Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2020, 02:17 AM
Kobold

Default New Server - We're ready

My bros and I are ready for the new server. I've even got new players who have never played everquest on board and waiting for the orders.
Old 03-13-2020, 07:00 AM
Fire Giant

CAN CONFIRM
Old 03-13-2020, 10:23 AM
Banned

Can confirm most don’t want to be policed by blue rules on a red server
Old 03-13-2020, 10:32 AM
Sarnak

PvP. Should be what a Man can do,
And what a man can’t do or Gal . Besides the boxing of course !
Old 03-13-2020, 02:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can confirm most don’t want to be policed by blue rules on a red server
This is what I don't like about a red99 server. I don't like people getting banned for training. It should be like a sandbox. Anything you can pull off in game should be legal. As long as the population is healthy enough, which it should be for a while if a new server opened, the server can police itself. You only have to put up with shit heads when the server population is so low you can't afford to shun people.

If you don't like how something plays out in the game try to hard code a fix first and don't make the solution a /petition war to get everyone banned.
Old 03-13-2020, 02:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raclen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is what I don't like about a red99 server. I don't like people getting banned for training. It should be like a sandbox. Anything you can pull off in game should be legal. As long as the population is healthy enough, which it should be for a while if a new server opened, the server can police itself. You only have to put up with shit heads when the server population is so low you can't afford to shun people.

If you don't like how something plays out in the game try to hard code a fix first and don't make the solution a /petition war to get everyone banned.
Short sighted thinking. Catering to the same 50 neckbeards who will play either way leads to tumbleweed town population levels. Needs to be casual friendly if you want to fight over dragons and allowing training is mistake number 1.

You and I are mentally ill enough to play a 50 pop red server with little-to-no CSR support and training (Be it red99 or a 150 pop RoZ with 3 boxing) but most people aren't. I'd rather play on a box with a decent population.

Look at RoZ atm, its literally 7-12+ hours of people training each other over nagafen, I may be autistic enough to play Everquest in 2020 but I got kids and a job and a limited tolerance for elf bullshit of that magnitude, just like the VAST majority of potential players for a new server.
Last edited by Danger; 03-13-2020 at 02:52 PM..
Old 03-13-2020, 03:49 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah training allowed is a big no-no. There is no lifers that will do that shit until 4-5am in the morning, I know this for a fact cause I stayed up until about 2am one night helping, trying to prevent my guild from getting trained lol

Nobody has time for that lol
Old 03-13-2020, 03:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Short sighted thinking. Catering to the same 50 neckbeards who will play either way leads to tumbleweed town population levels. Needs to be casual friendly if you want to fight over dragons and allowing training is mistake number 1.

You and I are mentally ill enough to play a 50 pop red server with little-to-no CSR support and training (Be it red99 or a 150 pop RoZ with 3 boxing) but most people aren't. I'd rather play on a box with a decent population.

Look at RoZ atm, its literally 7-12+ hours of people training each other over nagafen, I may be autistic enough to play Everquest in 2020 but I got kids and a job and a limited tolerance for elf bullshit of that magnitude, just like the VAST majority of potential players for a new server.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah training allowed is a big no-no. There is no lifers that will do that shit until 4-5am in the morning, I know this for a fact cause I stayed up until about 2am one night helping, trying to prevent my guild from getting trained lol

Nobody has time for that lol
*nods sagely gif*
Old 03-13-2020, 05:22 PM
Planar Protector

o.O
Old 03-13-2020, 05:57 PM
Sarnak

Well, one way that is fixed on RoZ are lockouts when you die in PvP and level restrictions of 30 in zones that make sense like Sol B. You can also say taking out training is short sited because it is a huge benefit to zergs and then people get bored and quit. Making rules where people get banned for doing something you can do in the game is really pathetic. If you can't handle training then hard code a fix for it.

If you make it just a rule then it will still happen. Some people get away with it because you are relying on unpaid workers to be fair when sometimes they just like certain players over others.

You can bribe every P99 GM here with nudes to get the other guild banned.
Closed Thread