Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 12:51 PM
Aviak

Default Chars are gone after new install

Hey there, I have a big problem. I had to reinstall all my stuff on my PC, including EQ, but I still have the EQEmulater file with my "charname.ini" in it. They are still there. But after logging in on the server theyre gone :-(

Any Ideas of what Im doin wrong?
Old 01-28-2015, 12:52 PM
Planar Protector

Logged onto the wrong server? Files on your computer dont matter. Characters are kept serverside. The ini file you kept is just the layout of your ui for that toon and your friends list and hotkeys and crap, not the actual toon.
Old 01-28-2015, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

Have you got the latest patch? (from the news/announcements forum)

Other than that you might have logged into blue server (wrong one) by mistake?
Old 01-28-2015, 12:54 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Logged onto the wrong server? Files on your computer dont matter. Characters are kept serverside. The ini file you kept is just the layout of your ui for that toon and your friends list and hotkeys and crap, not the actual toon.
well its the normal blue p99 server, not the red one, will check again now but Im pretty sure I logged into the right one....
Old 01-28-2015, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

Probably logged on to the wrong server. That or your client didn't sync right. Happens to me from time to time.
Old 01-28-2015, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raszul [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey there, I have a big problem. I had to reinstall all my stuff on my PC, including EQ, but I still have the EQEmulater file with my "charname.ini" in it. They are still there. But after logging in on the server theyre gone :-(

Any Ideas of what Im doin wrong?
The char.ini is just the settings file for your character. Your characters are stored server side only. If they are not there, you may need to install the latest patch, you may be logging into a different server, you may be logging into a different account or you (or someone with access to your account)may have deleted your characters. Outside that I cannot think of any reasons for this.
Old 01-28-2015, 01:00 PM
Aviak

ah now it shows 4 char slots with the message "spells file is outdated"..guess I have to update it with the files from p99...hmpf
Old 01-28-2015, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

There you go ^^
Old 01-28-2015, 01:14 PM
Aviak

hm, still something wrong. I downloaded the (V36) files from the "getting started" page here, first of all they are full of spyware, at least my Antivirus program says so. After isolating these spyware, I overwrited the files in the eq directory like always, and deleted the 5:
arena.eqg
arena_EnvironmentEmitters.txt
lavastorm.eqg
nektulos.eqg
Nektulos_EnvironmentEmitters.txt

after logging in on my account my char slots are still filled with the "outdated" sentence..
Old 01-28-2015, 01:50 PM
Kobold

Don't isolate the Spyware. Cause there is none... let's not make this any harder then download copy paste
Closed Thread