Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does the SK to NK bread quest still work?
Yes but nerfed to being worthless. Don't waste your time.
Old 07-11-2018, 06:02 PM
Skeleton

I just did the bread quest for the first time on my level 16 Barb Shaman. I hadn't read any of these posts so I did the turn in in NK. I only had eight sashes to turn in and the experience was terrible. I wasn't going to do the quest again, but I may try Feerot now that I've read this info. I assume that if druids can do the turn in there then my Shaman should be ok to do it.
Old 07-12-2018, 04:46 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfangle9 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just did the bread quest for the first time on my level 16 Barb Shaman. I hadn't read any of these posts so I did the turn in in NK. I only had eight sashes to turn in and the experience was terrible. I wasn't going to do the quest again, but I may try Feerot now that I've read this info. I assume that if druids can do the turn in there then my Shaman should be ok to do it.
You should be fine. The guards outside Ogguk are not the same faction as the innkeeper. So just stay clear of them. After about 100 or so turn-ins you'll be able to bank in the city.
Old 07-12-2018, 10:32 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfangle9 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can; the reason the bread quest is druid heavy is their ability to port nearby to the quest giver (easy NK->SK run) or to the Feerrott turnin NPC, and gate to the other.
Old 07-13-2018, 02:06 PM
Orc

I'm thinking of starting up again. Haven't played in a year or two.

I might start in Qeynos since I never have. Can an evil character do most of these xp quests like Fangs, Lightstones, etc? I was considering doing a Necro or Mage. Most people seem to think Necros are much more fun but I'm concerned about being locked out of quests.
Old 07-13-2018, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilance [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm thinking of starting up again. Haven't played in a year or two.

I might start in Qeynos since I never have. Can an evil character do most of these xp quests like Fangs, Lightstones, etc? I was considering doing a Necro or Mage. Most people seem to think Necros are much more fun but I'm concerned about being locked out of quests.
Lightstones are a gypsy quest, so I'm pretty sure anyone can do them. Gnoll fangs are a different story: you have to turn them in to the Warrior guild leader of either Halas or of Qeynos, and both stand in the relative middle of their cities, surrounded by mobs that will be KOS to you (EDIT: actually maybe not if you're starting in Qeynos; I might be thinking of evil characters that start elsewhere).

If you are KOS you might be able to use tricks like Hide or having someone cast Invisibility on you just before the turn-in, but I think you'll probably want to do some other quests (or kill some mobs that give faction) first.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 07-13-2018 at 02:35 PM..
Old 07-13-2018, 02:46 PM
Orc

Thanks guys. I was planning on mostly soloing and Necro seems like it'd probably be more fun than Mage but idk. It's always hard as f to make a decision on what to play.

A part of me is tempted to do a Barbarian but I did level a Shaman to 48 already on Red Server in the past. I think I'll play Blue this time but idk if I'd do Shaman again.

Untwinked Warriors/Rogues are pretty awful at soloing I imagine, so Barb is probably out I guess if that's what I wanna do.

I don't want to twink or take handouts either since it's more fun to gear up myself.

Only thing I guess I am decided on is starting in the Qeynos/Halas/Erudin areas since I've done the Butcherblock leveling scenario a lot so I'd like to try something new. And the Western zones are I imagine less populated so probably a good choice if I'm mostly soloing?
Old 07-13-2018, 03:37 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're considering Necro, take a look at going Iksar.

As a Necro, you will use your Lich buffs 99% of the time. Iksar health regen really helps mitigate some of the health drain the buff causes.

Don't worry about being KOS, since Necros get invis and FD.

You can easily gain access to Freeport necro guild with 4 bone chips and banking is easy with FD.
I have thought about it but I wanna level near Qeynos and also everyone goes Iksar so the stubborn part of me wants to do something unusual like a Human Necro.

I probably won't ever raid either. I dunno. I'll worry about that part if I ever get to 60.

Actually, can a Human Necro even start in Qeynos? I hadn't considered that part, lol. I can't remember if they have a guild over there or not. If not, I guess I'd have to go Erudite.
Old 07-13-2018, 04:03 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They can.

I believe Humans that worship Bertox start there.
That's cool. That's niche enough that I almost feel like I have to do it. It'd be something different at least.
Closed Thread