Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 03:05 PM
Orc

Default Gear questions

So currently I'm using Crystal Chitin Gauntlets and a Spider Fur Belt. My weapon is GFG. I'll attach my Magelo.
https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Bogrut

But my question is whether I should switch out either my belt or hand slot into either Silver Chitin hand Wraps or an FBSS. Would it be beneficial or not really worth it?

I'm currently saving up for a JBB, only about 3k off from that, but buying a haste item will probably set me back about 1-2k, after I resell the other item it replaced.

Thank you for the help
Old 06-21-2018, 03:54 PM
Banned

Get the haste item now and sell it when you’re leveled enough to jbb.
Old 06-21-2018, 08:00 PM
Banned

Yep tepp is right.

This goes for all your upgrades. Haste items in particular hold their value very well. Often you can make a small upgrade with. Your current. Liquid Plat and then recup cost down the road.
Old 06-21-2018, 08:07 PM
Orc

Awesome, thanks guys... now just to decide whether I want schw or fbss... probably schw.
Old 06-21-2018, 08:30 PM
Planar Protector

Use your 40s characters to make zone in groups in velks. There is a good chance you can get some cheap SCHW that are rotting on a corpse (well farmed mob with a few loots but gloves are lore so sometimes rot).
Old 06-22-2018, 01:22 PM
Orc

Yeah, went ahead and got myself a pair of SCHW. Figured I'd make up the money killing guards in HHK while I leveled anyway.
I'll definitely have enough for a jbb by the time I hit 45. Really enjoying this shaman so far! Seems like he just gets more powerful as the levels come, more so than the other chars.
Old 06-25-2018, 10:49 AM
Planar Protector

I never had a JBB 45-59 and the only thing I think I missed on was boring/lonely solo leveling at a marginally better rate than grabbing any random lfg melee to duo with. 50+ the best xp is duo/trio/group. In a group there are a lot more productive things you can than click JBB.

Save for spells and/or a Ikky bp or Fungi. Play the shaman as the intended support class (and healer) it is meant to be. Infinitely more fun imo.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 06-25-2018, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never had a JBB 45-59 and the only thing I think I missed on was boring/lonely solo leveling at a marginally better rate than grabbing any random lfg melee to duo with. 50+ the best xp is duo/trio/group. In a group there are a lot more productive things you can than click JBB.

Save for spells and/or a Ikky bp or Fungi. Play the shaman as the intended support class (and healer) it is meant to be. Infinitely more fun imo.
Wrong. Do 45 to 55 by spamming 1 button like its Diablo 2 then spend 5 months farming green hill Giants, buy epic, spam your new 1 button for a few months to hit 60, go farm hill Giants for 8 months to fund torpor, attempt 1 pillar dragon, wipe and rage quit because you were falsely promised god mode.
Old 06-26-2018, 01:51 AM
Planar Protector

I recently met a shaman who sat at 100% health, never cast canni, sent in pet and JBB’d in groups and would then need lots of med breaks ... in a group. I had a chat in private and was given the explanation “I don’t like to cast canni”.

In defense of this unnamed player, they’ve since changed their ways and will now actually do shamanly things while grouping.

Excluding epic rotting 3-5 mobs at a time, Shamans are mediocre at soloing for xp. 20-59 (again, excluding epic) xp will always be better snagging at least a melee partner and playing your shaman like a shaman (vs a watered down half-powered mage).

Even at 60 they don’t kill particularly fast, but dat slow/torpor/canni thing makes them a slow steady juggernaut that can tackle tough content on their own.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 06-26-2018 at 01:56 AM..
Old 06-26-2018, 05:47 AM
Planar Protector

Oh yea, its a testament to the power of the shaman class that so many players are able to get to such high levels with such... peculiar … strategies.

I remember one who refused to give the tank a regen, because he needed to save his mana to heal his canni.

i.e. he was turning 67 hp into ~30 mana 8 times over so he could then turn that 250 mana into 583 hp … this gave a net gain of 583-(8*67)=583-536=47 hp over a period of around 25 seconds, not quite enough to get a free canni2 for an extra 30 mana.

He was doing this instead of sitting and complaining about being constantly oom despite canniing.
Closed Thread