Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 12:15 AM
Orc

Default Gnoll Fangs being eaten 1/4

Last edited by Nepenthe; 10-26-2011 at 12:21 AM..
Old 10-26-2011, 01:33 AM
Sarnak

Are you turning the fangs in at Qeynos or Halas? Also, do you mean that handing in 4 fangs at one time only produces 1 reward of faction, experience, and a moonstone (if Qeynos)?
Old 10-26-2011, 07:41 PM
Project Manager

Does this need deleted, or what is the issue?
Old 10-27-2011, 01:26 AM
Skeleton

Default Halas Quest - Gnoll Teeth

I turned in 3 gnoll teeth to Lysbith Mcnaff (sp?) in Halas per her dialog. She gave me one set of faction hits and 1 item. The last time I did this I recieved 3 items and 3 sets of faction hits. Additionally, the exp I recieved as about 1 blue bubble at 9, which is the reward for 1 tooth, at least in my experience.

I am not sure if this is what the original poster was talking about, but I also heard (yesterday) from a character in-game that the quest was not responding correctly.

The test I conducted occurred at about 10:20pm Pacific on 10/26, and I was playing my human monk named Mystache. I hope this highlights the problem with real data.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:27 PM
Project Manager

Ah okay well that is the problem.

In the recent patch:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
  • Nilbog: Lysbith McNaff's 'Gnoll Bounty' requires 3 gnoll fangs. They can be turned in one at a time.
The bug with her quest was that she was previously rewarding exp and items for every fang. It should be for every 3, as she states in dialogue.

Quote:
I've placed a bounty on the gnolls o'Blackburrow. Their whelps have invaded our land and we must carry the fight into their dens. Join the fight and return three gnoll fangs as proof of yer victory in Blackburrow. Do so, and earn the respect o' the Wolves o' the North.
Captain Tillin's gnoll fang quest in Qeynos should be better than Lysbith's.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:48 PM
Skeleton

Nilbog:

1. Are you saying that the way it is now (turn in 3, and get a reward commensurate with 1 tooth), is the way it should be working, and therefore will not be changed?

-or-

2. Did the changes made essentially nerf the better of the two turn-in possibilities, and those unintended changes will be fixed.

Making it so you can turn in 1 tooth at a time and get an equal reward to the Qeynos turn-in quest makes sense. Paying an extra bounty for 3 teeth at once is what she advertises, and what has been occurring. (I will be honest and state that I have no idea of how "classic" that extra bounty was).

Many people save their fangs up and trek to Halas, because of the extra reward of the bounty. This incentive helps young barbs out, because most higher level characters stop to buff, heal and help them (especially with the vengefuls).
Old 10-27-2011, 06:45 PM
Planar Protector

Dude, read.

Lysbith McNaff says 'I've placed a bounty on the gnolls o' Blackburrow. Their whelps have invaded our land and we must carry the fight into their dens. Join the fight and return three gnoll fangs as proof of yer victory in Blackburrow. Do so, and earn the respect o' the Wolves o' the North.'

The Qeynos quest has always been better. You get slightly more money from the Halas turn in (5 gold per 3 fangs).

lol wut
Old 10-27-2011, 08:17 PM
Skeleton

If the above comment was directed towards me, I can read just fine thank you.

I simply telling you that:
1. the experience was much better pre-patch for turning in 3 fangs, and
2. you received 3 items for turning in 3 fangs, and
3. you recieved 3 different faction hits for turning in 3 fangs.

If the quest has now been changed to allow single fang turn-ins, that's fine. However, it seems that if you do turn in 3, you should (at the very least) receive the equivalent of what is received for 3 separate turn-ins of a single fang.

If that's not the case, that's fine. I will be turning in all my fangs where I get the most for them, and simply want to know if the new method in Halas is actually intended to be much worse than the Qeynos turn-in, or if the change broke the 3 fang turn-in, unintentionally.
Old 10-29-2011, 01:14 PM
Project Manager

It is working as intended now. (nerfed)

Previously the halas turn in was rewarding for each gnoll fang. It should be for every 3. This is the way it worked in classic, and still on eqlive.

The Halas gnoll fang quest is good because you can turn in if kos to guardsofqeynos and steelwarriors. And as Mardur mentioned, it has a better coin reward.
Closed Thread