Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 10:23 PM
Fire Giant

Get your free handouts here
Old 09-16-2014, 11:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recycleb1n [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im still waiting for an argument as to how ports affect your game play experience. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Instant travel makes the world seem smaller. Requiring a porter for instant travel makes the player base interact with one-another, which is good.

but people in this thread are still poop sockers with asbergers, I agree.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogfather [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So are we all wrong and need to change, or do you need to find a server that better fits what you want from EQ?

Edit: oh and if you have access to levi, Timorous Deep is a great alternative to Boats imo.
good luck getting there without getting on a boat
Old 09-17-2014, 12:01 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kender [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
good luck getting there without getting on a boat
It was pretty clear what I meant.
Old 09-17-2014, 12:14 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recycleb1n [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do I remember ports between boat locations then. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks for providing a compelling argument with zero substance.
here I will help you with this and add some substance. First off if you joined Feb 2013 then you do NOT remember ports between boat locations on P99. If you joined WAY back when, when the server launched on P99 then you WOULD remember ports between boat locations. This was only because boats were sooooo broken on EQemu as a whole. Because of this the ports were only used as a work around until our development team was able to crack the code. After that came tears of joy.

I think any feature that took the hours put in, the man power, and combined community knowledge to recreate will not be removed from the server.

Just a piece of P99 History
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...ht=boats+fixed
Old 09-17-2014, 12:16 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceDSilva [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unfortunately that's the sentiment of the entire server. You can't have classic zones, with classic npcs, with all the classic farming, without all of the endless amount of throwing your life away, and spending way too much time on a video game.Of course 80% of them also have buddies to PL any and every new alt up to 60 in a couple days, but they'd rather keep the asylum full of antisocial sociopaths, rather than have any sort of middle ground. There's just so much skill and finesse that goes into killing 2,000,000 npcs instead of 750,000; if you don't believe that, talk to all the hybrids that DON'T want to see the penalties go away. It's hilarious to watch people defend that like it's some achievement.

There's a reason games don't have boat rides anymore, it was a fucking waste of time after the FIRST time you encountered them and MAYBE got that "Oooooohhh wowwww, look at that!" Literally every other time was, "Oh god oh god here comes the zone line, FUCKING ZONE FUCKING LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD, GOD DAMMIT I MISSED THE BOAT AND NOW IM FUCKING STUCK IN THE TIMOROUS DEEP". Anyone who wants to dispute that is clearly too high on elf nostalgia. Boats were, and always will be, worthless timesinks.

Grats guys, you spend all your time playing EQ. What a win.
This server is for people who find enjoyment in the struggle, as well as finding ways to mitigate it that not all players may have access to. I don't wait for boats because I play a druid, and he is bound in OOT. Boats keep the population suppressed in places like the Spiroc tower, Dino Island, or Seafuries, giving players a choice to go out of their way to kill monsters in a less congested environment than what would exist without boats.

I have no idea what you're talking about with your desperation to load; it sounds like a personal problem. There are thousands of games to choose from for people like you who don't appreciate dealing with the sorts of challenges that classic EQ presents. Go play those and stop whining. This server isn't for you, so stop acting so entitled.
Last edited by rgostic; 09-17-2014 at 12:26 AM.. Reason: grammar fixes
Old 09-17-2014, 01:25 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogfather [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was pretty clear what I meant.
of course you meant firepots. however you cant get to TD unless you take a boat
Old 09-17-2014, 02:19 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kender [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
of course you meant firepots. however you cant get to TD unless you take a boat
Where did I say that there was no boat travel involved?
Old 09-17-2014, 02:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
The server population isn't classic.

Thanks for your compelling argument.
all that matters is those newbs that just found p99 and are like, 'god i hope i can wait for a boat again, oh man i miss eq so much!'
Old 09-17-2014, 03:20 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
in terms of just sitting around doing nothing I could log easily 4~ hours.
Welcome to Everquest. May I take your order?
Originally -
Reiguy of Fennin Ro
Tyvix Rex of Sullon Zek.
Closed Thread