Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-22-2010, 02:39 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Game Window

After I Alt/Tab out of the EQ window, I go back in and Alt/Enter to expand the window. BUT, whenever I mouse click anything it takes me to my desktop. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:53 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

OMG Please lol.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:08 PM
Kobold

I have the same problem and its beyond annoying. One thing that helped was clearing ALL icons off of my desktop and not have webapps running.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:50 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

WTB Solution.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:11 PM
Kobold

Happens to me too. You are not alone. I even try relogging and nothing =/
Old 09-22-2010, 07:15 PM
Banned

I've had this problem before (in fact I have it everytime this happens) but I noticed it only happens when I click outside of where my windowed mode was. It's almost as if the game still thinks it's in windowed mode. The way I fix it is by hitting alt+o and manually changing my display resolution (to what it already is, but I guess the game doesn't know about it?) after I have full screened.

Note: If you hit alt+o and the options box comes up outside of the limits of your windowed mode border you may have to change your resolution before going to fullscreen mode, or do what I did and drag it over into the windowed mode box.

Hope this helps a little!

P.S. I completely circumvented this by making my windowed mode run at the same resolution as my full screen, so no matter where I clicked I would be within my windowed mode box. Not as convenient admittedly, but at least I can multi-task. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-23-2010, 01:22 PM
Orc

When this happens simply go into your video modes/options and apply the settings again. This will stop it from happening. It is super annoying, I agree.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:48 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

That's the stuff. Thanks!!!
Old 09-26-2010, 08:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcbard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've had this problem before (in fact I have it everytime this happens) but I noticed it only happens when I click outside of where my windowed mode was. It's almost as if the game still thinks it's in windowed mode. The way I fix it is by hitting alt+o and manually changing my display resolution (to what it already is, but I guess the game doesn't know about it?) after I have full screened.
I have this problem too (using windows 7 64)...and i do this same thing...just hit alt + o and update res, lol...sucks to have to keep doing it tho...i also cant seem to move a couple of my boxes in game like my spells and song effects box (im using the velious interface).
Old 09-27-2010, 12:21 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
also cant seem to move a couple of my boxes in game like my spells and song effects box (im using the velious interface).
AFAIK, you have to "move" the boxes by resizing. Grab the right edge, put it where you want; grab the left edge, put it where you want; repeat for top and bottom.