Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 11-08-2022, 02:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wiki is also pretty wrong about con ranges as you approach higher levels.

In any event, killing greens isn't worth doing for experience, period. You don't need to know the specifics on it, I would lean way more towards 10-25% of their original XP once they're green.

Quadding a pack of green wyverns or two won't move the XP bar, but having a single blue mob in that pack does. The difference in xp gain from a blue and green con mob is enormous. Really you should only be killing green mobs in an effort to get more blue mobs to spawn.
The experience calculator that was created for Green back in the day doesn't seem to indicate this. And based on my leveling experience the calculator seemed accurate. There were times when I'd actually level faster killing high greens because it was more efficient and easy because of the camp I was at and high greens only required like 10% more kills to level than low blues.
Old 11-08-2022, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The experience calculator that was created for Green back in the day doesn't seem to indicate this. And based on my leveling experience the calculator seemed accurate. There were times when I'd actually level faster killing high greens because it was more efficient and easy because of the camp I was at and high greens only required like 10% more kills to level than low blues.
I'd also take high greens in a zone with a high ZEM than hard blues in a low ZEM area.

Thats why you stay in warrens / perma / CT / paw as long as possible.
Old 11-08-2022, 05:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Leveling from 51-60 this was extraordinarily not true. I quadded wyverns and suits for ages. The moment you start seeing greens you start seeing inconsistent XP because greens barely provide XP.

At 59 quadding suits of sentient armor, there's about a 50/50 shot each spawn will be green, and they're only one or two levels below being blue if they are. I would typically con all 4 before pulling. In one unlucky streak I had 3/4 greens for each pull and it took 4 quads to get 1%. In contrast, 2 quads of 3/4 blues would give me 1% regularly.

6 blues and 2 greens gave me 1%, 4 blues and 12(!) greens gave me 1%. The rate of 4-5 greens to equate to a single blue kill has been pretty consistent to me since like level 35 when I started quadding. I saw similar results at gnolls, spirocs, bloodgills, etc.

-Edit: Sure, in high ZEM zones where a few greens might equate to one outdoor blue, maybe this is totally fine, but that just means a single low blue is substantially more xp anyways.
Last edited by Kich867; 11-08-2022 at 05:04 PM..
Old 11-08-2022, 07:11 PM
Planar Protector

I can definitely confirm the wiki is incorrect about green exp giving mobs. At 41 I was getting 1-2% per kill against the blue con level 30 guards at tower 2 in West Karana. Now I'm 42, they turned green, and I still get 1-2% per kill against them. Now maybe eventually it's 50% exp, but not at the moment when they first turned green.
Old 11-08-2022, 07:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can definitely confirm the wiki is incorrect about green exp giving mobs. At 41 I was getting 1-2% per kill against the blue con level 30 guards at tower 2 in West Karana. Now I'm 42, they turned green, and I still get 1-2% per kill against them. Now maybe eventually it's 50% exp, but not at the moment when they first turned green.
Just so I'm clear, at level 42, you killed a green mob and got 2% of your level for it?

That sounds pretty suss. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It's about 125 mobs per level killing low blue cons as they give ~1 tick (there's 125ish ticks per xp bar) of xp.
Old 11-08-2022, 09:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just so I'm clear, at level 42, you killed a green mob and got 2% of your level for it?

That sounds pretty suss. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It's about 125 mobs per level killing low blue cons as they give ~1 tick (there's 125ish ticks per xp bar) of xp.
I don’t think you realize how low the difference is between a high green and a low blue in terms of total exp. Your rambling rant about levels in the 50s is more a result of the insane amounts of exp required for many of those levels
Old 11-08-2022, 09:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Umm ok... well if you don't believe me, I'm not sure how I'd prove it to you. I'm Halfling Warrior, does that help, biggest exp bonus in the game.
Old 11-08-2022, 09:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Not sure what you mean by ticks, my UI shows %exp and I can see how much exp % it goes up after each kill. And no it did not take 125 kills to get from 41 to 42. It was more like 80 kills. I'm 53% into 42 right now. I will count exactly how many level 30 green con guards it takes to get to 43 and report back.
Old 11-09-2022, 05:18 AM
Kobold

We know that mobs have static total xp values for their level, but based on some old comments (see: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=36484) we also know that the older eqemu code had various xp modifiers applied to that base xp based on the consider color, so it's fair to assume there's likely similar behavior still used for p99.

At higher levels there's a larger range of mobs that will be blue, so a "high blue con" will still give more xp than a "low blue con" simply by nature of the mob having a fixed initial xp value based on its level.

What I'm not sure is if that base/fixed xp is ever enough to make killing a "high blue con" worth it over just slaughtering as many of the lowest possible blue cons you can find.

e.g. (pseudo numbers) if a high blue con gave 5000 xp and a low blue con gave 4000 xp, but you could kill it in half the time, then the obvious win is the low blue con, but if a high blue con gave say 10k xp and a low blue gave 2000, it might be worth chasing the harder blues.

This would also be why some argue slaughtering greens can be better xp, since even after the modifier that reduces the total xp, when averaged over the time it takes to kill them, the greens could come out on top.

If I ever want to know whether a camp or group is efficient or how it stacks up I generally sample how fast the xp moves every 15 to 60 minutes and compare. Just looking purely at the mob level or con or how much your bar moves per kill ignores things like med breaks, respawn times, etc. which are all going to drastically affect your rate.
Old 11-09-2022, 10:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure what you mean by ticks, my UI shows %exp and I can see how much exp % it goes up after each kill. And no it did not take 125 kills to get from 41 to 42. It was more like 80 kills. I'm 53% into 42 right now. I will count exactly how many level 30 green con guards it takes to get to 43 and report back.

Alright dinged 43, here to report back. To get that remaining 47% against level 30 green con guards took 30 kills. So that's 1.567% per kill.