Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: Reopen Teal?
Yes 662 72.27%
No 254 27.73%
Voters: 916. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2020, 07:21 PM
Orc

Now that all pros have filled their socks and got their legacy items, they're all about recalling "healthy 2000 pop classic" servers and how it's not fun if everyone has a shot at the pixels they've already collected

Or something about "broken economy on blue" that somehow doesn't exist now if there's ever a merge at the end of progression on green.

I really think, though, that they're just mad after 10 years they saved 10 million plat and got their item and worried it'll get slightly devalued four years from now.

Or realize if more people have their broken gear then everyone might realize gear can bring you 90% of the way to "great player" status, and they'd lose a bit of their own "legendary <class>" status.

People like to play games. Doesn't have to be super easy, but it does need to be more than wheel-spinning LFG. There's no inalienable right to remain ahead of the curve on gear, then lock it down with gatekeeping campaigns.

Lot of those young bucks would wreck you if given an opportunity to get the stuff you got, and ya know it.
Old 04-06-2020, 07:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohedron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do not like instancing, unlike apparently most people on Green, therefore I do not want Teal to return.
They often opened new servers back in the day.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 04-06-2020, 07:47 PM
Planar Protector

Can we please get a full ban for everyone who wants a third non pvp server cuz too many people to enjoy the company of?

I'm getting physically ill and all my characters are saying "out of food and drink" despite having tons of milk and bread.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-06-2020, 07:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can we please get a full ban for everyone who wants a third non pvp server cuz too many people to enjoy the company of?
He's right. Socially distance yourselves over to red, no camp issues that seems to be the real issue here.
Old 04-07-2020, 07:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That about sums it up for me. The computer gaming market today seems to cater to people who like very different things than I like.
Someone else must've really liked the way computer games were back when because someone like me had no say in it. I grew into those tastes. EQ had nothing to do with anything I knew beforehand.

put Fortnite dance emotes in front of me and expect a smile?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-07-2020, 08:20 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They often opened new servers back in the day.
Not because of 1200 pop, but ok?
Old 04-07-2020, 08:32 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohedron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not because of 1200 pop, but ok?
They opened new servers when the available ones became overcrowded. Twenty years of experience and knowledge means the server is very top heavy and 1400 - 1500 is overcrowded when it comes to Green.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 04-07-2020, 12:52 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now that all pros have filled their socks and got their legacy items, they're all about recalling "healthy 2000 pop classic" servers and how it's not fun if everyone has a shot at the pixels they've already collected

Or something about "broken economy on blue" that somehow doesn't exist now if there's ever a merge at the end of progression on green.

I really think, though, that they're just mad after 10 years they saved 10 million plat and got their item and worried it'll get slightly devalued four years from now.

Or realize if more people have their broken gear then everyone might realize gear can bring you 90% of the way to "great player" status, and they'd lose a bit of their own "legendary <class>" status.

People like to play games. Doesn't have to be super easy, but it does need to be more than wheel-spinning LFG. There's no inalienable right to remain ahead of the curve on gear, then lock it down with gatekeeping campaigns.

Lot of those young bucks would wreck you if given an opportunity to get the stuff you got, and ya know it.
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about or who you're talking about. You should get into creative writing, what with the complete dream world you've managed to concoct out of thin air. You keep having your fun on the forums standing up those straw men and knocking them down, though.

I only started on Green about two weeks ago, after having taken a long hiatus from P99. Even on Blue I don't have a character higher than level 40. I have fuck all and nothing, and the screenies to prove it. I've never been a power player, or a socker, and never will be. I'm a filthy casual and always have been. If anyone should want a Teal server, it should be me. But I don't want it because I know it's not necessary and I don't give a flying shit what items I have access to. I don't play the game to excel or feel rad about myself. I play it to have fun, and honestly, having more people active in the world is more fun. I like that there are so many groups and camp, and I like having to go camp alternative stuff. It's fun, and is exactly how EQ was on live. I can't tell you how many times on live I had to go camp gnolls or aviaks in Lake Rathetear or some other obscure, "lame" camp because all the popular stuff was impossible to get into. This is the most "classic" P99 has been since I found it, because of the pop and because everyone had to start over. The only way we could make it more classic would be to erase everyone's memories of all game knowledge, but obviously that's impossible.
Last edited by Gamkek; 04-07-2020 at 12:58 PM..
Old 04-07-2020, 03:24 PM
Banned

consider blue
Old 04-07-2020, 05:55 PM
Sarnak

Teal open yet?

What's the wait?
Closed Thread