Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2023, 12:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlaanta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would love /melody for a Bard the pain i experience from my Carpal tunnel syndrome is unbearable to manually twist. The server being only 1 Box means /melody wouldn't be abused to box. This will enable a lot of the player base who loves Bards to be able to return to it. Without it, many would be forced to play a class they didn't intend to play as.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I disagree with all modern QOL features, but there's something to be said about scrollwheel, a camera that doesn't stutter on moving, spell loadout sets, autofire, buff timers, DoT damage, melody, etc - those are reasonable accommodations for a game in 2023.

They don't fundamentally change the gameplay, which is the most important part of EQ to replicate. .
Be careful what you wish for, friend. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-28-2023, 03:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviatta_01 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do people that post here actually try this Beta? This mouselook is ridiculous (at least to me coming form P99).
Yes, I just use first person a lot more than I would on P99.
Old 09-28-2023, 05:17 AM
Planar Protector

Idk why people unpersoning pets. They deserve xp for their contributions as much as, if not more than, the rogue with a tarnished spear at level 12.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 09-28-2023, 12:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Idk why people unpersoning pets. They deserve xp for their contributions as much as, if not more than, the rogue with a tarnished spear at level 12.
Wacky Event idea that will never happen #204:

I wonder if it's possible to do an event like "The Great Pet Rebellion"

For one random hour every three months all pets, charmed or summoned, will attack their masters. Four times a year pets get revenge on the abuse they continually take. Possibly with Project M style elements where people could log into a random pet.

A fleet-wide or server-wide revolt of Gibaner. Only the coolest pet owners survive.
Old 09-28-2023, 03:10 PM
Banned

A couple people have asked me for what the finalized rules are. The rules are currently on discord in mostly finalized form. I am fairly certain Secrets will post a final notice here upon server release. With server release so close to Oct 1st I suggest you only go with what Secrets says at this point and not anyone else. In the meantime here is the latest server announcement I could find:

>>
Secrets [Chainbreaker/ProjectQuarm]
OP
— 09/24/2023 3:36 PM
Welcome to Project Quarm (https://projectquarm.com/), a 1-Box EverQuest emulated server based on the TAKProject (https://www.takproject.net/) codebase!

Project Quarm is a 1-box, PoP-locked progression server.

Below are the highlights:

Time-Locked Progression Server -
9 Months of Classic, 9 Months of Kunark, 9 Months of Velious, 9 Months of Luclin, Planes of Power final expansion.

Planes of Power may contain custom mechanics post-PoP.

One-Box Policy, enforced by IP & manual CSR intervention.

Era restrictions apply to prevent out-of-era mechanics. This is done selectively.

MGBs at level 1, and other 'TAKP-like' features are enabled selectively. For example, Monk AC is in its 'pre-nerf' state.

Selective Clientside Quality of Life - Mouse Wheel Camera, Buff Timers, Auto-Stand on Cast. Additional QOL may be added in the future.

Optional Rulesets: Solo, Self Found, and Hardcore

We're launching October 1st, 2023 @ 3pm EST.

See you then!
>>
Old 09-28-2023, 06:18 PM
VIP / Contributor

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 09-28-2023, 08:14 PM
Planar Protector

Going to give it a try.

What class and race to start thou...

The obvious should be halfling cleric (hide, sneak, XP bonus and Reebo's Carrots quest; love running the two close to one another.)

Then there is Ogre Warrior - will be hard, due to size and will need help to get DE mask but the extra HP will be enjoyed by any group.

Then there is Druid - all races are good; with halfling again having a slight edge on others. (We need ports on the server.)

Then there is Wizard - Perhaps DE for those long sits using hide (For the planar visits)

Enchanter - gamer's choice on race but everyone love Clarity

Troll Shaman - Perhaps worshiping Innoruuk for later fun.

If the server population is low I may go for one of the reliable solo classes.
necro or bard

There is some real opportunity here to get a huge influx of permanent players if you hint at veteran AAs (if the players from start to finish end up sticking it out and playing until PoP.)
Old 09-28-2023, 08:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The obvious should be halfling cleric (hide, sneak, XP bonus and Reebo's Carrots quest; love running the two close to one another.)

No XP from Reebo's Carrots.

https://github.com/EQMacEmu/quests/b...o_Leafsway.lua
Old 09-28-2023, 08:27 PM
Planar Protector

No soup for you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 09-28-2023, 08:52 PM
Planar Protector

Hey I find this valuable info! Thanks I will need to look about for another easy exp quest.
Closed Thread