Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 01:43 PM
Large Bat

Default Greetings

My wife and I played EQ from about 2000 to 2006 or so. I don't remember which expansion we were on when we quit, but it was a few expansions after PoP. We played a few times after that, but the grind for AAs and levels got boring and real life didn't allow much time to play.

Now we're thinking about playing a bit on the Project1999 server in a casual manner for some nostalgia fun. We have children now, so if we're having fun we might let them play along with us (understanding we'd need to petition for multiple accounts on our IP address if we did so).

One thing I was wondering, are there plans to take EQ1999 beyond Velious, maybe on a different server to keep EQ1999 as a "Classic" server? I enjoyed the game through Luclin and PoP, but the early days of EQ with Kunark/Velious were probably the most fun for us, and I'm looking forward to going old school again.

Also, I'd like to hear opinions on the PVP server. My wife would probably hate it lol, but I'm thinking about giving it a whirl.

Installation is complete and going to dive in today for a bit.

Regards.
Old 10-04-2015, 07:37 PM
Large Rat

Default greetings to you

what are your character names for you and your wife? I just started playing this week (first week of October 2015) and am looking to add some friends to my list.

My character name is 'Sskully', please add me and I look forward to perhaps questing with you in the future!

Sskully
Old 10-05-2015, 05:50 PM
Aviak

Welcome back! This server will never advance past Velious. There has been some chatter about a new server opening up one day that go through classic/kunark/velious at a live-like timetable, and that one would potentially go on into classic inspired custom content, but that is far flung future stuff.

As far as red (the pvp server), well a good majority of the population resides on blue, but red has a devout following. My suggestion, make your families main characters on blue, and then hop on a red character occasionally when your wifes not playing to test it out and see if its something you enjoy.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:20 PM
Planar Protector

Welcome Aboard. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] By the way you can play both the Blue and Red servers at the same time and it is not considered 2 Boxing. So perfectly legal to do so. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-06-2015, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krov [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what are your character names for you and your wife? I just started playing this week (first week of October 2015) and am looking to add some friends to my list.

My character name is 'Sskully', please add me and I look forward to perhaps questing with you in the future!

Sskully
Red gameplay is infinitely more classic due to lack of twinks, constant influx of new players and depressed economic activity. The one non-classic element is the XP bonus (50% base bonus plus 40% more for each group member for a total of +290% on top of the mobs usual xp yield). That in itself was HUGELY unappealing to me at first because I thought equated classic nostalgia with time to level. For me, gameplay was actually infinitely more important though and red wins hands down there.

Red is a pvp server though, so don't get frustrated if you encounter it ^^ There is not a lot of griefing as some might suggest and if you join Thunderdome (red's premier leveling guild) you will rarely be without players to group with ^^ I've been on red for about 2months now (transplant from blue).

Take the plunge! Roll red ^^v
Old 10-06-2015, 12:52 PM
Aviak

Welcome to the Server! Play at your own pace, just enjoy yourself. Don't get all stressed out about leveling. First character here is all about the journey.

Hope you enjoy yourself!
Old 10-06-2015, 01:36 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is not a lot of griefing as some might suggest and if you join Thunderdome (red's premier leveling guild) you will rarely be without players to group with
Everyone is welcome to join us in the Thunderdome!

Once you create a character, OOC for an officer and we'll get you invited.
Note - if you start in Cabilis/Qeynos/Halas, it may take a bit longer to get tagged.
We do have a recruiting officer bound in each of these zones too,
it's just a matter of catching him online (best time during is evenings U.S. time).
Closed Thread