Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2018, 09:29 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyder43 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now, I'm excited to try this!

I was also thinking that if one of the NPCs is not rooted, I could break charm on Cazel at low HP and immediately charm the unrooted NPC, using her for extra damage while I get dementia off.

Baylan, you must equip the necklace to cast =(
The alternative to soloing, if you want to avoid the hassle and potential use of clickies, is to just find pretty much any other 50+ enchanter on the server to help you. I’d be happy to help sometime if I’m available. Baylan in game.
Old 05-31-2018, 10:07 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’d be happy to help sometime if I’m available. Baylan in game.
Thanks for the offer, Baylan! I might take you up on it, but I'd like to give it a couple tries solo first. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-14-2018, 12:38 AM
Fire Giant

Will he outregen a full suite of necro dots and spectre pet?
Old 06-14-2018, 01:11 AM
Banned

,,, is c"azel " sand giant code speak for" carl"

This sheds a n unsavory light on Carl's Jr savory beef
Old 06-14-2018, 02:20 AM
Fire Giant

had a necro friend solo while i made burgers
Old 06-21-2018, 08:53 PM
Kobold

I agree with Triiz. Reverse charming. I had Gadillion and Inkeep Tizzy hasted with Wonderous Rapidity and duel wielding Deadwood Staffs and Fettered right next to each other. Charmed Cazel and they got him down to 1-3 % pretty easily. But every time I broke charm and tried to nuke down the last couple percent, I just couldn't keep up with his regen. I got him down to 1% a few times but couldn't finish him. Lhig came over from EC tunnel and we charmed Gad and Tizzy and just beat him down.
Old 06-22-2018, 11:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree with Triiz. Reverse charming. I had Gadillion and Inkeep Tizzy hasted with Wonderous Rapidity and duel wielding Deadwood Staffs and Fettered right next to each other. Charmed Cazel and they got him down to 1-3 % pretty easily. But every time I broke charm and tried to nuke down the last couple percent, I just couldn't keep up with his regen. I got him down to 1% a few times but couldn't finish him. Lhig came over from EC tunnel and we charmed Gad and Tizzy and just beat him down.
Once you break charm on cazel, charm one of the innkeeps and let them finish.
Old 06-22-2018, 12:30 PM
Kobold

Didn't try that....maybe with one of them helping I coulda nuked him the last 1%
Old 06-23-2018, 11:16 AM
Kobold

I made 5 solo attempts on Cazel resulting in 1 death, 2 zone outs, and 2 where Cazel died before I broke charm. What I learned from all this is you need a bit of preparation and a bit of luck to kill Cazel. Although I have not successfully killed him yet, I think it could be done.

First, you have to reverse charm with both merchants rooted, tashed, and hasted. Second, even with both merchants rooted almost on top of each other, they will push Cazel out of the melee range of one of the two, so you will have to constantly bring Cazel back into melee range by standing behind the merchants and spamming “back.” This also results in the merchants taking far less damage. Third, don’t worry about slowing Cazel. I would slow him at first, but it always wore off and the merchants never got close to dying. And for the most important part...

You must break charm around 1-2%, target Cazel, and start casting Dementia BEFORE he regenerates his first tick. He will regen one time since Demetria is a 6s cast, but if he is at 1-2% when you start casting you will still be able to finish him off. If he regens before you start casting, you will need to recharm and get him back down to 1-2%. This part involves luck, because most times Cazel is that low he will regen within 1-2s of a charm break, so you need to be fast, too. I made a macro to speed up the targeting and casting on Cazel:

/tar Cazel
/pause 4
/cast 1

Where dementia is in my first slot.

After I had Cazel die twice before charm breaks I decided to take a break from soloing him since it can take hours for him to spawn again. But with this method I’m sure it can be done with some persistence.

In terms of breaking charm on Cazel, then charming one of the merchants there are a few problems with that. First, Cazel will be fleeing and the merchants will be rooted, so the merchant will be outside the melee range of Cazel. Second, if you are able to root Cazel next to the merchants, he is going to start summoning you, even at low HP. Third, since you’ll have agro from the other merchant, it’s gonna be hasted and beating on your new pet, possibly taking agro away from Cazel. Finally, all this assumes you have a necklace of the whispering winds, wand of allure, or puppet strings to charm the merchant instantly. Even Boltran’s 4s cast time is too slow to charm the merchant before Cazel regenerates once, when you have to target your new pet, click cast, then send it at Cazel (all of which will amount to 6s or more).

With that, I wish you luck! Let us know how it goes.
Old 06-23-2018, 12:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I made 5 solo attempts on Cazel resulting in 1 death, 2 zone outs, and 2 where Cazel died before I broke charm. What I learned from all this is you need a bit of preparation and a bit of luck to kill Cazel. Although I have not successfully killed him yet, I think it could be done.

First, you have to reverse charm with both merchants rooted, tashed, and hasted. Second, even with both merchants rooted almost on top of each other, they will push Cazel out of the melee range of one of the two, so you will have to constantly bring Cazel back into melee range by standing behind the merchants and spamming “back.” This also results in the merchants taking far less damage. Third, don’t worry about slowing Cazel. I would slow him at first, but it always wore off and the merchants never got close to dying. And for the most important part...

You must break charm around 1-2%, target Cazel, and start casting Dementia BEFORE he regenerates his first tick. He will regen one time since Demetria is a 6s cast, but if he is at 1-2% when you start casting you will still be able to finish him off. If he regens before you start casting, you will need to recharm and get him back down to 1-2%. This part involves luck, because most times Cazel is that low he will regen within 1-2s of a charm break, so you need to be fast, too. I made a macro to speed up the targeting and casting on Cazel:

/tar Cazel
/pause 4
/cast 1

Where dementia is in my first slot.

After I had Cazel die twice before charm breaks I decided to take a break from soloing him since it can take hours for him to spawn again. But with this method I’m sure it can be done with some persistence.

In terms of breaking charm on Cazel, then charming one of the merchants there are a few problems with that. First, Cazel will be fleeing and the merchants will be rooted, so the merchant will be outside the melee range of Cazel. Second, if you are able to root Cazel next to the merchants, he is going to start summoning you, even at low HP. Third, since you’ll have agro from the other merchant, it’s gonna be hasted and beating on your new pet, possibly taking agro away from Cazel. Finally, all this assumes you have a necklace of the whispering winds, wand of allure, or puppet strings to charm the merchant instantly. Even Boltran’s 4s cast time is too slow to charm the merchant before Cazel regenerates once, when you have to target your new pet, click cast, then send it at Cazel (all of which will amount to 6s or more).

With that, I wish you luck! Let us know how it goes.
Have you considered dotting him to offset the regen first? Does that even work with his regen?
Closed Thread