Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-16-2018, 10:00 AM
Sarnak

Default Gina - excluding words as part of a search

Howdy,

I use Gina to notify me if people list certain items for auction so I can reach out to them. It works fantastic, but there's a feature I'd like to implement - how to exclude certain words from an item.

For example, I'd like Gina to notify me when someone is auctioning 'Black Marble' but not 'Crushed Black Marble' and 'Jaundice Gem' but not 'Crushed Jaundice Gem'

Below, I posted what I'm currently using. I've tried [^crushed] before the item but that doesn't seem to work. Any tips are appreciated!

^(?<seller>[A-Za-z]*) auctions, \'(?i:WTS|selling).*(?<item>(?i:Black Marble|Jaundice Gem|Flawed Sea Sapphire|Flawed Emerald|Flawless Diamond|Crushed Onyx Sapphire)).*\'
Last edited by abyssalstalker; 05-16-2018 at 10:03 AM..
Old 05-16-2018, 10:55 AM
Kobold

Try something like:

Code:
(?<!Crushed\s)Jaundice Gem
Old 05-18-2018, 08:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morticon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try something like:

Code:
(?<!Crushed\s)Jaundice Gem
I believe this worked, thank you!
Old 05-22-2018, 05:40 PM
Sarnak

Howdy, I'm back again but this time trying to exclude certain sellers from my list. Here's what I'm using:

^(?<seller>[A-Za-z]*) auctions, \'(?i:WTS|selling).*(?<item>(?i:Crushed Topaz|(?<!Chipped\s)Black Marble)).*\'

I tried using the code Morticon provided at the beginning but it isn't seeming to work. Example:

(?<!NAME\s)^(?<seller>[A-Za-z]*) auctions, \'(?i:WTS|selling).*(?<item>(?i:item1|(?<!Chipped\ s)Onyx Sapphire)).*\'

I've also tried this below bit it seems to break the script

^((?<!name\s)?<seller>[A-Za-z]*) auctions, \'(?i:WTS|selling).*(?<item>(?i:item1|(?<!Chipped\ s)Onyx Sapphire)).*\'

Any help is appreciated, thanks!
Old 05-22-2018, 06:12 PM
Kobold

The following should allow you to exclude a list of names:

Code:
^(?!(?:Name1|Name2|Name3)(?!\w))(?<seller>[A-Za-z]*) auctions, \'(?i:WTS|selling).*(?<item>(?i:Crushed Topaz|(?<!Chipped\s)Black Marble)).*\'
Old 05-22-2018, 08:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morticon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The following should allow you to exclude a list of names:

Code:
^(?!(?:Name1|Name2|Name3)(?!\w))(?<seller>[A-Za-z]*) auctions, \'(?i:WTS|selling).*(?<item>(?i:Crushed Topaz|(?<!Chipped\s)Black Marble)).*\'
You are quite wonderful. Works like a charm.

True talk, hit me up in EC on Deals and i'll be glad to tip you. This has helped me a lot and you deserve it.
Old 08-02-2019, 10:58 AM
Kobold

I have something similar where I have an overlay that pops up the hit point number when I am hit by damage:

{S} ([A-Za-z]) YOU for {N}

or something like that - may be missing an asterisk or something.

When I am healed that number also shows up, which makes sense, but I'm looking for how to exclude the number I am healed by from showing up, so I preserve just damage from showing up on the overlay.
Old 08-02-2019, 11:00 AM
Planar Protector

Just for any curious readers wondering what all this magic code is, it's called a "regular expression", and there are like a bajillion tutorials on how to write them yourself on the Internet, if you are interested.

Here's just one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have something similar where I have an overlay that pops up the hit point number when I am hit by damage:

{S} ([A-Za-z]) YOU for {N}

or something like that - may be missing an asterisk or something.

When I am healed that number also shows up, which makes sense, but I'm looking for how to exclude the number I am healed by from showing up, so I preserve just damage from showing up on the overlay.
I'm on Linux (so I don't have Gina), but when you want to include something in a regular expression, you put parentheses around it (like you did with "([A-Za-z])"). When you want to exclude it, you just add it the same way, but without parentheses.

So in theory to get rid of the healing number you just need to add it, but don't put parentheses around it. But I'm not sure how that "{S}" and "{N}" stuff works (that's Gina-specific). I think they might include invisible parentheses or something, and if that's the case you can't use "{N}" (but hopefully someone who knows Gina better can help more).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 08-02-2019 at 11:05 AM..
Old 08-04-2019, 06:41 AM
Large Bat

There's probably a more elegant way to do it, but this search text will work:

(?<!healed) you for {N}

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]