Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 01-31-2023, 05:53 PM
Aviak

Default Why do elves have a monopoly on the '

I guess I don't understand why one race of people gets to have the ' in their surname and everyone else gets shafted on surnames. I didn't realize that me using a ' was cultural appropriation like Cornrows.

Could someone point me to the detailed naming rules, I can't find anything on the wiki about only elves get ' ?
Old 01-31-2023, 07:03 PM
Orc

Perhaps you are confused as there is no such rule. In order to have an apostrophe in your surname you have to petition to have a guide add it for you.
Old 01-31-2023, 07:14 PM
Aviak

About 20 minutes ago a guide told me that only elves could have an Apostrophe in their name. I was unaware of this, that is why I am asking for a little guidance.
Old 01-31-2023, 07:15 PM
Aviak

I guess it was more like an hour ago, sorry =)
Old 01-31-2023, 07:18 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyDS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
About 20 minutes ago a guide told me that only elves could have an Apostrophe in their name. I was unaware of this, that is why I am asking for a little guidance.
I would petition here on the forums to confirm what you were told. I have never heard of that, and I believe that to be incorrect. It should be easy enough to sort out. I have personally had apostrophed names on non-elf characters on P99.
Old 01-31-2023, 07:21 PM
Planar Protector

yeah whatever guide told you that is abusing his authority and should be booted off the server

like Haxom said, post in the petition forum and wait for someone with actual authority to fulfill your name request
Old 01-31-2023, 08:21 PM
Planar Protector

https://discord.com/channels/2205440...95224569958411

Quote:
Ambrogio — 11/25/2021 12:23 PM
Greetings! We have had quite a few petitions with missing information that have delayed initial investigations. Following are a few tips that can help us, help you.

Please ensure to include the following information with all forum petitions: server, account name, and character name. If submitting a reimbursement request, please ensure you have enough available slots in your main inventory to accommodate the reimbursement(s).

Speaking of petitions; there are two different methods used to submit petitions, in-game and on the forums.

Some requests we handle exclusively IN GAME with /petition.
In-Game Only: Name changes (PnP Violations), Surnames, Stuck players, Corpse Summons, Guild Creations, and Camp Disputes.

Surname: We will only add a ` in a surname if it is elvish themed. We will not give you a name that has been rejected. You must be on that toon for us to make this change, so do not get discouraged if we don't respond quickly. If you find yourself with an _ in your surname, you have lost the ability to have a surname due to abuse.
Old 01-31-2023, 08:22 PM
Planar Protector

Sorry you dont got elf, Consider Yellow.
Old 01-31-2023, 09:16 PM
Orc

That must have been a change in the rules and it is not reflected in the Getting Started guide here on the forums, while the apostrophe is. Interesting that it says 'elvish themed' and does not explicitly state race. Maybe you have an argument there if your name was elvish themed.
Last edited by Haxom; 01-31-2023 at 09:18 PM..