Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 06:03 PM
Planar Protector

Has a thriller vibe to it at times as well, so I think you will find it titillating to the senses. (understatement)

the dialogue for Anthony Hopkins was really well done too. Can't describe the formatting of the show without spoiling it all. Best if you don't know anything about how the narrative and story-telling was done that made it so great

Don't read or hear anything about it, and you'll feel like you are levitating. This is a show you definitely don't want spoiled so you can enjoy the full ride.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 12-06-2016, 04:58 AM
Planar Protector

Hoping to see this story come true by the time I'm the age of the man in black
Old 12-08-2016, 01:45 AM
Planar Protector

Numbers back. Most watched HBO season finale of all-time by a landslide and most popular freshman series of all time, again by a landslide.

Season 2 is on hold until 2018.

You have to wait for good TV.

Old 12-08-2016, 02:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Numbers back. Most watched HBO season finale of all-time by a landslide and most popular freshman series of all time, again by a landslide.

Season 2 is on hold until 2018.

You have to wait for good TV.
-= SPOILER STOP READING =-

So... Season 2 huh? What do you think will happen next?

1. Do the hosts really have the ability to have conscience thought or is it just programming?
2. Ford essentially killing himself as he was going to be pushed out, didn't want this, so he killed all the investors/board and in turn attempted to destroy the park. So is this really the assumed end of the park? Does new management take over? Has this happened before?
3. Did Maeve (sp?) really go back to get her daughter? That story line could have ended better.
4. Was it Arnold that put in the wake up command? Ford? Bernard? Who did it?
5. Is Will/The Man in the Black dead?

Just a few topics to discuss.
Old 12-08-2016, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

SPOILERS AHEAD
SPOILERS AHEAD
SPOILERS AHEAD
SPOILERS AHEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatMice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So... Season 2 huh? What do you think will happen next?

1. Do the hosts really have the ability to have conscience thought or is it just programming?
2. Ford essentially killing himself as he was going to be pushed out, didn't want this, so he killed all the investors/board and in turn attempted to destroy the park. So is this really the assumed end of the park? Does new management take over? Has this happened before?
3. Did Maeve (sp?) really go back to get her daughter? That story line could have ended better.
4. Was it Arnold that put in the wake up command? Ford? Bernard? Who did it?
5. Is Will/The Man in the Black dead?

Just a few topics to discuss.
1. I’ve been debating whether Arnold pre-programmed the bots to appear as though they one day become sentient… I still don't fully know which direction to lean. Are they becoming conscious, or simply following their programming (follow up to this in my answer to Q3)

2. Im certain that when we first saw the secret lab (where Theresa had her head smashed against the wall by Bernard) that the bot we saw being “woven” or created was a Ford bot. The thing we saw shot through the head was indeed his bot, not Ford himself.

3. The note Maev received on her way out of the facility said “Park I”. This, in addition to learning of “SW” or “Shogun World” or “Samurai World” implies clearly that WestWorld is one of many themed parks. I say all that to say this – Maev’s decision to get up and exit the train to me demonstrates autonomy since she actively is putting herself again in harm’s way to locate her daughter. Ford described early on that Arnold’s ultimate goal was to create consciousness through forcing the bots to conquer their pre-programmed fears and inhibitions.

4. No idea.

5. The Man in Black (William) is definitely not dead. He was shot in the arm and seemed to enjoy it.
Last edited by azeth; 12-08-2016 at 03:10 PM..
Old 12-08-2016, 04:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SPOILERS AHEAD
SPOILERS AHEAD
SPOILERS AHEAD
SPOILERS AHEAD

1. I’ve been debating whether Arnold pre-programmed the bots to appear as though they one day become sentient… I still don't fully know which direction to lean. Are they becoming conscious, or simply following their programming (follow up to this in my answer to Q3)

2. Im certain that when we first saw the secret lab (where Theresa had her head smashed against the wall by Bernard) that the bot we saw being “woven” or created was a Ford bot. The thing we saw shot through the head was indeed his bot, not Ford himself.

3. The note Maev received on her way out of the facility said “Park I”. This, in addition to learning of “SW” or “Shogun World” or “Samurai World” implies clearly that WestWorld is one of many themed parks. I say all that to say this – Maev’s decision to get up and exit the train to me demonstrates autonomy since she actively is putting herself again in harm’s way to locate her daughter. Ford described early on that Arnold’s ultimate goal was to create consciousness through forcing the bots to conquer their pre-programmed fears and inhibitions.

4. No idea.

5. The Man in Black (William) is definitely not dead. He was shot in the arm and seemed to enjoy it.
1. Yea I this is one of the tracks that can/will be explored throughout this entire series. It is what makes this story one of the best on television right now.

2. Ah so you think it was all a "gun and pony" show. I would like to believe he is actually dead; especially after hearing that they are having difficulty getting their star cast back for the following seasons.

3. Good eye. I didn't really remember the lettering on the note. Clearly with additional parks more seasons are in order, but to ATG's points, to me, it really will would put a damper on the story-lines/success of this series for HBO.

4. Ok then.

5. Yea I hope he isn't dead.
Old 12-08-2016, 04:17 PM
Banned

Season 2 will reveal that there are many other "westworlds" in existence. In the original movie I think there were 3 - westworld, rome-world, and a jungle-world... I think those Samuri hosts we saw in the finale are going to open the door for a oriental themed westworld where most of the season will take place with occasional flashes to Westworld which is in total chaos
Old 12-08-2016, 04:23 PM
Fire Giant

Spoiler Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr3o7VALTCc

But this youtube video does answer some questions and opens a few more.
Old 12-08-2016, 05:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatMice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2. Ah so you think it was all a "gun and pony" show. I would like to believe he is actually dead; especially after hearing that they are having difficulty getting their star cast back for the following seasons.
MIB was under a 2-year deal.

It's not clear whether this means 2 seasons or only 2 years and unlimited seasons within those 2 years.

I would guess it absolutely means 2 years. And with a push back to 2018 confirmed, it's likely he will need to renegotiate again.

Basically, he was safe to return alive in 2017. Now he's dead unless some stipulation/agreement happens is my understanding.

Old 12-08-2016, 05:50 PM
Planar Protector

Anthony Hopkins will only sign 1 season deals.

If he comes back it will depend on if he likes the script and the money got better.

The door was left open for him to return, as mentioned.

Evan Rachel Wood, well this is her first major smash despite being a B-list silver screen star prior to this.

I'm more worried about James Marsden.

Closed Thread