View Poll Results: To Participate or Not to Participate... or something else
Don't participate at all. It's #1's responsibility + their loot/exp 10 30.30%
Participate enough to help, but make sure to pull your punches 9 27.27%
AOC has a list. Lists are bad 14 42.42%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2020, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

Default The 矛盾 of /Lists: To Participate or Not to Participate, that is the question

Chinese for contradiction. 矛 is a spear. 盾 is a shield. You can see the imagery.

Back in the "Classic Legacy Era" it seemed the common stance from the powers that be was "everyone on /list must participate". Fine and dandy: we down PHs at lightning speed.

Recently during the "Kunark Legacy Era" while on a /list I was told by #1 on the camp there were "special rules" for the /list. The camp belonged to #1 - I am not allowed to kill for exp or loot. They were unable to point me to where these rules were written on the P99 website. They mentioned "UN Discord" which I asked for an invite to see. Still no invite. They said the GMs showed up in zone the day before to say so. So I decide to reach out to the powers that be for clarification.

I'm not going to believe this random player from a guild of ill repute, known for breaking rules (even rules they have made for themselves.) For all I know he would say the rules are written on a rock I'd need to go stand on to view, and what sense is there in that?

I'll follow what the GMs say. But the problem with such an impactful ruling when it's merely /said in the presence of a few people is hard to pass that info along to the next guy with the same authority. Sitting in my little corner, clicking my little box, waiting for my turn on the rollercoaster is pretty much what legends and heroes are made of. Playing "telephone" is for children.

It's especially hard since the /list is transient and sooner or later there will be no people left on the /list who weren't there when the GM was speaking.

I was hoping for a place to read these rules. What I got was a new update from the powers that be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM
It's safe to assume #1 on list has been here the longest, it's their camp
It's a good assumption.

But what if #1 wasn't participating and I was the primary person killing the PH/named? What if #2 is FD AFK and not participating until they are #1? Then when they get #1 they want to claim the camp's loot/exp because they are #1? That's exactly the situation. I had camp, but I'm not #1 at list, just #1 DPS Character Serverwide (with video proof)

Still, rules are rules and if a Green-named lightning-sword wielding, oversized elf says so, that's what it is. As an aside, when we reach CatsOnMoon Era with "Grow" and lightning-swords (maybe?) - this might get me in trouble because only Green names will separate mortals from immortals. Red-Green colorblind people BEWARE! Is this why we won't go to the moon? Maybe we never did... If we do, we will overtake the powers that be... Keep an eye out for more on this from my other forum handle: ElfAnon.

So, to end this 啰嗦 extemporaneous thought... LIST: to participate or not to participate, that is the question. What would you do?
  1. Don't participate at all. It's #1's responsibility and their loot/exp.
  2. Participate enough to help, but make sure to pull your punches in case you accidentally over nuke and get the kill.
  3. AOC has a list. Lists are bad.
Old 11-13-2020, 03:59 PM
Aviak

Did you forget your meds today?
Old 11-13-2020, 04:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyth
Did you forget your meds today?
Zyth: Blah blah blah
Mannastone: No, such a generic troll. I expect better from RnF.

There's no meds for what I got, buddy.
Old 11-13-2020, 04:04 PM
Planar Protector

No bush/towers poll invalid
Old 11-13-2020, 04:04 PM
Planar Protector

Sorry you don't have scroll XP
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 11-13-2020, 04:11 PM
Planar Protector

Patience young grasshoppa You and I, but maybe just me, will be whistling our way to scrollzexpz in no time.

I'm still alright to smile. You?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripgonzo
Sorry, towers eliminated under Green New Steal ala AOC list. Therefore, tic last box. Last box always Bush towers relevant.
Old 11-13-2020, 04:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-13-2020, 04:18 PM
Sarnak

You got pwned.

File under drugs.
Old 11-13-2020, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You got pwned.

File under drugs.
Incorrect, I got updated. Never touched drugs in my life, not even marijuana. Take that, druggie.
Old 11-13-2020, 04:30 PM
Banned

pussy
Closed Thread