Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2020, 07:48 PM
Planar Protector

Ogres base stats, FSI, slam is so OP for warrior lol you can’t try to say it isn’t especially more so before full BiS endgame velious when race doesn’t matter as much.

Halfling sneak is a nice QoL improvement though.
Old 01-22-2020, 08:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ogres base stats, FSI, slam is so OP for warrior lol you can’t try to say it isn’t especially more so before full BiS endgame velious when race doesn’t matter as much.

Halfling sneak is a nice QoL improvement though.
Like I said, it's a long term thing, not just short term. Ya, ogres and trolls get much higher stats for vanilla but eventually that extra strength is useless and the dex difference makes up for stamina difference( halfings will also level 20% faster than ogres, and 25% faster than trolls). FSI is virtually worthless for a non raid tank and like I aid, regen is moot usually since warriors have little ability to solo. We arent talking about shadow knights here or soemthing, who can still solo reasonably but rock em sock em warriors.
Old 01-22-2020, 08:26 PM
Planar Protector

Long game leveling speed doesn’t matter....Roll an Ogre and add 25 dex lol
Old 01-22-2020, 08:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Long game leveling speed doesn’t matter....Roll an Ogre and add 25 dex lol
If leveling speed didn't matter we would have about 5 times as many hybrids on green right now. I didn't mention in my original post, only in reference to base stat difference. I think leveling 20%-25% faster is better than starting with an extra 40-50 str. The extra str is nice though if its going to be your first character.
Old 01-22-2020, 08:59 PM
Planar Protector

Halfling Ogre
Sta 85 132
Str 80 140
Dex 90 70
Total. 255. 342.

Lol bro gtfo here it’s a difference of almost 100 in the stats that matter. It’s much easier to make up 20 dex than 47 sta and 60 str.
Old 01-22-2020, 09:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Halfling Ogre
Sta 85 132
Str 80 140
Dex 90 70
Total. 255. 342.

Lol bro gtfo here it’s a difference of almost 100 in the stats that matter.
STR doesn't matter if experience modifier doesn't, bro. Didn't we just cover this?

Then you have 175, versus 202. 27 stat points. One can decide for themselves if hide/sneak/wall hacking abilities is worth the price of admission. I'd say it's at least worth considering.
Old 01-22-2020, 09:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
STR doesn't matter if experience modifier doesn't, bro. Didn't we just cover this?

Then you have 175, versus 202. 27 stat points. One can decide for themselves if hide/sneak/wall hacking abilities is worth the price of admission. I'd say it's at least worth considering.
What lol? Str directly relates to DmG output? You are off your rocker... you know there’s plenty of ways to shrink for wall hacks too if you wanna go at it. Plus let’s just pretend Str doesn’t matter for a warriors white dmg and general aggro. Do you know what kind of insane things people here would do to themselves for a potion that boosted their stats by 27 points innately? And almost 100? You can’t Hide & Sneak like a rogue just one of the other. Also sneak pulling has long since been nerfed. Sneak is a QoL improvement that’s all, but true long game you can just grind faction, you can just grind Xperia’s, you can grind cobalt bracer/shrink pots you however cannot grind more base stats, or FSI.
Old 01-22-2020, 09:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
What lol? Str directly relates to DmG output? You are off your rocker... you know there’s plenty of ways to shrink for wall hacks too if you wanna go at it. Plus let’s just pretend Str doesn’t matter for a warriors white dmg and general aggro. Do you know what kind of insane things people here would do to themselves for a potion that boosted their stats by 27 points innately? And almost 100? You can’t Hide & Sneak like a rogue just one of the other. Also sneak pulling has long since been nerfed. Sneak is a QoL improvement that’s all, but true long game you can just grind faction, you can just grind Xperia’s, you can grind cobalt bracer/shrink pots you however cannot grind more base stats, or FSI.
Every warrior is going have 200+ str eventually without even trying. And yes it does increase damage output -- which allows you to kill faster and hence level a bit quicker-- but so does just startigng out with a muhc better exp modifier. Str does nothing for aggro. Aggro is based on weapon/haste/procs, not white damage. You can keep calling Sneak/Hide "QoL" all you want. It doesn't change how useful it is, from bind location potetial, to selling anywhere, to CRs, to sitting invis waiting for a pather to move through a room you to grab it at just the right moment and tons of assorted similar scenarios. to being able to often safely AFK in many zones while you wait for your 07097309793019 hit points to regen watching netflix.
Old 01-22-2020, 09:41 PM
Planar Protector

Both toons will get to 60 before Kunark finishes if played even remotely regularly both toons are not going to get 255str/sta/dex as easily actually an ogre starts off 87 stat points closer to that. Clickie invis items exist and last 20minites If you are hiding longer than that just camp.
Part of aggro is based on potential damage per swing if I’m not mistaken could be wrong on that but Str definitely factors into the damage output and if it doesn’t increase aggro, a mob that dies faster does less damage.
Old 01-22-2020, 10:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Both toons will get to 60 before Kunark finishes if played even remotely regularly both toons are not going to get 255str/sta/dex as easily actually an ogre starts off 87 stat points closer to that. Clickie invis items exist and last 20minites If you are hiding longer than that just camp.
Part of aggro is based on potential damage per swing if I’m not mistaken could be wrong on that but Str definitely factors into the damage output and if it doesn’t increase aggro, a mob that dies faster does less damage.
No warrior gives a shit about getting 255 str. Invis from clickies are not reliable for many things, and you can't duplicate sneak at all. Invis randomly fades, hide/sneak does not. if you camp out, you can't regen any hit points. Ya, sure if you kill things faster with higher str. Too bad warriors aren't around to do DPS. It's like painting flames on a geo metro.
Closed Thread