Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 04-07-2023, 10:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Listen closely: that is not how this works. And, you can't bury my question. Who is arguing to arbitrarily take, or otherwise "seize" capital?

Rodger's rules of gambling needed to be recalled a while back for you, Aussen. Who is arguing for an arbitrary system of seizure? Who is tring to destroy how capitalism works? This would require significant structural change not only domestically, but in the entire global order, and would instantly plunge the world into immediate "currency vaporization" due to the fact we are talking about fiat capital. All the world's currency are fiat. You destroy what makes that currency worth something -- the capitalist system -- everything is over.

So who are these insane people? Who is currently wishing for the Western currency system to collapse?
I feel like you are tricking me into posting this but fine I'll get tricked.

Old 04-08-2023, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

A law is the opposite of arbitrary.

How do you propose we pay for the 7th Fleet? Is that, too, not part of this engine? How do you pay for the power of the state, which alone correlates to the currency value in a fiat system?

Who pays for the power, that makes the wealth mean anything? You aren't doing an analysis with all the variables. You're externalizing the cost of being a superpower.

And making some wheezing talking point my grandad used to make about "class wars!" and stuff that simply never amounts to much, or at least nothing compared to what would happen if the current power order of the world were to go another direction. Which, that is what you pay for: power strong enough to make sure things don't.

The wealthy never internalize the cost differential of being a billionaire in the western banking system, vs being in say, the Democratic Republic of Congo's banking system.

They have an open lifetime reservation to the best restaurant in town, and complain when the prices are raised.

Well, move your wealth! The DRC is working on a fleet, I'm sure.
Old 04-08-2023, 11:33 AM
Planar Protector

And yes, that was the trap. I got you to mention a law.
Old 04-08-2023, 02:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A law is the opposite of arbitrary.

How do you propose we pay for the 7th Fleet? Is that, too, not part of this engine? How do you pay for the power of the state, which alone correlates to the currency value in a fiat system?

Who pays for the power, that makes the wealth mean anything? You aren't doing an analysis with all the variables. You're externalizing the cost of being a superpower.

And making some wheezing talking point my grandad used to make about "class wars!" and stuff that simply never amounts to much, or at least nothing compared to what would happen if the current power order of the world were to go another direction. Which, that is what you pay for: power strong enough to make sure things don't.

The wealthy never internalize the cost differential of being a billionaire in the western banking system, vs being in say, the Democratic Republic of Congo's banking system.

They have an open lifetime reservation to the best restaurant in town, and complain when the prices are raised.

Well, move your wealth! The DRC is working on a fleet, I'm sure.
Quote:
And yes, that was the trap. I got you to mention a law.
What changed that we need the novel taking?

Your point about the DRC is well-taken, they did nationalize wealth somewhat.
Old 04-08-2023, 09:59 PM
Banned

i am a very smart poster in case you can’t tell
(lol)
Old 04-08-2023, 10:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i am a very smart poster in case you can’t tell
(lol)
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-08-2023, 10:43 PM
Banned

got em