Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 04-04-2023, 05:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good crit, and you're right. Thanks.
It’s really not though. And yea I was being sarcastic with the southpark reference; I really don’t get off to flouting moral superiority. I’ve never understood the appeal for the left. Maybe my brain has just been so conditioned against it by constantly seeing it from the left for the past decade or so. But I personally think doing it is to fill some self-esteem void or to feel like one is following a higher purpose in a world falling away from religion

Not to get too lost in the sauce in analysis
Old 04-04-2023, 05:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
words
Are you new here?
Old 04-04-2023, 05:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s really not though. And yea I was being sarcastic with the southpark reference; I really don’t get off to flouting moral superiority. I’ve never understood the appeal for the left. Maybe my brain has just been so conditioned against it by constantly seeing it from the left for the past decade or so. But I personally think doing it is to fill some self-esteem void or to feel like one is following a higher purpose in a world falling away from religion

Not to get too lost in the sauce in analysis
Do you get off on monologuing against it? This is 3rd time minimum. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-04-2023, 05:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you new here?
I don’t post as much here because it’s more focused (ideally) on the actual game rather than political/cultural issues

But um let me look at the post count highly visible next to my name to anyone who isn’t a moron…

Looks like nope
Old 04-04-2023, 05:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you get off on monologuing against it? This is 3rd time minimum. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you get off about pointing that out?

Is this a complaining about complaining about complaining loop? Can’t wait!
Old 04-04-2023, 06:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I don’t post as much here because it’s more focused (ideally) on the actual game rather than political/cultural issues

But um let me look at the post count highly visible next to my name to anyone who isn’t a moron…

Looks like nope
post count doesnt mean shit. trexeller has a jillion posts, but 70% are fap mats.
Old 04-04-2023, 06:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
post count doesnt mean shit. trexeller has a jillion posts, but 70% are fap mats.
True

A lot of mine are memes tbh. You should come into off topic sometime. I think you are one of the lefties who can really go the distance without having to circumvent multiple bannings like Horza/Dickslet or whatever his latest alt account is
Old 04-04-2023, 07:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
But I personally think doing it is to fill some self-esteem void or to feel like one is following a higher purpose in a world falling away from religion

Well, a light bulb has gone off. This has been a concern in art, literature, philosophy, and religion, for at least 150 years, as a modern issue. Religious experience is an invention of the human imagination unfortunately built out of bronze age mythology that is 1) wrong and 2) damn were the masses dumb back then.

Please do not make me bring up examples. You ever sleep inside a fish? I thought not.

As literacy and non-lead saturated living environments became less prevalent, the species grew sharper. Knowledge increases. The cosmos does not revolve around us, and is significantly larger than was thought only but 200 years ago.

Socially, more people learned the tools we call language and reason. Not all people possess much in the way of language, or logic, even at this late date!

Consequence: Religion no longer supplies the religious experience it was invented for. Other dreams take hold. Other "ideals" and hopes for salvation.

D.H Lawrence argued, America was populated by two different kinds of people. People seeking an enlightenment society based in rational law and consent of the governed, and, Puritans.

He argued, the US has been in eternal conflict b/c of this. The liberty seeking people of reason, and then, that Puritanical thing. They have two difference value systems. It is a personality type, not a political type, so it is found everywhere.

The people you refer to are called, on the inside, "neo-puritans." Instead of the trinity of Father-Son-Holy Ghost they pursue some secular savior, some new purity, to make them whole.

tl;dr. I am not sure it is *moral* superiority you sense from some on the Left. In my case, it would be intellectual superiority. The stupidity of the masses is something you manage. It's dumb shit. And it's funny to see people, on either side, hold up some piece of shit and say, "we found it!" over and over and over.

We have a good system. The Left used to say we suck. Now, it is the Right who says we are doomed. And it's all because of butt sex. It has pushed so many people over the line, globally. Putin regularly says, this war is to protect Russia from gays and transexuals.

We got a good system. Currently, it's the right that is sour. We let gays in the club. They say it's curtains for us. But, it's curtains for them. The Twilight of the Gods motherfuckers. Read it, internalize.

God, as something that will save you, is dead. No exceptions.

How's that for an honest post?
Old 04-04-2023, 07:32 PM
Planar Protector

Less than 200 years. That's a couple handfuls of generations. We didn't even know there was a "galaxy" in the sense of there being other galaxies until Hubble. And we didn't know their were billions of *visible* galaxies ... until Hubble!

So we wonder why people are rustled. Alvin Toffler called it "future shock" -- the future happens too fast for human groups to digest it. This was back in the 60's. It creates disorientation, or what Durkheim, 100 years early in the 19th century, called "anomie" -- a feeling of normlessness. Confusion happens when people do not know which way is up.

SO just, you know, pop in an 8-Track of Europe 72, and just realize, all this fury? Your youth and your best mind is passing by, and you are thinking some boogie man gonna get us. It ain't gonna happen man. You just got some bad acid.
Old 04-04-2023, 07:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, a light bulb has gone off. This has been a concern in art, literature, philosophy, and religion, for at least 150 years, as a modern issue. Religious experience is an invention of the human imagination unfortunately built out of bronze age mythology that is 1) wrong and 2) damn were the masses dumb back then.

Please do not make me bring up examples. You ever sleep inside a fish? I thought not.

As literacy and non-lead saturated living environments became less prevalent, the species grew sharper. Knowledge increases. The cosmos does not revolve around us, and is significantly larger than was thought only but 200 years ago.

Socially, more people learned the tools we call language and reason. Not all people possess much in the way of language, or logic, even at this late date!

Consequence: Religion no longer supplies the religious experience it was invented for. Other dreams take hold. Other "ideals" and hopes for salvation.

D.H Lawrence argued, America was populated by two different kinds of people. People seeking an enlightenment society based in rational law and consent of the governed, and, Puritans.

He argued, the US has been in eternal conflict b/c of this. The liberty seeking people of reason, and then, that Puritanical thing. They have two difference value systems. It is a personality type, not a political type, so it is found everywhere.

The people you refer to are called, on the inside, "neo-puritans." Instead of the trinity of Father-Son-Holy Ghost they pursue some secular savior, some new purity, to make them whole.

tl;dr. I am not sure it is *moral* superiority you sense from some on the Left. In my case, it would be intellectual superiority. The stupidity of the masses is something you manage. It's dumb shit. And it's funny to see people, on either side, hold up some piece of shit and say, "we found it!" over and over and over.

We have a good system. The Left used to say we suck. Now, it is the Right who says we are doomed. And it's all because of butt sex. It has pushed so many people over the line, globally. Putin regularly says, this war is to protect Russia from gays and transexuals.

We got a good system. Currently, it's the right that is sour. We let gays in the club. They say it's curtains for us. But, it's curtains for them. The Twilight of the Gods motherfuckers. Read it, internalize.

God, as something that will save you, is dead. No exceptions.

How's that for an honest post?
Thus spoke Sadrethustra, engaged in the sacred game we've had to invent in the wake of our great deed.