Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2019, 05:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The spawn rates are now completely default but theres still over 100 ppl in the noobie areas making
This is 100% wrong. Spawn times in newbie zones are still being reduced by 60%.
Old 11-23-2019, 07:05 AM
Skeleton

I know thread is a little old, but I am wondering if they will un-nerf this, at least the Highpass orcs? I've been running through HHP a lot lately and its just a dead zone... HK does ok, but there's not even one group in HHP, even in peak times. I remember leveling in classic at orcs Kith zone line with a full group, it was super fun and dangerous... there was people there ALL the time, it was great. I'm kinda sad it's just... super dead and no one wants to group. I'm guessing its because the scalps must not give much, if at all. Hope they change this sometime.

Also to add to the list, the Deathfist slashed belts quest in Misty have been heavily nerfed too... I don't understand this one too much as the orcs spawn rate didn't change I don't think? (not sure about this?), plus (apart from wandering centurions) the orc camp for that one are like level 12-14 or so, its not really a newbie quest-- cb belts and gnoll fangs give more exp and you can get them at the same/lower than the misty quest anyway... EDIT TO ADD: I feel like some of these newbie quests are more nerfed than others? Some of them (bone chips, misty deathfist, sashes) give just nothing, and some (gnoll fang, maybe whiskers?) give comparatively much more, but its hard to say. I don't mind the nerfs and I understand why they did them, the only one I think is interfering with a classic experience is the orc scalps, imo. Not saying it should be what it was before, but maybe a little more, to make it a lucrative camp again.
Last edited by lesell; 11-23-2019 at 07:12 AM..
Old 11-23-2019, 02:10 PM
Planar Protector

No one groups in Highpass (sometimes see a group there) because the ZEM is trash compared to Upper Guk/Befallen. People are smart and will go where the most exp is.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 11-23-2019, 02:11 PM
Aviak

the zones without ZEM are just so fucking slow its insane, you can exp for hours in highpass and get like a single bubble meanwhile in unrest or guk 5 dark blues are a bubble
Old 11-23-2019, 02:14 PM
Banned

Time to merge Teal back into Green
Old 11-23-2019, 02:30 PM
Sarnak

Rotate the zems
Old 11-23-2019, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the zones without ZEM are just so fucking slow its insane, you can exp for hours in highpass and get like a single bubble meanwhile in unrest or guk 5 dark blues are a bubble
I assume you mean soloing
Old 11-23-2019, 02:37 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rotate the zems
Tweaking the zems wouldn't really effect how the game is played and would liven up some neglected zones!
Old 11-23-2019, 04:38 PM
Decaying Skeleton

The ZEMs do suck. Wish they would just give dungeons a flat moderate exp boost. Dungeons already have the fat lewt. Why do they need ridiculously good ZEMs? And why does high keep even count as a dungeon. It firggin has guards you can pull mobs to like when you were a low level newbie. Some "dungeon".
Old 11-23-2019, 06:26 PM
Planar Protector

The end game dungeons do have a weak ZEM. It's mostly the low/mid game dungeons with boosts - probably due to them historically being a more risky place to exp, which is obviously not the case 20 years later with the knowledge most P99 players have.

The values used on P99 I believe were taken from a leaked database from Al'kabor (or the last remaining employee tasked with maintaining Al'Kabor gave the info out) before it got decommissioned by management.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Closed Thread