Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 08-12-2023, 11:05 AM
Planar Protector

Maybe that is the disconnect. I am not telling people to shut up at all.

I am saying that you cannot make factual claims like "you will get enough DPS from 20 STR to level faster", when you have no evidence. I have actually provided evidence to the contrary https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...&postcount=300. There is a point at which DPS isn't helpful if the number is too small.

If you want to say you prefer STR, there is nothing wrong with that. Please post it! Just do not make a factual claim without evidence and try to pass it off as fact.

This will confuse players who don't understand the game as well.

As far as I can tell, OP is twinking their character. They will have plenty of STR and weight reduction. I have already said many times that STR is good on your first character on a server, or a self found character. It isn't the objectively best choice, but it is a good choice for that specific scenario.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-12-2023 at 11:24 AM..
Old 08-12-2023, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-12-2023, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

Another thread of DSM having to get the last word in that he is correct and everybody else is wrong? LOL who would've thought?
Old 08-12-2023, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

“ I have shown an Iksar SK can get a large amount of STR in easily acquired gear, this can be found here: https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:TestIksarSK. This shows that you can get enough STR to deal good damage and carry around lots of loot without having to raid.”

The logical choice to upgrade to a Reaver from that horrible Argent Protector (or even to use some nice 1h/shield combos like the Ebon and Ashenbone Shield) will lose you 10 strength. Now down to 162. Leveling up with a shaman you will usually have 60’ish extra strength so 222 out of 255. 10 more with the strength tap that lasts like 5 minutes.

Fast-forward to 60 you will only cap with Maniacal Strength and Focus. As you know shamans have a lot to do on a raid rather than throwing in one more buff. A rational player will just suck it up and deal with Focus. Again, undercapped. 230 buffed strength or 240 if you can land Siphon Strength or I guess carry around a Dark Reaver to stack that too.

If the SK put points into stamina instead of strength at least they wouldn’t be stuck with that 106 shown on the Magelo. They would still be like 74 points from the goal.

Really the link to shared illustrates how marginal little race melee stats are out of the box even if you optimize strength making poor tank armor picks (it looks more ranger than Knight oriented). When you’re still about 20 strength from target and 99 stamina I’d recommend not putting points into intelligence.
Old 08-12-2023, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe that is the disconnect. I am not telling people to shut up at all.
Good to hear, just letting you know that when you disagree with an opinion, write it off as nonsense and ask people to stop posting then it can come across that way.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-12-2023, 02:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
“ I have shown an Iksar SK can get a large amount of STR in easily acquired gear, this can be found here: https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:TestIksarSK. This shows that you can get enough STR to deal good damage and carry around lots of loot without having to raid.”

The logical choice to upgrade to a Reaver from that horrible Argent Protector (or even to use some nice 1h/shield combos like the Ebon and Ashenbone Shield) will lose you 10 strength. Now down to 162. Leveling up with a shaman you will usually have 60’ish extra strength so 222 out of 255. 10 more with the strength tap that lasts like 5 minutes.

Fast-forward to 60 you will only cap with Maniacal Strength and Focus. As you know shamans have a lot to do on a raid rather than throwing in one more buff. A rational player will just suck it up and deal with Focus. Again, undercapped. 230 buffed strength or 240 if you can land Siphon Strength or I guess carry around a Dark Reaver to stack that too.

If the SK put points into stamina instead of strength at least they wouldn’t be stuck with that 106 shown on the Magelo. They would still be like 74 points from the goal.

Really the link to shared illustrates how marginal little race melee stats are out of the box even if you optimize strength making poor tank armor picks (it looks more ranger than Knight oriented). When you’re still about 20 strength from target and 99 stamina I’d recommend not putting points into intelligence.
Yea if that is the magelo he made it shows even more than mine how bad sta can be. As if mine didn’t tho. Sheesh
Old 08-12-2023, 03:26 PM
Sarnak

After reading all 38 pages of this thread, I can conclude that +20 AGI as starting stats is the way to go.

Thank you for the insight all!
Old 08-12-2023, 03:32 PM
Planar Protector

Talking Well played! Pick something the bickering fools don’t suggest probably smartest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by busted [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After reading all 38 pages of this thread, I can conclude that +20 AGI as starting stats is the way to go.

Thank you for the insight all!
10/10

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-12-2023, 03:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want to argue the merits of individual stats, you are going against your claim that starting stats are irrelevant.
I don't believe I have ever said that starting stats are irrelevant. If you're going to claim that I said that, you need to provide evidence. I believe I have been consistent in saying that starting stats "have minimal impact", and minimal is not zero. A little bit extra DPS on every swing and a little bit more carrying capacity is a nice QoL improvement.

Quote:
I honestly never see forum toxicity translate to in-game toxicity. I'll gladly play P99 with him any time.
Cheers mate! I had a blast with you on Thursday. I got to check something off my list of EQ experiences (crawling Lower Guk), and we both leveled. I'm very appreciative that you were up for duoing even though most of my posts on here are disagreeing with you. And those Adamantite Epaulets are a great upgrade for me.

It does make me chuckle that when we ended the evening I was ~50 stone overweight, although a lot of that was because you graciously let me do all the looting and because I forgot to vendor/bank before meeting up.
Old 08-12-2023, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good to hear, just letting you know that when you disagree with an opinion, write it off as nonsense and ask people to stop posting then it can come across that way.
If you make a factual claim without evidence, it is nonsense. Telling people +20 STR is giving you a significant DPS boost is like saying 20 STA gives you 500 HP (this isn't true). I ask that people stop posting factual inaccuracies, because it causes confusion. That is all I am asking

If you are confident about the DPS boost, you need to show your work. I will be happy to admit I am wrong if you can show the DPS numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbrown [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cheers mate! I had a blast with you on Thursday. I got to check something off my list of EQ experiences (crawling Lower Guk), and we both leveled. I'm very appreciative that you were up for duoing even though most of my posts on here are disagreeing with you. And those Adamantite Epaulets are a great upgrade for me.

It does make me chuckle that when we ended the evening I was ~50 stone overweight, although a lot of that was because you graciously let me do all the looting and because I forgot to vendor/bank before meeting up.
Yeah I had a blast, thanks for grouping with me!
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-12-2023 at 03:54 PM..