Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: What will be your primary class on Green?
Bard 53 7.79%
Cleric 57 8.38%
Druid 84 12.35%
Enchanter 89 13.09%
Magician 45 6.62%
Monk 30 4.41%
Necromancer 44 6.47%
Paladin 36 5.29%
Ranger 39 5.74%
Rogue 28 4.12%
Shadow Knight 30 4.41%
Shaman 68 10.00%
Warrior 38 5.59%
Wizard 39 5.74%
Voters: 680. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2019, 07:26 AM
Fire Giant

Agreed. Honestly if I had a group and we needed a tank i would screw any penaltys and just take any tank. Someone doesnt like it? Screw em. Beats waiting for another to come along.

You know whats worse than an xp penalty in the group, sitting around looking for the optimum group and not killing as fast.
Old 10-03-2019, 07:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppkins_Wytchfinder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agreed. Honestly if I had a group and we needed a tank i would screw any penaltys and just take any tank. Someone doesnt like it? Screw em. Beats waiting for another to come along.

You know whats worse than an xp penalty in the group, sitting around looking for the optimum group and not killing as fast.
People constantly cite this exact specific scenario, but you know what's more likely? Group of five seeks tank, or has tank they are ok with and needs just one of any other that can do damage. In zone lfg are a halfling war and a troll sk. Which one you think the group is going to pick?
Old 10-03-2019, 07:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People constantly cite this exact specific scenario, but you know what's more likely? Group of five seeks tank, or has tank they are ok with and needs just one of any other that can do damage. In zone lfg are a halfling war and a troll sk. Which one you think the group is going to pick?
I'd choose whichever player:

1. Asked first
2. Could get to our location the quickest
Old 10-03-2019, 07:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd choose whichever player:

1. Asked first
2. Could get to our location the quickest
I said they were both in zone. You do an lfg check, no one knows who has been there longer.
Old 10-03-2019, 07:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I said they were both in zone. You do an lfg check, no one knows who has been there longer.
Oh, sorry. I guess next I would ask the current group if they ever grouped with either of them (reputation check). Then I guess I would find out if one of the two classes would a better fit the group as far as their level to the MOBs we are engaging. Do we need "snap aggro", etc.

But I wouldn't once think or care about the experience penalty. It's almost a null-factor in my opinion after you do all of the numbers.
Old 10-03-2019, 07:48 AM
Planar Protector

You wouldn't care I know, but the playerbase at large? Lots of the folks to join us don't even play on blue, much less frequent the forums and absorb all the info they can. I hope there will be a higher level of knowledge about how the penalty works, but given basic human nature I won't be surprised if there is reluctance to invite hybrids when there's another option.
Old 10-03-2019, 07:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You wouldn't care I know, but the playerbase at large? Lots of the folks to join us don't even play on blue, much less frequent the forums and absorb all the info they can. I hope there will be a higher level of knowledge about how the penalty works, but given basic human nature I won't be surprised if there is reluctance to invite hybrids when there's another option.
I'm with ya. It's kinda of sad. Kinda like the real world though as everyone has the wrong opinion of everyone else.
Old 10-03-2019, 08:18 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Obviously the halfling if that were the case. Im just saying i wouldnt "go out of my way" to complicate the matter.
Old 10-03-2019, 08:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppkins_Wytchfinder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Obviously the halfling if that were the case. Im just saying i wouldnt "go out of my way" to complicate the matter.
Why the Halfling, may I ask?
Old 10-03-2019, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why the Halfling, may I ask?
They always bring snacks and drink and smoke.
Closed Thread