Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 02:06 PM
Kobold

Default 46+ SK soulbinder?

Hey guys. I have seen and heard a lot of bad stigma around the Soulbinder shadow knight weapon and don't quite understand it. I know it's not the best dps in the game but the proc seems to be over looked and thrown to the wayside because of its dps.

So some of my background is iv been soloing for the most part and grouping when I want. My gear is good. Fungi, dragon sash, noc blade, art shield... I just dinged 46 on SK the other night and started playing around with my soulbinder. IV kept melee skills maxed and it seems to be decent dps. What I noticed more then anything was my average hp per kill was much much higher and I used less mana.

Of course this is good. So it made me think... Why the bad stigma with the Soulbinder and what should I be doing that's better? Seems a win for both group tanking and soloing so far. Is that it does not proc till 46 and most quit by then on a SK so they just see dmg delay?

Thanks
PS typed on phone
Old 01-22-2015, 03:46 PM
Sarnak

I'm not sure where you've encountered this stigma. It sells for ~600pp, which seems fair considering the better ratio and same proc (albeit not til 50) Zealot's Incarnadine Sword is 2.5k. The ratio is 0.67 to Noc blade's 0.69, so I doubt the stigma comes from dps alone. It costs roughly the same as the 0.75 ratio deathbringer's rod and a little more than the 0.69 ratio rod of lamentation that procs stun dd.

There are much better ratio 2h weapons out there, like GFG, epic, and the sky quest 2hs weapon, so these keep the price down as well.
Old 01-22-2015, 11:59 PM
Planar Protector

I would granite face grinder or ebon mace. Everyone under estimates the ebon and shield combo.
Old 01-23-2015, 05:45 PM
Aviak

Its a decent little toy if you are fear kiting. You can try and get it to proc if you are needing to heal a little. Other than that, it is subpar.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

The proc builds up overtime and is best at the end ticks of its duration. The problem is that it overwrites itself, leaving you with a very mediocre proc and poor dps output.
Closed Thread