Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 03:34 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default It's been awhile but first time on P99

I played live back in the day up to PoP. Quit the game around then and a few years later started playing Winters Roar and kept playing when it became Shards of Dalaya. Quit shortly after they started making all the custom content like the dream sequence when you made a new character.

I've had some pains of nostalgia recently and think I'm going to try playing on this server. I can't remember a thing about zone layouts. I'm hoping it all comes back to me once I get in game. I'll be making an Iksar Necro named Theik, I hope to see some of you guys around.
Old 11-09-2015, 08:48 AM
Planar Protector

Welcome aboard.... its weird what'll pop up in your memory when you're running somewhere. For me a lot of it was in Greater Faydark when I started - I'd suddenly remember the route from A to B or would know which direction to run in if I came across a landmark like the bandit camp or something similar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Never played Shards of Dalaya, interesting tht custom content ruined the experience... there's possible plans for some custom stuff after the Velious patches are completed.
Old 11-09-2015, 11:05 AM
Planar Protector

Welcome Back. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] FoB, Field of Bone is a pretty easy zone to navigate. Just make sure youu know which direction to run back to the guards. you WILL need to remember that LoL. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-09-2015, 05:15 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never played Shards of Dalaya, interesting tht custom content ruined the experience... there's possible plans for some custom stuff after the Velious patches are completed.
The dream sequence wasn't game changing or anything, you just started out in a zone and played through their story line. Once you finished you got ported to the normal starting spot. They had treasure maps too which were really fun for end game content, you'd have to navigate to the spot and then go through waves of enemies.

But when they made the custom housing it kind of started getting stale. People would just hang out at their houses all the time. SoD also had the problem of having top tier players with ridiculous amounts of AA's and new players would struggle to catch up. Once you hit level 65 there was a pretty big gap.
Last edited by theik; 11-09-2015 at 05:19 PM..
Closed Thread