Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 06:25 PM
Banned

I remember from Howling Stones north at level 60 roots would NEVER break on non names. On names it would break early maybe 5% of the time.

It was the same patch where Necro lifetaps went from nearly unresistable(on non raid target mobs) to some times resisted.

Now I'm pretty sure any mob can break early. Even if you're level 60 and your mob is level 1.

It's still reliable on regular mobs that are dark blue but the higher the level the more they break. So still reliable but now it is much more a pain in the ass. It was a real nice luxury to know that most your mobs were never going to break.
Old 07-18-2015, 06:46 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah, that perfectly meshes with my experience Teppler. North trash is like 43-47ish and nameds are all level 50 on the dot... you just didn't have tash cause necros like doing things the hard way [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-18-2015, 07:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Np. It'll be even better with PE at 56 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah! I cant wait for 56. I'm really close ^^
Old 07-19-2015, 10:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, that perfectly meshes with my experience Teppler. North trash is like 43-47ish and nameds are all level 50 on the dot... you just didn't have tash cause necros like doing things the hard way [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That patch was pretty much the moment I officially gave up trying to solo anything outlandish with Necro. Did it effect your solo game as much?
Old 07-19-2015, 05:45 PM
Fire Giant

Did this happen recently because I wanted to grab some Spider Silks for my tailoring. So I run my level 15 shaman out to North Ro for Dune Tarantulas.

At least 7 out of 10 Dune Tarantulas broke root, a second after I cast it. I would cast root, followed by tainted breath and as soon as tainted breath hit, it would say root has wore off and the Dune Tarantula would be running to attack me.
Old 07-19-2015, 06:29 PM
Planar Protector

Tainted Breath has a nuke component causing roots to break prematurely.
Old 07-20-2015, 09:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That patch was pretty much the moment I officially gave up trying to solo anything outlandish with Necro. Did it effect your solo game as much?
I think I had mostly stopped playing my ench to level alts at that point, but I recall it not being too big a deal once the initial "lol root" phase was fixed. But that's working with -40 Mr on every mob.
Old 07-20-2015, 12:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tainted Breath has a nuke component causing roots to break prematurely.
If that's the case than what can a Shaman use for root/dotting?
Old 07-20-2015, 01:19 PM
Fire Giant

All roots roll for a chance to break, each tic now.

~Urrsa -60 Ogre Shaman-
~Gream -60 Dark Elf Cleric-
~Greame -60 Halfling Druid-
~Oppa -41 Dark Elf Enchanter-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar View Post
boxers are responsible for ruining EQ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Rogean sits on his ivory throne and casts lightning bolts at anyone that disagrees with him or goes against the grain.
Old 07-20-2015, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

Flash of light can keep them running while you are stacking your DoTs then root once ready to let rot.
Closed Thread