Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 04-21-2023, 02:36 PM
Planar Protector

Younger people need to understand, everything about your body, within certain limits, is about adaptation. Some things are just simply non-adaptive for us. I have never seen anyone successfully survive on a diet of gravel, for example. We, sadly, are not lithivores, for example. Some are!
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You live out in the wild enough, your body changes to adapt to fit that environment. Your hearing adjusts to no walls, your sight also grows sharper, since .. again ... no walls.

Now, I knew several old friends who thought Heroin + them = doable!!

They're dead. And they were dead inside at least a year before they finally just disappeared from anyone's view.

Cannabis?

There is a miniscule chance someone here had me as a professor in college. I've been stoned for 40 years, by how normal people would define it.

Google Louis Armstrong cannabis. And I say to myself.... it's a wonderful life!

Dude was always clockin altitude. Ever sine he was a teen down in New Orleans, making the new sound.

tl;dr it all depends what your cognitive and neurological loadout is, which is as unique as your fingerprint, and what's the design of the ship you have planned, and exactly how you plan to get to your destination. The rest is just learning how to talk to the parrot.
Old 04-21-2023, 02:58 PM
Planar Protector

See, what Chortles knows, but he thinks he is being clever by playing dumb, is that reality is 4 dimensional. Time is the fourth deimension. You can very easily (at least I can) train your mind to see the trail of time in the present reality that surrounds you, whether it be a mountain view or a person on the street. You can see the dimension of time.

Coco Chanel famously said, "When you are young, you get the face you were born with. When you are old, you get the face you deserve."

Wise woman. A Nazi, but she did invent the entire concept of what a "modern woman" dresses like. Women looked like dolls. Coco gave them clothes that can take control of things. The Queen's entire look is based on Coco's principle's. So if you thought the late Queen was boss, (!!) that is all Coco Chanel. She simply reinvented what a formal woman looks like.

So, you get the face you deserve. That's the dimension of time. I once was talking to someone who was exactly my age, but he looked so old.

I realized, it was because adulthood had eaten his happiness. He was anxious, angry a lot, jealous of people, always thought he was getting a bad deal in life.

The face he deserved.

So, if what I am saying is correct, tell me, am I wrong?
Old 04-21-2023, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

Bogosity. Human experience does not exist at relativistic scales. Asshole.
Old 04-21-2023, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

I mean, if we talk about physics, that is one thing.

But physics does not address the nature of human consciousness, nor can adequately explain it. So physical discoveries regarding the "objective" nature of spacetime do very little to explain what it is we *experience* in spacetime.

For startes, the physical world at the scales relevant to human being, is Newtonian. Purely mechanical. Yet, we feel we arise each day, into this flow of spacetime that we say is real, that we are free, when nothing we have experienced in nature is ever "free." It''s all determined.

SO why this mismatch? Again, physics is not the study, nor could it be, the study of who we a"are" beyond our biological systems and regulation. The nature of consciousness clearly is grounded in a specific organ and type of tissue (neural / nervous), but inside that experience, you experience the world, not electrical impulses and such. I do not "think about" the neuron that bears the thought.

How does that happen? Or perhaps the entire neurological project is a dead end?

This is why life is exciting. We do not know. A lot.
Old 04-21-2023, 03:13 PM
Sarnak

some of you type too much
Old 04-21-2023, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

Armstrong was born on August 4th, 1900, into an impoverished family in New Orleans, and grew up in a rough neighborhood known as “the Battlefield.” His father abandoned the family when Armstrong was a young boy and his mother often had to resort to prostitution to keep the family afloat. It was during these formative years that young Satchmo was first introduced to the dance halls – filled with scandalous dancing, ladies of the night and jazz musicians.
He often found himself in trouble for general delinquency as a teenager. There is a particularly notable anecdote in which the young boy shot his stepfather’s .38-caliber pistol into the air on New Year’s Eve – a move that landed him a stint in the New Orleans Home for Colored Waifs. It was there that Armstrong met the man who would change his life: Professor Peter Davis, who would teach Louis Armstrong how to play cornet and provide the basic musical instruction that would alter the course of American music for generations to come.
Old 04-21-2023, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

Welcome to 4D
Old 04-21-2023, 03:51 PM
Kobold

I'm not fucking reading any novels on this worthless forum.
Old 04-21-2023, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

you ever sucked a dick for marijuana?
Old 04-21-2023, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rager and Quitter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not fucking able to read.

fify