Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2019, 09:23 AM
Aviak

Default Koalindl Fish faction hit

How bad is the faction hit? Used my bard mule to kill about 4 or these for my enchanter but ended up leveling her up. Any major obstacles to my bards progression i should be concerned about?
Old 12-13-2019, 09:59 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I would say no, and if you're concerned, turn in the moonstones you get from gnoll fangs to fix Priest of Life faction

Moonstone Quest
Old 12-13-2019, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

Classically the kolandl fish is one of the worst single faction hits in the game.. But I dont know if they did that on p99. It was -400 to Priests of Life which was hilariously bad
Old 12-13-2019, 10:05 PM
Planar Protector

its a really bad hit. like -100 when a usual faction hit is -2 to -10. it only takes a couple fish to make all good qeynos guards (there are bad ones that dont mind) and the pally guild there hate you. there's even some merchants on the docks that start to cast nasty lv50 spells on you. it makes qeynos a scary dungeon if you kill that fish more than a couple times

that said none of them see invis and i cant be bothered to log on an alt to do it. also i quadded qeynos guards and killed the paw of opolla guy instead of cooking so basically f my qeynos faction on my druid

for your bard, you need to visit the bard guild in qeynos for your epic. there's also an npc in a west karanas guard tower you need to talk to (konia swiftfoot). all of those bard dudes for the epic in the qeynos area are on antonican bard faction. its not affected by the fish, but things around them are.

tldr it shouldnt matter, doubly so if you are a sneaking race
Last edited by bubur; 12-13-2019 at 10:08 PM..
Old 12-14-2019, 10:48 AM
Sarnak

You could check the faction hits for Knights of Thunder and do bandit sashes if you're not KOS. Or kill Bloodsabres.
Old 12-14-2019, 12:19 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its a really bad hit. like -100 when a usual faction hit is -2 to -10. it only takes a couple fish to make all good qeynos guards (there are bad ones that dont mind) and the pally guild there hate you. there's even some merchants on the docks that start to cast nasty lv50 spells on you. it makes qeynos a scary dungeon if you kill that fish more than a couple times

that said none of them see invis and i cant be bothered to log on an alt to do it. also i quadded qeynos guards and killed the paw of opolla guy instead of cooking so basically f my qeynos faction on my druid

for your bard, you need to visit the bard guild in qeynos for your epic. there's also an npc in a west karanas guard tower you need to talk to (konia swiftfoot). all of those bard dudes for the epic in the qeynos area are on antonican bard faction. its not affected by the fish, but things around them are.

tldr it shouldnt matter, doubly so if you are a sneaking race
Thanks for the all the info. Im still amiable to all the pallies and guards so i should be OK. grinding bandits from 12 to 17 might have something to do with it.
Old 12-14-2019, 03:31 PM
Aviak

It's a significant hit, but nothing you can't fix pretty easy with low-level turning quests (feeding bone chips to Lashun Novashine, bandit sashes in SQ, the gnoll fang / moonstone quests, etc)

And if nothing else... it's Priests of Life faction. Very isolated. The only time this faction is ever important is if you're a cleric / paladin trying ot do their quests.
Old 12-15-2019, 04:29 AM
Planar Protector

Definitely ignore it. It can be annoying acquiring bard songs but wherever there's a song you can purchase in Qeynos, you can get it in either Freeport or Kelethin instead so there's no reason to go back.

...and if you do, invis song will be fine in terms of passing through the city.
Closed Thread