Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2015, 04:01 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default New player from the current eq game.

Seen this and wondered if it would be possible to use the aspect of the brood card in here or show proof i held one and get it on the said server.. its the one thing i had fun roleplaying as.. however the good times ended when the level caps go up and more pay to win aspects go in.. i have no drive to play it.. but to only roleplay as a dragon with the aspect of the brood.. i miss nagafen and vox when they were the best bosses and when the times where good.. but if it is a thing you can do.. let me know so i can continue my time.. helping others as much as i can as i just wanna be my self..

Anyway.. happy to see this place... I just found out right now you existed.
Old 12-15-2015, 09:02 AM
Fire Giant

Welcome!
Old 12-15-2015, 10:38 PM
Aviak

I'm surprised no one has said this. But everytime a new person comes to p99 wondering about the raid scene, they get a message like I'm about to type.

Quite simply put. The raid scene is a mess here. This server is top heavy and also been around for many years. Basically you will be waitin in a long line. First you need to get to max lvl which since this is classic, you will have to invest alot of time just for that. I played the current live EQ 2 years ago and was able to level very fast solo compared to having to go back to grouping and grinding on this server. Then you have to get into a top guild which I have no idea how you would join the raiding guilds. Then you are going into what we call in this server/forum, lawyerquest, because the raiding scene is more about rules and politics.

And then someone will say, this doesn't happen on red. Raid scene is best on red (Not my words, it's just what someone will say if I dont mention it).

Then you will hear and see about Billy Mays...

Since you seem to want to just only be in the raid and not obtain a certain item, then your wait will only be so long. If your after an item... youre literally gonna be waiting for more than a year I'd reckon.

But dont take this as a negative message. This server is still great. You will get a classic experience. You will still be able to join actual real people throughout you lvling and enjoy the way eq was back in the day. If you have alot of time to invest into this server, then your goal is achieveable.

I had to give up my dream of raidig on this sevrver sinply because I dont have the time to invest into this server. But, I been having a blast grouping aith actual people, xping and exploring in classic zones. You dont need to raid to have a good time here.

Give it a shot, and welcome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-15-2015, 11:55 PM
Planar Protector

Don't believe it. You can get to end game content in about a year or so. These people are just being negative. If you want a quick month fix of gaming, you would not be entertaining the idea of eq, or if you are, someone seriously misled you.
Old 12-16-2015, 12:59 AM
Aviak

Thought I was doing a good job not making it negative. I even said within the year so I don't understand why you think I was mileading him/her. I truely believe alot of people would agree with what I wrote. And who knows about getting a month fix, this person is coming from live eq which is a completely different game compared to p1999. Maybe the grind would be too much for someone coming from current live eq. It was for me but I was able to play current eq without deidcating serious hours like I would have to do in p1999.

To the OP, I wasnt trying to make it seem like your goal is impossible, it's just going to take time. Have the time? Awesome! Welcome to the best EMU server. I gave up live eq as soon as I got p199 9 installed and got a crushbone group. Awesome times!
Old 12-16-2015, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

Welcome Aboard. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] This server is hard mode compared to live, but it is all worth the effort in the long run. What you have and got YOU earned, and worked your butt off to get.

That is what makes it so rewarding on here. If you want to get to the top sort of quick just stick to one character and go go go on it. You can get to 60 in say 3 months if you have a decent amount of time to play. At 55 you can get into just about any top guild on here IF you willing to raid at the drop of a hat, Bat Phoning at 3 am, etc. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you are not willing to put in the time Raid wise it is very understandable you are NOT going to get top gear on here. Most guilds use "Dragon Points" for rewards. Newer guilds will bypass that to equip enough Clerics, Tanks, Enchanters etc. first with enough uber gear to live in raids. You put your time in you get good stuff and more levels in the XP groups on raids instead of sitting up on a hill in a non XP group watching basically.

Go at your own pace. It is your toon, not others. Most people don't have the time to raid, or even to get to level 50, and really don't care if they don't. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] So glad to see you here, and GL on a great server. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-16-2015, 04:50 PM
Fire Giant

People complain about the raiding, but its overrated. You can and will be able to fight anywhere except VP/ST if you join a competent guild and get the levels.

The flip side is that this server is five years old and you will be able to get all sorts of starting equipment that you'd never dream of after even a year on a new live server. Ports, rezzes, services of all kinds are everywhere.

Enjoy the ride to 50 this is a fun place to play. Its certainly the best option out there
Old 12-16-2015, 08:14 PM
Orc

p99 vs instanced tlp eq server
Old 12-17-2015, 12:18 AM
Kobold

Been playing less than 6 months, epic bard in Omni. Before p99 never did raiding outside of WoW and some brief eq Mac. The people saying it won't happen are haters. The raid scene is messy, but there are a lot of amazing people here.
Old 12-17-2015, 12:46 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Welcome Aboard. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] This server is hard mode compared to live, but it is all worth the effort in the long run. What you have and got YOU earned, and worked your butt off to get.

That is what makes it so rewarding on here. If you want to get to the top sort of quick just stick to one character and go go go on it. You can get to 60 in say 3 months if you have a decent amount of time to play. At 55 you can get into just about any top guild on here IF you willing to raid at the drop of a hat, Bat Phoning at 3 am, etc. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you are not willing to put in the time Raid wise it is very understandable you are NOT going to get top gear on here. Most guilds use "Dragon Points" for rewards. Newer guilds will bypass that to equip enough Clerics, Tanks, Enchanters etc. first with enough uber gear to live in raids. You put your time in you get good stuff and more levels in the XP groups on raids instead of sitting up on a hill in a non XP group watching basically.

Go at your own pace. It is your toon, not others. Most people don't have the time to raid, or even to get to level 50, and really don't care if they don't. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] So glad to see you here, and GL on a great server. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
my orginal MMO rpg i played thats Close to this P1999 is Istaria, its the only game ik that stayed with the classical feel and levels.. sure level 100 is its max but at 100 you only have 2500 Health points, games 13 years old too the community theres no better out there, the raiders are even fun to play with.. Still im happy to meet so many kind players here. and i know how you feel.. Currently in eq2.. things are getting out of hand.. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread