

Druids are excellent pullers and support, duo/trio with necro/chanter that charms and you're set

I would avoid any full group at the higher levels, that exp isnt good at all once you get a good duo/trio going
Old 10-13-2015, 05:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civenge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't believe this hasn't been mentioned before. Besides charming, the next highest damage you will get is by putting a damage shield on the tank. Its unresistable damage, its relatively cheap mana, and it lasts for several minutes. Seriously, do it.
Assume we have a mob that swings 3 times every 2 seconds and manages to get roughly 1 swing per second over a fight. Then you have your 12 point DS on the tank. Assume 2 mobs on the tank. Your druid is doing 24 DPS while sitting on his or her butt medding. Throw in nukes and charms and you've got some real damage.
Closed Thread