Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2020, 03:20 PM
Planar Protector

Question Sol Ro and Plane of Hate Dates -- Real Dates?

Wiki says Sol Ro = May and PoHate = June -- but that doesn't follow EQ Live order.
http://wiki.project1999.com/EverQuest_Timeline

September 13, 1999 -- EQ Live Patch
http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/19990913.html
Quote:
Alter Plane: Hate and Alter Plane: Sky have been changed into higher level spells.
October 13, 1999 -- EQ Live Patch
http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/19991013.html
Quote:
A new zone, The Temple of Solusek Ro, is now available via the optional patch.
Looks like PoHate was in before Temple of Sol Ro. Can confirm on Allakhazam historical patch notes as well https://everquest.allakhazam.com/his...ches-1999.html

Can we get an official response from Devs?
Last edited by Castle2.0; 03-24-2020 at 03:22 PM..
Old 03-24-2020, 05:49 PM
Sarnak

Hmm... I think wiki is correct. That first link only talks about the spells. Hate was after Halloween that year as the Halloween event unlocked Hate.

Quote:
November 3, 1999 Plane of Hate opens
(NOTE: From here: http://web.archive.org/web/200102100...et/patches.htm)

Listed below are the enhancements introduced in this patch.

*Zone Enhancements*
Following the Halloween event which took place on Sunday night, the Plane of Hate was officially opened with new unique armor, weapons, and items. Please note, to enter the Plane of Hate, you must be at least 46th level or greater.
Sol Ro was October which is how it is on the Wiki

Quote:
October 13, 1999

(NOTE: From here: http://web.archive.org/web/200102100...et/patches.htm)

We are excited to announce the implementation of the new "Optional" patch system. This new system will allow players to download new optional files such as zones, music, character animations, etc. After the EverQuest executable is run (everquest.exe), and once the download is complete, you will receive an option to patch the "optional" files. If "Yes" is selected, the optional files will begin downloading, if "No" is selected, you will bypass the optional files and continue. Please note that this optional patch requestor will appear every time everquest.exe is run.

In addition to the optional patch program, the following changes and enhancements have been made:

Optional Patch
That said, Nilbog's patch release timeline does not follow the classic timeline. Hate and Sol Ro seem to be transposed. Should be the other way around with Hate in June and Temple in May.

The wiki timeline is trying to be true to the classic patch notes as possible. As we have official launches on Green the wiki will be updated. P99 staff may choose to deviate from whatever evidence we might have regarding change dates. Some of our evidence is very strong, some not so much,.
Last edited by Meiva; 03-24-2020 at 05:59 PM..
Old 03-24-2020, 06:33 PM
Sarnak

I feel that Nilbog timeline should be taken with an enormous dash of salt considering how Fear rolled out.
Old 03-25-2020, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

I just saw on October 20, 1999

Quote:
High Risk Areas and Corpse Retrievals
This is a reminder that the following zones/encounter types are high risk and may result in irretrievable corpses: The Plane of Fear, Dragon Encounters (Vox/Nagafen), and the forthcoming zones, the Plane of Hate and the Plane of Sky.

Should members of your party fall in battle it may be extremely difficult, if not impossible, to recover their corpses (for example, they might be at the feet of a big red dragon). GMs and Guides can only help with Corpse Retrievals if there is a bug involved, and while this is true for all areas in the game, because of the extreme danger of the Planes and Dragon Encounters, we felt it important to remind our players of these issues.
Wow, I was wrong. Sol Ro is 100% April and PoHate 100% May, if they follow the classic order.

Can we get a Dev comment on this?
Old 03-25-2020, 01:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Wow, I was wrong. Sol Ro is 100% April and PoHate 100% May, if they follow the classic order.

How do you get April and May when all patch notes show May and June man? Check your dates because you making my head spin. October 99 for Sol Ro = May 2020.

Devs really don't have to answer if they choose to launch at different dates. Maybe it is a lot of work to change it now. It took me a minute, but I've made peace with whatever. I hope they adjust to as classic as possible, or get things prepared for the next round of servers. Many things didn't make it in for Green, or were discovered after the fact. A glaring one for me is JC skill capping at 250 when it should be 200.... Far fewer of us would have diamond, jacinth and black sapphire jewelry. I can only guess what the success rate would be with 200 jc... 5-10% success? Platinum Fire Wedding Rings at like 15-20% bahahaha. That would be so classically great.
Last edited by Meiva; 03-25-2020 at 02:09 PM..
Old 03-25-2020, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

The REAL answer is Soon™
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If they are following the same timeline as they have been doing on Green. It's 100% May 1st for Sol Ro.

October 13, 1999
Last edited by zaneosak; 03-25-2020 at 09:10 PM..
Old 03-26-2020, 10:14 AM
Planar Protector

If Sol Ro is May 2020, then PoHate is June 2020 or later.

I didn't count months. I simply looked at what was the original order in classic.

The original order was Sol Ro --> PoHate.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:42 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
If Sol Ro is May 2020, then PoHate is June 2020 or later.

I didn't count months. I simply looked at what was the original order in classic.

The original order was Sol Ro --> PoHate.
From what I understand --- Anything in X Month would fall on the First Friday of the Month that we release that era for P99..

Example: February 2020 = July 1999. Anythign in July came out that First Friday in February. Rogean stated they wanted to do once a month instead of trickling out to every single date.

So anything in October 1999 should land May 1st, including Sol Ro.
Old 03-26-2020, 08:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From what I understand --- Anything in X Month would fall on the First Friday of the Month that we release that era for P99..

Example: February 2020 = July 1999. Anythign in July came out that First Friday in February. Rogean stated they wanted to do once a month instead of trickling out to every single date.

So anything in October 1999 should land May 1st, including Sol Ro.
Everthing in Nilbog's release timeline follows just as you described EXCEPT for Sol Ro and Hate. It seems there was an error and the two releases were mixed up. Maybe in September when the release order was posted we were missing solid patch note evidence for something. I'm not sure. I think it's simply a mistake, but it is what it is and now we are in limbo until a dev says something or May 1st patch hits. We are either going to be in the Temple questing, or in west commonlands for a Hate corpse run because people wont stay levitating and can't control their pets.
Last edited by Meiva; 03-26-2020 at 08:19 PM..
Closed Thread