Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2018, 11:49 PM
Planar Protector

Smoke weed everyday.
Old 06-23-2018, 11:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahldagor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Smoke weed everyday.
I quit again. After the only smoking at night thing turned into the only smoking at 4:20 pm...only smoking after noon -- what a few tokes in the morning anyway?
Old 06-24-2018, 12:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I might have mild Aspergers... Or I'm just a weirdo because my mom was crazy overprotective and pulled me out of school rather than try to get me to do my homework. See, she was a single mother social worker from a poor background. She didn't have the habits, energy, or ideology to sit down with me and make sure I'm doing my homework. Or punish me if I didn't etc.

Instead, she insisted I had a learning disability. None of the teachers in any of the schools I went to agreed with her. We would have these big meetings where all my teachers, the principal, and some psychologist that tested me would argue with her for hours. I had sit and watch it all.

When the subject came up at home she would launch into long rants about how fucked up the system was and I couldn't possibly be successful because of what they were doing. I would listen to her repeat the story over and over to her various friends when she got home from work. It didn't seem to occur to her she could have just spent the time forcing me to do my homework -- but it wasn't about me.

So by 14 I wasn't in school -- the constant moving made it hard for the truancy board to track me. I played games all day. The only reason I developed any discipline is because I wanted to get good at video games. My mom couldn't protect me from losing in Warcraft III. As ridicules as it sounds -- it got me through college despite no history of high school.

So maybe I was just a little bit socially off for those reasons -- and not because I'm on the spectrum...you guys decide.
You made a pretty sane post here. I agree with a good mentor you could have developed that discipline earlier. You're definitely not aspegers enough to indicate some kind of psychyiatric medicine. And it sucks you went through that as a kid.

I think doctors are terrible at diagnosing trans ppl and it's awful to think they'd indicate transition to someone who isn't trans, but a very sensitive kid whose just confused because all the male roll models are assholes.

It's an important discussion to have.

I didn't get the treatment I needed because ... Like you I was just the kid in the room while the adults stomped around yelling and blaming everything on me or the system and fighting over who was right. I think it was obvious that I had problems, but no one wanted to ask why I'd just cry and sit in the corner with my stuffed animal. It would have been incredibly tooo easy to just say AUTISM! shut in! Throw me into institutions and psych med me.

It's clear it didn't work. People couldn't think outside of what I should have stereotypically should have been or behaved like. We still can't really diagnose GD easily. My case wasn't obvious because I lived in a horrifically abusive environment where any deviation from the manic whims of my father ment the police and screaming and guns and violence (mostly against my mom).

So who knows? Anyway I made it through thanks to some good mentors and a hospital where I felt safe for the first time ever. Once I got out of there, I was able to at least emotionally cope and get through graduation and into the military out of that mess. It was the only way out presented to me, and my Gender Dysphoria, I'd rather call it body dyspmorphia took a backburner towards survival. Once I started to survive independently, I was faced with all those things I never was able to reconcile or talk about. Like literally praying to god to give me a female body as a kid. That's not normal behavior. It's not deviant either. But by then I should have been free to explore why I was feeling that way. Even had a compassionate adult to talk to. I didn't though.

Thanks to... Guess what. Homophobia and more specifically transphobia.

Yeah I'm a jerk to rub it in people's faces a bit maybe. But hey, I was outed. We all were outed. Now it's a public health issue.

And like I said, it needs to be discussed.
Old 06-24-2018, 09:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
To feel almost anything other than numbness and emptiness: Many of those with BPD say that they have a constant feeling of “unrealness.” They say they feel out of it and/or dissociate. Pain feels “real” and allows them to connect to the world for a while.
Hehehe.
Old 06-24-2018, 12:19 PM
Banned

you know the establishment has won when the acting populous president does what the leading populous candidate on the other side of the partisan line wanted to do but the media has still convinced you to rebel and attack them.
Old 06-24-2018, 01:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you know the establishment has won when the acting populous president does what the leading populous candidate on the other side of the partisan line wanted to do but the media has still convinced you to rebel and attack them.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-24-2018, 01:16 PM
Banned

Sorry Trump didn't win the popular vote and has no mandate.

Sorry you should've voted for the very respectable Bernie Sanders (I didn't) instead of Cadet Bonespurs.

Also, Trumps inaugural crowd was tiny and full of Russians, lol.

~above post lovingly hand crafted by me for your personal enjoyment!
Last edited by Irulan; 06-24-2018 at 01:21 PM..
Old 06-24-2018, 01:31 PM
Banned

I want a surprisingly well adjusted 1996 Marilyn Manson to run. For the children.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antichrist_Superstar
Old 06-24-2018, 01:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
JEDDAH, Saudi Arabia (Reuters) - Amid the celebratory end of Saudi Arabia's ban on women driving on Sunday, some men expressed quiet disapproval of a change they fear will undermine the kingdom's deeply conservative Muslim identity.

"In Islam, we don't have this. During our fathers' and grandfathers' time, there was none of this women driving," said Wadih al-Marzouki, a retired government worker in the Red Sea port city of Jeddah.

He said he had advised his three son-in-laws not to let their wives drive. "It is going to be very, very difficult. God help us the first month."

The world's last such ban had been justified on a variety of religious and cultural grounds such as the proposition that women driving would promote promiscuity and sin.

One cleric claimed women were not smart enough to drive, while another warned that those who drive risk damaging their ovaries and bearing children with clinical problems.
Old 06-24-2018, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

Women and Asians actually shouldn’t be allowed to drive so they aren’t entirely wrong