Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 04-11-2023, 05:49 PM
Fire Giant

Everything in EQ rewarded you for sitting longer. Its even in the name.
Old 04-11-2023, 05:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everything in EQ rewarded you for sitting longer. Its even in the name.
But it was never a guaranteed reward, the way /list is.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-12-2023, 02:43 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But it was never a guaranteed reward, the way /list is.
/list is not guaranteed. Ask the dozens who failed camps after 30-40-50-60 hours straight, myself one of them at 56hrs, then a 14hr break and another 52hr camp.

The system sucks, and should be removed outright. Passing the camp off works fine, get better friends, play better and get there first etc.
Old 04-12-2023, 02:53 AM
Banned

I'm definitely with Loramin on this one. Tho my way is the compromise.

The old way is insanity. Hope this helps!
Old 04-12-2023, 10:31 AM
Kobold

Holy fucking shit, can you imagine playing a game for 56 hours straight? I'm impressed at how meaningless these people's lives are. And to think there are dozens of them is fucking wild.

In my mind I see a ratty, dirty, malnourished gamer sitting at an old, 2nd-hand desk they found by a dumpster. They're surrounded by beer and coke cans on the desk and stained and matted carpet. Their old dinning room chair doesn't match any other furniture in the shack mostly because they get what they can from the same dumpster. The buttons on the mouse have outlined grease and sweat grime where there fingers are nearly permanently stuck. The computer smells like burning ash from the amount of dust and smoke residue that sticks inside. The only time they lift their hands off the filthy keyboard (the WASD letters completely worn off) is to roll the glass dick back and forth, adding to the slightly burned discoloration on their lips as the meth smoke swirls past their decaying, yellow teeth and into their blackened, soot-covered lungs. They haven't shaved in weeks, and the bathtub is rusty from the constantly dripping faucet and mold that has been growing for years. They have 3 sets of clothes they random rotate every few weeks, not that they clean them, since they simply sit on the floor next to the old, dirt couch they occasionally crash on when they run out of meth. They only productive thing they do is RMT some random items they spend half their time grinding out to barely keep the electricity running and the section 8 rent paid.
Old 04-12-2023, 10:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rager and Quitter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Holy fucking shit, can you imagine playing a game for 56 hours straight? I'm impressed at how meaningless these people's lives are. And to think there are dozens of them is fucking wild.

In my mind I see a ratty, dirty, malnourished gamer sitting at an old, 2nd-hand desk they found by a dumpster. They're surrounded by beer and coke cans on the desk and stained and matted carpet. Their old dinning room chair doesn't match any other furniture in the shack mostly because they get what they can from the same dumpster. The buttons on the mouse have outlined grease and sweat grime where there fingers are nearly permanently stuck. The computer smells like burning ash from the amount of dust and smoke residue that sticks inside. The only time they lift their hands off the filthy keyboard (the WASD letters completely worn off) is to roll the glass dick back and forth, adding to the slightly burned discoloration on their lips as the meth smoke swirls past their decaying, yellow teeth and into their blackened, soot-covered lungs. They haven't shaved in weeks, and the bathtub is rusty from the constantly dripping faucet and mold that has been growing for years. They have 3 sets of clothes they random rotate every few weeks, not that they clean them, since they simply sit on the floor next to the old, dirt couch they occasionally crash on when they run out of meth. They only productive thing they do is RMT some random items they spend half their time grinding out to barely keep the electricity running and the section 8 rent paid.
<3
Old 04-12-2023, 10:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/list is not guaranteed. Ask the dozens who failed camps after 30-40-50-60 hours straight, myself one of them at 56hrs, then a 14hr break and another 52hr camp.

The system sucks, and should be removed outright. Passing the camp off works fine, get better friends, play better and get there first etc.
It absolutely is guaranteed, if you wait long enough. Meanwhile, on live, waiting that long was all but impossible: if technology limits didn't stop you, the GMs and camp dispute rules would have led to you having to roll off to keep the camp as soon as anyone else wanted it.

The list system is clearly more classic than no system at all ... but a randomized list instead of a "guaranteed if you wait" list would be even more classic.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-12-2023, 04:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It absolutely is guaranteed, if you wait long enough. Meanwhile, on live, waiting that long was all but impossible: if technology limits didn't stop you, the GMs and camp dispute rules would have led to you having to roll off to keep the camp as soon as anyone else wanted it.

The list system is clearly more classic than no system at all ... but a randomized list instead of a "guaranteed if you wait" list would be even more classic.
Old 04-12-2023, 05:40 PM
Banned

thank god this cunt hugging redditor isn’t involved in the project administration
Old 04-12-2023, 06:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rager and Quitter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Holy fucking shit, can you imagine playing a game for 56 hours straight?
How is this even possible without a hard stim like adderall or meth?