Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2019, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That change would nerf healing classes immensely imagine being locked into long casts haha
It worked this way on red for the longest time. Wasn't that big of a deal, honestly.
Old 08-14-2019, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

It's not a nerf to casters in the majority of scenarios, it's a buff. You're able to meditate while casting.
Old 08-14-2019, 03:33 PM
Planar Protector

I have seen some folks say duck-canceling was important because it adds a layer to caster PvP.
Old 08-14-2019, 04:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pindrought [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Were bards able to stop song during cast on initial release or did this apply to them also?
Bards could always cancel songs at anytime.
Old 08-15-2019, 03:03 AM
Kobold

Wasn't it that you had to be ducking/sitting when the spell finished in order to interrupt it? I remembered it being like that but had no idea when it was changed/was supposed to be changed on live/blue or if I was just misremembering it with a different game. It's not that big of a deal though since you normally commit to spells while grinding. It would only have a notable effect on people who need to instantly react to things aggroing/breaking, like enchanters soloing 20 mobs at the same time, and they need the nerf anyway.

I welcome the heals at full hp. Give light healing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But really we're all just idly speculating for no reason, which does no good because it's not like we can reason or discuss the answer out: it's entirely a matter of staff preference whether any given non-classic quality of life improvement will make it to Green (and in a relatively short time they'll answer all these questions).
It's not QoL. It clearly impacts the game to a degree. Even if it was there isn't any precedence that I know of for the staff not implementing classic mechanics because they simply don't feel like it. If it's classic it's classic.
Old 08-15-2019, 12:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even if it was there isn't any precedence that I know of for the staff not implementing classic mechanics because they simply don't feel like it. If it's classic it's classic.
There is definitely a precedent: Non-Classic Compendium (Intentional Changes)

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread