Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2019, 11:03 PM
Sarnak

Default Item Recharging on Green/Teal

Should it be removed?

I don't think many people knew about it back in the day and to me, it feels like a classic "exploit" that really doesn't need to be in place. Removing it might make things like alchemy potions be more in demand which I feel would make things a bit more classic, but that's just my opinion.

It feels a bit dirty to spend a few plat for any class to be able to quad kite skeletons down in under a minute using very cheaply rechargeable items. I'm a bit on the fence about it because, honestly, I'd want to exploit it as well. How does everyone else feel about this?
Old 11-18-2019, 11:04 PM
Planar Protector

I would laugh so hard if they did this
Old 11-18-2019, 11:10 PM
Fire Giant

They removed item recharging on red. Made for a more classic feel. Should do it on green/teal too. As you said, recharging items for a few plat is cheesy.
Old 11-18-2019, 11:10 PM
Planar Protector

Only one I'd miss is the WC cap. Trying to find ports is for the birds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palemoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
recharging items for a few plat is cheesy.
A few plat on blue is a small fortune on green. You won't have every random going around recharging stuff. I mean, when I last played on blue a year ago, it was FAR from uncommon to have people in a high-level group who didn't even own a hat, who maybe had heard of it and knew what it was for but didn't want to pay to recharge it or didn't understand how to recharge it or whatever. Not too many people are going around recharging reapers or stocking 10 root nets, let alone wort pots or whatever. It'll be a LOT fewer on green.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 11-18-2019 at 11:12 PM..
Old 11-18-2019, 11:14 PM
Sarnak

would make getting an OT hammer pretty painful for nice races
Old 11-18-2019, 11:18 PM
Planar Protector

It'll be painful enough with like 2% as many strings on green when kunark hits as blue has. Selling OT hammers will be a guild venture with price setting and shit unless strings drop a lot more than I expect they will be.
Old 11-18-2019, 11:38 PM
Sarnak

Well classic was notoriously painful, but did people regularly recharge things like puppet strings back then? It there a good reason to keep item recharging in place when it could detract from the classic experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palemoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They removed item recharging on red. Made for a more classic feel. Should do it on green/teal too. As you said, recharging items for a few plat is cheesy.
How exactly did it help make the game feel more classic?

Is there ever a good reason to keep an exploit in place simply because it was patched out post velious? I used to nuke mobs in mistmoore from the roof of the castle where there was no pathing. That exploit isn't here but technically should be.
Old 11-18-2019, 11:48 PM
Kobold

At this point in the game no one was recharging anything. Later on it was a well kept secret until it was nerfed mainly from people using rez staff to skip content in luclin, which is nerfed on p99.

A lot of people probably heard of recharging but didn't know how it worked.
Old 11-19-2019, 12:19 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
would make getting an OT hammer pretty painful for nice races
It is suppose to be painful for good classes, oh no some ppl might actually have to grind faction and do the sarnak knight quest alot (if you dont know how to do this as a good race then you are a noob that likes EZ mode), the horror of having to play the game the way it was suppose to be played the ABSOLUTE horror.
Old 11-19-2019, 12:33 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is suppose to be painful for good classes, oh no some ppl might actually have to grind faction and do the sarnak knight quest alot (if you dont know how to do this as a good race then you are a noob that likes EZ mode), the horror of having to play the game the way it was suppose to be played the ABSOLUTE horror.
I didnt say anything about it being a good or bad thing
Closed Thread