Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2014, 09:11 AM
Orc

Default Twinking

Hello everyone, I just started leveling up a toon on this server not too long ago and I am really liking it. One experience that is missing is mid level pvp. It seems that everyone I pvp is someones twink, which really is really not the end of the world but it is also not that fun.

All in all the griefing level on this server is far below sullon zek which is good so it is not a huge problem, but it would be really nice to have some mid lvl pvp that is fair. Have any of the management team considered putting required levels on items? I know it is not classic, but it would force people to pvp and level up on a fair playing field (even though they have gone through the grind on 1 or more toons already).

I hope I do not get flamed for this post, a lot of new players who start on this server might not be as patient as others so once they get pked by a twink 2 or 3 times they might be inclined to quit the server.

Anyway, loving the server and the classic experience so far!
Old 05-25-2014, 09:29 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurtinu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I hope I do not get flamed for this post
Good luck with that!
Old 05-25-2014, 09:53 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iandyan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good luck with that!
Anyone who wanted more people to stay on the server and improve it would think this is a good idea.
Old 05-25-2014, 10:07 AM
Sarnak

The server has been around a while, and it has been low population for a while as well. So all the PvP is at the top, either 55+ or fighting a level 25 geared like a 55+. If it ever develops mid range PvP action, it will take some time. You can't really expect it to magically happen when the server barely has enough mid level players to fill MM.

Make some friends. Push to the late 40s, mid 50s, and there will be plenty of PvP.
Old 05-25-2014, 10:17 AM
Banned

prepare your anus for flames
Old 05-25-2014, 11:27 AM
Banned

Honestly required levels on items would be good and bring back some of that wizard for mid level pvp flavor of the day business were they were so OP. It would also help people l2bcreative again.

But this is not roflronzek and classic is as classic does, at least it tries to pay homage and not make a new game. I mean this one change would be great probably. But it would also open the door 2 more. Just like this business with the exp rates.

And trust me, with exp rates how it is. I know I can be completely antisocial and 60 in a /month. In classic slow exp slowed down the trolls and stupid and helped produce a better end game experience.

IMO add classic item loot and legacy items back into the gameb4 a change like this.
Old 05-25-2014, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

I think dr Nirgon already posted the classic solution to this problem: item loot
Old 05-25-2014, 12:02 PM
Banned

Item loot is the solution, but server would need a wipe (wont happen) or it should have been there from the start. This is as good as its gonna get, hopefully they dont start teams and blow up red. Just be glad i was there to "whine and cry" for a year for an xp loss in pvp fix and you dont have to deal with that.
Old 05-25-2014, 01:07 PM
Orc

Unfortunately item loot would scare a lot of people off, coin loot scares people as it is. I know coins are not a big deal to people who have been around a while but to a new player?? Getting pk'ed by a twink while you are fighting a mob half dead and having all your spell money stolen is a big deal. I know people say bank but the bank tends to be a long way from the exp.

Required level on items would fix the twink situation, it would make mid level pvp a lot of fun. Some of the best times I had on sullon zek were leveling up when everyone was fairly evenly geared.

I played on the SZ good team so I have experience being an underdog, it was still a blast because 1v1 you had a decent chance of winning. I am glad there are a lot of responses and actually not too much flaming.
Old 05-25-2014, 01:27 PM
Banned

I think we do need required level items. Twins are just too strong. Or maybe some type on instanced battlegrounds for the new players that give out pvp equipment like heiro cloaks or heirlooms?
Closed Thread