Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-14-2010, 08:23 AM
Fire Giant

Default No Servers on the server select screen

i looked through the website here for about 25 minute and didnt find anything, so i'm very sorry if this is a repost :\

when i open up my p99 eq on the desktop everything is normal. i log in w my usual username and password, and then when it comes to the server select screen, and there is nothing on the list, the big box is just empty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

can anyone help me out here? i've just moved to the UK so maybe that has something to do with it? either way, when i'm not at training i'm deathly bored so pleeease help me out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-14-2010, 09:37 AM
Fire Giant

Since you can connect to the P99 website I don't think its a location issue. Have you checked your eqhost.txt to make sure it matches what is listed in the setup guide?
Old 09-15-2010, 11:28 AM
Fire Giant

wel it turns out that it was a problem with my shortcut not being linked to the right eqgame.exe, so i fixed that, and was playing for about 45 minutes, i zoned a few times, started to solo, got trained by an idiot and when i zoned out it froze, i quit eq then tried getting back on and the same exact thing happened from before, no servers on the list.. ??
Old 09-19-2010, 04:33 PM
Aviak

Same issue...think it has something to do with isp/connection
Old 09-19-2010, 04:51 PM
VIP / Contributor

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...EmuFAQ#QLinkLS
What you want is the First Time EQ Experience all over again. It's understandable, everyone that experienced it knows what it was like. But, and I want you to absorb this, IT WILL NEVER BE THE SAME. Not ever. No matter how hard you try.

I hope you find what you're looking for, but it will never be the way you want it, even if they were able to make it 100% exactly like it was at launch.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:07 PM
Fire Giant

Thank you Uthgaard,

"I can log into the Server Select screen, but when I get there, no servers are showing up. It is just a blank list.
This usually means there is a network problem. Either your network is blocking port 5998 or your router may just be having issues that need to be corrected. If you live in a dorm or are playing from a public network, it is probably going through a proxy and that means they are most likely blocking port 5998, so you won't be able to play. If you are playing from home and have control of your internet connection, then the problem is probably either with your router/modem or with your PC. First, make sure that you don't have a firewall or any other security programs running that might block your connectivity in any way. Next, make sure you aren't forwarding port 5998 to any PCs on your network (this includes port range forwarding that would include port 5998 in the range). If not, next you want to try powering down your modem and router. Then power up your modem and wait until it gets a connection. Next, power up your router and wait for it to connect. Last, reboot your PC and try connecting to EQEmu again. If that still isn't working, then there is a good chance that you need to reset your router or router/modem back to factory defaults. Most modems have a sunken in button that you can hold down to reset it to defaults. Check your product documentation for how to do it. Once that is done, set up your router again and try connecting to EQEmu again. It should be working now, but if not, there may be an issue with the routing from your ISP or your router may just be going bad."

so i have tried resetting my routed via the baby button on the back, then un plugging it letting it chill then coming back to it and turning it on, letting it connect again (took like 5 minutes so i'm guessing it was 'reseting' or whatever, and i try to login and it goes back to the blank list again. i try logging in a second time and i have the server select. so allthough it did let me in, it still didnt work the first time, so i'm assuming my problem is not fixed. the only other solution on there is that it is my ISP, so what does that mean? do i need to call my ISP and talk to them? and if so what the hell do i tell them is the problem lol "i cant play everquest. the server select screen is coming up blank" i'm sure that'll 1) get me a laugh, and 2) not help them to understand my problem

haha anyways, if you have anymore info or advice, it'd be much appreciated! thanks guys!
Old 09-20-2010, 04:26 PM
VIP / Contributor

Well, if you can now see the server list, but are encountering a new problem, then let's start from scratch with that one.

It's not really clear from your post, you can or can't see the server list? And if so, describe exactly what's happening when you attempt to log into the server.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:38 AM
Fire Giant

well i try logging in and i cant see the list, then i'll log back out, then try again, and i'll keep trying until eventually it does. then sometimes when i actually get into the game, it'll run fine and i'll go to zone and it'll just freeze
Old 09-22-2010, 07:26 PM
VIP / Contributor

1. What OS are you using?
  2. What client are you using (Titanium or SoF)
  3. Did you already follow the getting started guide for the server? If yes, is there a chance that you deleted more files than you should have?
  4. Did you allow your client to patch at any point, even for just a second?
Old 09-23-2010, 07:45 AM
Fire Giant

Windows XP (mac boot camp)

Titanium

yes already did the getting started, and no nothings been deleted.

no never allowed it to patch

-----

ive been playing on the server for over a year, and have just moved to the UK and all the sudde this problem happens. so it almost has to be something with my ISP . something to do with the difference in connection now that i'm here .