Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-01-2019, 01:23 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default I don't know how to get an applet work.

Hi all,

I need help with an old applet which I can't use.

For many years i used a Java Applet called TeamStats for different sports league tables. It was a simple but very useful applet.

Then Oracle started to come up with their new security things which made aömost all my Java Applets impossibe to use, unfortunately also TeamStats.

After trying for a while to get this applet work, I simply gave up.

For two years I've tried different, Programs which can be used for maintaining sports league tables, all of them more complicated to handle and not as useful as TeamStats. I even bought a buggy program for a nice sum of money which turned out to be worthless, very limited and no support at all from those who sold it to me.

I've tried to construct Excel tables but it's too complicated and they take too much time to work with.

So I've decided to bring TeamStats back to life. But how?

I've contacted the guy who made the original applet. Unfortunately he has moved om to other projects. He was rather uncooperative and had no intentions at all to create a new applet hor help me get this one in order.

Is there anyone here who can help me use this applet again? I can send it or make it downloadable if necessary. The problem I'm facing are all warning messages which shows up when I try to use the applet. I have no idea how to certify this or make it work with the recent Java uppdates.

Unfortunately, I only have the Swedish applet and other language versions aren't available anymore. I hope that someone might understand the principles for the applet anyway and make it work for me. Or if there are anyone who can create a new but similar useable applet for me.

Thanks in advance.

Rerefence:
https://www.java-forums.org/java-app...plet-work.html
technical copywriter
Old 07-01-2019, 03:56 PM
Planar Protector

Did you register for and post on the wrong website?
Old 07-02-2019, 09:57 AM
Planar Protector

https://github.com/NLSurfMan/TeamStats ?

-Mcoy