Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2019, 11:10 PM
Planar Protector

It's a temporary server. It's not like it's going to be some orphan. Ezpz
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-04-2019, 02:52 AM
Skeleton

I think teal is a great. Not sure why people think 600 is a 'ghost server' cuz it totally isnt. 600 is pretty standard for classic eq. (Edit: also, its not even been 1 day so I expect the numbers to go up)

2.3k population in peak is no where near classic. From memory, launch had 10k subscribers and at least 10 servers (I need to double check this, I've been looking at wayback machine but I can't get a definitive list of starting servers). The max a server could hold was about 1k (maybe 1.3k?) in classic. So even 600 people is quite a lot for classic EQ standards, to be honest. It may seem 'low' by todays standards, but it's pretty standard for classic EQ numbers.

On teal, I'm still seeing a lot of people around per zone, and am getting accepted easier into groups...it's easier to get things going, too. In Green, been lfg in WK for a while but they only want healers or tanks. So despite the higher population, I'm finding it harder to group on green, and actually... do anything. Crushbone is ridiculous on green right now, CB on teal is so nice, lots of groups going, there's a bit more of a sense of danger too, and less high-levels perma camping all the good stuff.

Sure, at the height of the EQ, subs were 60k, but that was post-Kunark, and the game had a TON of servers by that time, so the average was still about 1k per server... so I'm not sure why people think this will dilute the server too much. I remember playing post Kunark but pre Velious and I had no problems getting groups and it wasn't 40 people per zone, not at all. It was more like 20.

It will merge again anyway, but honestly, I am going to move all my toons over soon (just waiting on a few of my friends to decide). I think this was a good idea, kudos devs.

Also its not forever, anyway. It's just to alleviate the rush.
Old 11-04-2019, 04:29 AM
Orc

I've seen it asked/mentioned a ton of times now, but never answered -- is it intended for people to be able to play on both Green and Teal at the same time? Because I (and so far 100% of people I've seen state an opinion) thought it was obvious that it should NOT be allowed... Yet I've been "hearing" that it is, and that people are. As someone else just mentioned, I feel like that may have been an oversight? Can this be clarified officially? I'm not super concerned about negative effects due to lower pop on either, since they'll just merge them back together if the combined population drops too low... Being able to play both at the same time seems a bit lame tho. Only a matter of time until people are camping Manastone on both servers at once...
Old 11-04-2019, 06:23 AM
Aviak

I predict that sever (re) merge will be incoming sooner than people think.
Old 11-04-2019, 09:30 AM
Sarnak

I think it is a great move if the staff listens to their guests and take care of them, specially since it's for free.

But:
I hat my problems finding a group sometimes, because it was to overcrowded or not enough people in a zone.
Also:
Many players have so high levels in only one week.
Doesnt sound that it is to hard to get exp at all.
Whatever my own opinion is, i will go on play on green and it is cool to see how the staff is working to keep as many people as possible satisfied.

Thank you for green.

Asmodina - Level 39 Wizard << blue >>
Corvinia - Level 51 Druid << green >>
Old 11-04-2019, 09:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicfest2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've seen it asked/mentioned a ton of times now, but never answered -- is it intended for people to be able to play on both Green and Teal at the same time? Because I (and so far 100% of people I've seen state an opinion) thought it was obvious that it should NOT be allowed... Yet I've been "hearing" that it is, and that people are. As someone else just mentioned, I feel like that may have been an oversight? Can this be clarified officially? I'm not super concerned about negative effects due to lower pop on either, since they'll just merge them back together if the combined population drops too low... Being able to play both at the same time seems a bit lame tho. Only a matter of time until people are camping Manastone on both servers at once...
The server rules couldn't be more explicit: You can box Blue and either Green or Teal. That's the only combination allowed.
Old 11-04-2019, 10:01 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The server rules couldn't be more explicit: You can box Blue and either Green or Teal. That's the only combination allowed.
That sounds great! But, I can't find that... I only saw it mentioned on the Green announcement, where it says (emphasis mine):

Quote:
Boxing

As usual with all Project 1999 servers, boxing will NOT be allowed. However, as is currently the case with Blue and Red, you may play one character per server at the same time.
I would absolutely love if you were correct -- but I must be missing the place where it is explicit. Could you link to it or describe where I can find that?
Old 11-04-2019, 10:47 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELance [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well true I could just point to the general person on this message board and say these are the people that support instancing. An argument is not needed; this would not be the kind of player I would have thought would play the oldest functional MMORPG on the Internet. With so many games where they can more effectively speak of feces and genitals in lowercase letters, I would have thought Everquest would have been unappealing to them. The overwhelmingly sour appearance or impression of this message board and my experience, on writing a few lines of my thoughts, and being pounced on like dogs by illiterates and savages, reflects very poorly on all the staff and owners here. That may seem an insult (to them, I would gladly insult you), but maybe it will enlighten them that the things we permit may come to bear on our name and reputation. I have never seen a more hideous place on Internet in my life. It reminds me of the Darkfall message boards, or the Youtube comment section. I would never have thought these were the people that play Project 1999. You are pushing it with the dude language though. Where did I give the impression I spoke to people like you? Be careful how familiar you are with strangers on the Internet. You are apparently illiterate and right now, to my mind, worse than dirt. As you never gave the impression you could communicate like a civilized person, though I did not at first intend to, I will killfile you. Your speech seems insincere and childish, and I have received more insults here in a few pages than I have in the last 10 years of my life, thus I am loathe to let another unhappy person lunge at me from shadows. I laugh at the boldness of people that openly insult others on the Internet. They certainly are few outside of it. Mental gymnastics? Well is it unreasonable to say that someone such as yourself, that shows plain signs of cowardice, would also support this hand-holding by the owners? Or perhaps you simply attack my words with no relations to the thread. You are here idly, maybe among your fellows. Ough! Begone! I am here to speak of the subject and nothing else. But after killfiling 15 vermin, I have truly grown weary of it, "First impressions count". You will never attract any good players to this game if they read your message boards first. This is shameful.
are you a bot or just a basement goblin?
Old 11-04-2019, 10:58 AM
Kobold

The early adopters who jumped on Teal last night are the classiest bunch of warrior-poets I've ever had the privilege of sharing an e-world with.
Old 11-04-2019, 02:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hWheez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why split the community?
Because it is not fun to camp 1-3 spawns for hours.