Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2019, 01:01 PM
Sarnak

Default Bards - Read before you play one

Ok.. kiting more than 4 mobs can be unfair to other classes, especially when people are fighting over spawns in the open world. I understood that change and went with it.

40% xp penalty. We all hated this in Classic, Sony fixed it. But hey. It's Classic. I can still level at normal speed if I can constantly kite 4 mobs with 0 down time.

No single target DoTs. Ok. Guess I can't safely kite tougher mobs. Time to be creative.

Now I find out that I cannot charm mobs above level 37? WTF. This is literally all you can do in dungeons as a bard, other than pump mana into a group.

Now go ahead and respond with "It'S CLasSiC" my rant is over.
Old 12-12-2019, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now I find out that I cannot charm mobs above level 37? WTF. This is literally all you can do in dungeons as a bard, other than pump mana into a group.
Sounds like you're one of the bad bards.
Old 12-12-2019, 01:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is literally all you can do in dungeons as a bard, other than pump mana into a group.
I don't really know how to really state this but you're not even wrong.

And by that, I don't mean "you're right" - I mean that your statement is so far from the merest glimpse of truth on the horizon that wrong would be an upgrade.

Why don't you go look at the song list on the wiki and think about what you've said.
Old 12-12-2019, 01:14 PM
Skeleton

Is Solon's Bewitching Bravura not in-game yet? It's supposed to be classic. (I see on the wiki that it has a different name on the vendor, but I'm at work so I can't check in-game to see if it's available.)
Old 12-12-2019, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

Many bard songs are added in May 1999. The rest are gradually drip-fed all the way into late Kunark.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...2&postcount=23

Charm is one of the Kunark-era songs.
Last edited by Dolalin; 12-12-2019 at 01:18 PM..
Old 12-12-2019, 01:34 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Many bard songs are added in May 1999. The rest are gradually drip-fed all the way into late Kunark.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...2&postcount=23

Charm is one of the Kunark-era songs.
Thanks!
Old 12-12-2019, 01:44 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Dolalin strikes again.
Old 12-12-2019, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benanov [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't really know how to really state this but you're not even wrong.

And by that, I don't mean "you're right" - I mean that your statement is so far from the merest glimpse of truth on the horizon that wrong would be an upgrade.

Why don't you go look at the song list on the wiki and think about what you've said.
Right? Most versatile class in the game and this guy thinks all he can do is charm and mana song.
Old 12-12-2019, 01:54 PM
Fire Giant

Keep it Klassic
Old 12-12-2019, 02:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like you're one of the bad bards.
Unless your group is melee intensive, your job is to tick that mana up every 3 seconds. You can CC, but an enchanter can do it better.

You can give haste, but will that help your tank as much as giving your 4 casters another burst of mana?

You could cast an AoE DoT.. but haha.

While there are other options for bards, until level 55, most of your job will be spamming mana dump every 3 seconds. The only thing that has ever been fun to do in this game is to challenge myself by trying to solo King Tranix or duoing with a friend against camps that full groups have trouble with.
Closed Thread