Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 10:53 AM
Sarnak

Default Shaman 35+ soloing and farming?

So now that i've hit 35 I feel like I don't really remember what my options are for soloing. Also, I was wondering if anyone could tell us some good places to farm for the plats! Right now I'm in HHK killing guards (at least on the first floor where the pathing is good) and it's pretty good cash!

Does anyone know of some good nameds to camp that drop valuable loot? I've done some soloing in Sol A and it looks like there are various nameds in there that drop some pretty sweet loot. But I have no idea if I could break their spawns or not, i'll have to give it a try and report back!

I know of a couple other shamans around my level that would be curious to know where we can go from here! If you have some spare time let us know!

Thanks
Old 09-18-2013, 04:39 PM
Planar Protector

I do not recommend yeti's in DL yet, was just there the other day on my 35 shaman and each single fight drained my mana/hp down. lots of resists even with malise/insidious fever which both got resisted numerous times each fight.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do not recommend yeti's in DL yet, was just there the other day on my 35 shaman and each single fight drained my mana/hp down. lots of resists even with malise/insidious fever which both got resisted numerous times each fight.
Yeah based on their levels I wouldnt do yetis or HGs yet, they're just too close to my own level. I just got 36 last night in HHK. I didnt notice level 35 too much because I just soloed the whole time and tried to make some money, so even if the exp was slow I still was gaining a few PPs farming!

I was wondering about the shrunken goblin earring. Does that goblin have place holders/what are their spawn timers? I did try to camp some spots in Sol A the other night but everything was camped for a long time. I have gone in there and seen it dead, but i'm also not sure if I can break the spawns for some of the mobs in there like kindle, lava ele, etc, as I just have not tried yet.

I did camp the foreman/pred area in sol A for a little while, but was just killing lots of place holders on 18 minute respawn timers.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For earring, kill everything! He is a random spawn and is pretty common. Multiple Grachnists can be up at once. Earring is rare tho!
Ooh ok I see. Yeah I will give this a try for sure! I'm trying to save up enough to buy canni 2 around the time I hit 39, because that quest sounds like a real bitch!
Old 09-20-2013, 09:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeonick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ooh ok I see. Yeah I will give this a try for sure! I'm trying to save up enough to buy canni 2 around the time I hit 39, because that quest sounds like a real bitch!
The quest is actually very easy to do. Go to KC get Warlord bones, find and grab the ground drop in TD, buy the Ochre clay (I do anyways) and finally grab someone to help get Yun powder in TT.

As a word of advice - I've never seen a Yun Shaman in FV. May be a rarer spawn but I didn't feel like killing frogs till the cows came home until I found one.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumyums Inmahtumtums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The quest is actually very easy to do. Go to KC get Warlord bones, find and grab the ground drop in TD, buy the Ochre clay (I do anyways) and finally grab someone to help get Yun powder in TT.

As a word of advice - I've never seen a Yun Shaman in FV. May be a rarer spawn but I didn't feel like killing frogs till the cows came home until I found one.
Yeah I guess when you put it this way it does sound pretty easy heh. When you say buy the ochre cay do you mean sit in EC and try to find a seller? Or is there a merchant somewhere?

I got agroed by a yun shaman in FV once, but I never saw one again after that.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeonick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I guess when you put it this way it does sound pretty easy heh. When you say buy the ochre cay do you mean sit in EC and try to find a seller? Or is there a merchant somewhere?

I got agroed by a yun shaman in FV once, but I never saw one again after that.
Yeah - head to EC and find a seller. People say you can go to CoM and loot it for free but you're spending nearly 30 mins to run to a zone where the mob might not even be camped. I see them selling fairly regularly in EC and if memory serves me correctly you can get it for 150p.

I think the Yun Shamans in FV are exceedingly rare. I spent 20 mins running through the zone looking and I didn't even find one. I was able to find a Yun Shaman in TT just past the center wall in the SE part of the zone (before entrance to Seb). I've see him twice in almost the exact same spot so take that fwiw.

I don't know why but they made all of the quests for Kunark spells 10-15 levels higher than you can accomplish with equally levelled help.
Old 09-20-2013, 03:51 PM
Kobold

Decent cash to be had soloing at the giant fort in FM. Exp shouldn't be too bad either. Shouldn't be that hard since the Burynai won't attack you as a Barbarian unless you've killed them before.
Old 09-20-2013, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahlaeRuffian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Decent cash to be had soloing at the giant fort in FM. Exp shouldn't be too bad either. Shouldn't be that hard since the Burynai won't attack you as a Barbarian unless you've killed them before.
While this is true with regards to Burynai, they have close to 2/3 the HP of even the lower level Hillocks. If you're going for raw solo power with dots (50%+1 dmg) then excluding burynai can really slow you down in FM.

Besides mole people are ugly and they have disturbingly small hit-boxes so they're a pain in your melee friends asses.
Closed Thread