Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 05:28 AM
Skeleton

Default Question on longevity of the server

Hello everyone!

I just started here on blue p99 just a few days ago, made myself a iksar necromancer and I must say I'm so impressed with how beautiful this game has been brought back to life!
My question is, how long does this server really expect to be around for? I understand velious is "soon" and I hope it lasts for just as long if not longer than kunark has. (I know it's most likely boring for some of the veterans of this server) but my big fear is I'll put a ton of time here. Get max level on a few toons over the year(s) then poof, everything is gone see ya nice to know ya. I wouldn't be to concerned if it were some garbage mmo like wow or something where it takes a sitting or two to make max level it feels like. But when you pour time and dedication into this game and it gives it back it's not something I want to lose out on.
So I guess my ultimate question is, should I stick around for all this time? Again I know most of you all have poured more time into this than I will ever catch up to. But it is definitely a concern on my mind so I wanted to see what others thought.
Thanks for any feedback!
Old 01-01-2015, 02:58 PM
Fire Giant

Lets ask Terry Funk
Old 01-01-2015, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

The server has been up for 5 years. The creators of the server made it for their own enjoyment so as long as they are interested and involved the server will be here.
Old 01-01-2015, 03:32 PM
Planar Protector

A few of us were here when P1999 opened. Will probably still be here when it's closed. Maybe it'll last another 5 years, maybe 10, who knows? Enjoy it for what it is--your time is never wasted if you had fun along the way.

Danth
Old 01-01-2015, 04:49 PM
Sarnak

i think maybe if u think that time is going to be done for the server soon, u probably shouldnt worry because the server has years left to go when velious and then luclin and plains of power.
Old 01-01-2015, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

^ Wont see luclin/PoP or anything else past velious.
Old 01-01-2015, 09:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A few of us were here when P1999 opened. Will probably still be here when it's closed. Maybe it'll last another 5 years, maybe 10, who knows? Enjoy it for what it is--your time is never wasted if you had fun along the way.

Danth
Still waiting on that app Danth. Get it together.
Old 01-01-2015, 09:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somekid123 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^ Wont see luclin/PoP or anything else past velious.
I remember a video or post where they played around with the idea, however they said that this server would be separate (i.e. always living in Velious).

I think outside of this server existing in the Velious state, they were going to consider another server that added custom variations of PoP and other expanions done more "classic."
Old 01-01-2015, 10:23 PM
Skeleton

Good enough reasons for me everyone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] thanks for the vote of confidence, also im level 12 on my iksar necro and loving every second! if anyone gets bored on an alt or wants to chat hit me up, necro's name is Filthygoose
Old 01-01-2015, 10:25 PM
Skeleton

thanks for the vote of confidence everyone!
i can live with these answers and keep on rocking it out
Im level 12 on my Necromancer just a short while ago and its amazing!

Filthygoose is the name of my necro so if anyone gets bored and wants to come hang out please do, or if you wanna chat im open for that also.
Take care everyone, hope to see you in game
Closed Thread