Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2020, 05:41 PM
Orc

Also, I just looked at the video you posted and cant help myself[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
here is one video showing proof of FSI https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEgFcImQ9XU . Most of my videos on my channel show me in combat, FSI is working there too.
Yes, FSI is working. No one is disagreeing[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] But you keep saying that FSI can save your life and that regen only saves time. You have yet to show a video where FSI saves your life. In your video it only saves you time too. It might be that it saves you more time then regen in this video, and it might even be that it saves you more then regen AND snare (even if you spend a full minute pulling to somewhere its safe for the mob to run unsnared).

This is an *example* of FSI saving you some time and maybe some stress. Not a *proof* of FSI being better then regen+snare for every torpored shaman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why don't you show one video where Troll/Iksar Regeneration ever helped you just once? I keep asking, and get nothing.
Do you really think that regen (and snare, dont forget that) isnt helpful because you havent seen a video of it? :P lol. Just lol.
Old 07-28-2020, 05:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabids [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, I just looked at the video you posted and cant help myself[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

here is one video showing proof of FSI https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEgFcImQ9XU . Most of my videos on my channel show me in combat, FSI is working there too.

Yes, FSI is working. No one is disagreeing[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] But you keep saying that FSI can save your life and that regen only saves time. You have yet to show a video where FSI saves your life. In your video it only saves you time too. It might be that it saves you more time then regen in this video, and it might even be that it saves you more then regen AND snare (even if you spend a full minute pulling to somewhere its safe for the mob to run unsnared).

This is an *example* of FSI saving you some time and maybe some stress. Not a *proof* of FSI being better then regen+snare for every torpored shaman.

Why don't you show one video where Troll/Iksar Regeneration ever helped you just once? I keep asking, and get nothing.

Do you really think that regen (and snare, dont forget that) isnt helpful because you havent seen a video of it? :P lol. Just lol.
Do people just not read my guide before posting?[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I specifically state in BOTH the Regeneration and FSI section that FSI and Regeneration ONLY save you time when they are not saving your life. The difference between Regeneration and FSI is FSI saves time DURING the fight when it is not saving your life, whereas Regeneration does NOTHING during the fight when it is not saving your life. That is why FSI is better. But as I state in my guide, saving a few seconds per fight isn't a big deal anyway[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] FSI simply DOES something during a fight when you are not going to die, whereas Regeneration doesn't, which is why FSI is generally superior. Both can save your life in rare occasions, and that is in the guide.

I posted two videos showing how bad Snare Neck is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qGq5PZbMXc and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUYSN1sN9z8 . I would LOVE to see someone post a video where clinging darkness did something amazing. So far, I have yet to run into a video or situation where that is the case, and I have done a lot in EQ[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-28-2020, 06:02 PM
Orc

Quote:
Insulting people isn't proving any points. Saying I am stupid means nothing.
I dont think you are stupid and even though I know it is an insult, insulting you wasnt the point of adding it to my post. I agree that insults in itself never is constructive. I think you are willfully misunderstanding and the only other option I can think of is that you is stupidly misunderstanding. I dont think anyone who has read your posts really think you are stupid. If you can explain howcome you misunderstand my points and arguments so often another way I will apologize.

Quote:
You are proving my point honestly. You keep suggesting my math and videos are not evidence, without actually explaining why. Of course not all evidence is equal. I never said otherwise. Just because evidence can be bad, it doesn't automatically make mine bad. Please show me where you disagree, so we can have a discussion. I really don't understand why people think that saying "You are wrong" is a good enough argument to disprove evidence. Show some of your own, to back up your claims.
I did all those things. You know I did, you replied to it. You just didnt accept my arguments and logic as good enough, partly because I didnt make videos. I also used some math, but it seems it isnt good enough when others do it[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
So far, no one has provided evidence, or even shown any math that discredits mine. I am the only one so far to post actual examples, instead of just insisting my examples are real.
We did. Again, you just didnt accept it as evidence or valid arguments. Thanks though for calling your videos examples and not proof[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I have no issues with your videos as long as they are only examples.

Quote:
I am not trying to be disrespectful. The simple fact is most people in that thread have not done any work to prove their points, including yourself. If you have great evidence showing a Troll Shaman at their finest, I would love to see it, and have a discussion. I just find it odd that I am the bad guy here when I provide more evidence than other people.
That you say that I (and others) havent done any work to prove my points IS disrespectful. So if you dont want to be disrepectful, you should stop saying that.

I dont really care what you think about any of this any more, I am only trying to explain why so many (including me) gets a bit miffed with your guide. If anyone else cares, read the thread and decide for yourself.

Quote:
I also find it odd that "Trolling" these days is disagreeing with someone. Not sure where that became the definition. If you think me sticking to my guns is trolling, then I disagree. I would honestly love to see a Troll Shaman come in here and drop some serious evidence.
I agree with you that disagreeing with someone doesnt make you a troll. I also agree with you that sticking to your guns doesnt have to be trolling.

If you dont understand why I call you a troll, just read the second last post I made. I think I explain it pretty well there.
Old 07-28-2020, 06:06 PM
Orc

Anyway! I didnt think I would spend any more time on this, but now I have. Thanks for the fun!

Good guide, bad discussion and enjoy EQ both in game and in the forums whether you are trolling or not[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Im out[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-28-2020, 06:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabids [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dont think you are stupid and even though I know it is an insult, insulting you wasnt the point of adding it to my post. I agree that insults in itself never is constructive. I think you are willfully misunderstanding and the only other option I can think of is that you is stupidly misunderstanding. I dont think anyone who has read your posts really think you are stupid. If you can explain howcome you misunderstand my points and arguments so often another way I will apologize.

I did all those things. You know I did, you replied to it. You just didnt accept my arguments and logic as good enough, partly because I didnt make videos. I also used some math, but it seems it isnt good enough when others do it[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

We did. Again, you just didnt accept it as evidence or valid arguments. Thanks though for calling your videos examples and not proof[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I have no issues with your videos as long as they are only examples.

That you say that I (and others) havent done any work to prove my points IS disrespectful. So if you dont want to be disrepectful, you should stop saying that.

I dont really care what you think about any of this any more, I am only trying to explain why so many (including me) gets a bit miffed with your guide. If anyone else cares, read the thread and decide for yourself.

I agree with you that disagreeing with someone doesnt make you a troll. I also agree with you that sticking to your guns doesnt have to be trolling.

If you dont understand why I call you a troll, just read the second last post I made. I think I explain it pretty well there.
Don't call me stupid if that wasn't the point[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] You are claiming I am willfully misunderstanding things, but have yet to show me doing that.

Show me the so called evidence I purposely glossed over. Claiming this isn't evidence of me doing it. Maybe your evidence was just easy to counter?

I am simply pointing out how people seem to think typing out a specific situation in text is somehow different or superior to a video of actual gameplay in P99. If you claim Snare Neck is great for a specific camp, for example, then do more than claim it. Show me a video. Then I can take a look, and see if Snare Neck was required. I could even make a video myself showing me doing the camp without it[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-28-2020, 06:28 PM
Orc

Cant help myself!! At least its fun this time[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Don't call me stupid if that wasn't the point[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didnt actually call you stupid though, I just said that was the other option I could think of[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
You are claiming I am willfully misunderstanding things, but have yet to show me doing that.

Show me the so called evidence I purposely glossed over. Claiming this isn't evidence of me doing it. Maybe your evidence was just easy to counter?
Maybe so. If anyone cares, they can read it. I had maybe 10 or so posts in the other thread, its not hard to find.

I cant be bothered to sift through that massive thread looking for the quotes. I just dont care enough[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Plus, whats the point. You were there after all[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'll give you this quote to explain why Im not going into the same discussion with you again[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EINSTEIN
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
If people think I am unreasonable not backing up my claims here, thats ok.
Old 07-28-2020, 06:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Cant help myself!! At least its fun this time[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I didnt actually call you stupid though, I just said that was the other option I could think of[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Maybe so. If anyone cares, they can read it. I had maybe 10 or so posts in the other thread, its not hard to find.

I cant be bothered to sift through that massive thread looking for the quotes. I just dont care enough[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Plus, whats the point. You were there after all[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'll give you this quote to explain why Im not going into the same discussion with you again[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If people think I am unreasonable not backing up my claims here, thats ok.
Honestly, why bother making a claim that you cannot back up? It does nothing. You saying I did something that you cannot prove is the same as just saying "I am right and you are wrong". That gets us nowhere. I would love to be proven wrong, if you can do it!
Old 07-28-2020, 06:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Then I can take a look, and see if Snare Neck was required. I could even make a video myself showing me doing the camp without it[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Snare neck is IMO somewhat akin to the ogre racial in that its perceived effect is greater than its actual impact. Simply put, it reduces nuisance. If any shaman racial bonus actually matters it's probably slam for the simple reason that the class otherwise severely lacks interrupts: Slam is somewhat unreliable, but it's still sometimes the difference between "I'll give this a try," and "That thing can gate, forget it." That's why I'm lukewarm towards iksars, at least.

Speaking of the ogre racial, I appreciate you trying to measure it out and put actual numbers to its real-world effect. Frontal bash resist is one of the most talked-about passive abilities on this forum and it's nice seeing trials being done to determine its actual effect in situations favorable to it. Your testing confirms that it's not a big deal, a reality which your guide points out practically at the top.

Danth
Old 07-28-2020, 06:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Snare neck is IMO somewhat akin to the ogre racial in that its perceived effect is greater than its actual impact. Simply put, it reduces nuisance. If any shaman racial bonus actually matters it's probably slam for the simple reason that the class otherwise severely lacks interrupts: Slam is somewhat unreliable, but it's still sometimes the difference between "I'll give this a try," and "That thing can gate, forget it." That's why I'm lukewarm towards iksars, at least.
Well iksars(and trolls) can get the CT symbol, which will give them essentially a stun on a 2 second cast time-- assuming you have the mob rooted(or having it flee is no big deal) and is undead. I wouldn't be surprised if that also didn't make it into his "guide".
Old 07-28-2020, 06:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Speaking of the ogre racial, I appreciate you trying to measure it out and put actual numbers to its real-world effect. Frontal bash resist is one of the most talked-about passive abilities on this forum and it's nice seeing trials being done to determine its actual effect in situations favorable to it. Your testing confirms that it's not a big deal, a reality which your guide points out practically at the top.

Danth
Completely agree here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well iksars(and trolls) can get the CT symbol, which will give them essentially a stun on a 2 second cast time-- assuming you have the mob rooted(or having it flee is no big deal) and is undead. I wouldn't be surprised if that also didn't make it into his "guide".
Hey, thanks for mentioning the CT symbol! I did forget about that. I can include it in my guide for sure. Shamans can already fear kite with blind if they really wanted to. The problem is there just aren't a lot of situations where this is needed. I did use blind kiting once on enchanter mobs so they wouldn't Charm me, but that was before I was level 60 with decent resistance gear.