Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-17-2010, 12:01 PM
Planar Protector

Default MOB Run Speed & Hit Box

Back in Everquest Live (GoD-ish era), I had an alt bard. When I wasn't grouping through LDON (instances suck btw), I was bard kiting with Selos and chords + whatever single target DoTs I had acquired at the time.

I seem to remember that it was very close, but if I did it right I could get JUST in range of chords for AEing without actually being in melee range of the 1-5 MOBS i was kiting at the time. Now, it may be that I am a younger, untwinked bard whose skills are rusty, but I feel like I cannot get into chords range without also entering melee range.

What I am asking is: Are MOB hit box sizes on P99 the same as their sizes from live? Or is this kiting + chords combo just not viable on P99?
Old 09-17-2010, 12:11 PM
Sarnak

yes, hitboxes are larger and mobs run faster. If you are kiting with AOE songs, make a tight oval pattern and you can tag the mobs at each vertex of your oval without being hit. Whenever you are within like "10 feet" of the mobs, do NOT stop turning or they WILL hit you. For some reason, when you straighten out your run pattern, mobs have about three times the melee range than when they are turning. It's possible, but I wouldn't waste time with it until you are at least 18, because DDD has a larger AOE than chords and if you can twist both you cut your kiting time in half.