Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2020, 01:43 AM
Kobold

Question Class Choice Conundrum

Hey all,

I've basically narrowed down my choices to the following: bard, mage, druid, shaman shadowknight, enchanter and necromancer.

1) Bard - carpel tunnel
2) Mage - Can't split and epic too difficult to procure
3) Druid - can't dungeon delve solo
4 Shaman - I get yelled at in groups if I'm a healer. Maybe I suck at the job... idk tbh but not fun for sure.
5) Shadowknight - Solo power relatively weak/dungeon diving relatively weak compared to ench/necro/shaman. Also, pretty sure I've missed my chance to get guise and an ogre or troll SK w/o a guise is facepalm.

So, it's basically a two horse race!
1) Enchanter - Quite stressful, and I do like being able to release my bladder at will.
2) Necromancer- Everything seems perfect and A+++ great except that I can't roll iksar yet!!

So, I'm really not sure what to do. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Thoughts?! I'd much appreciate your opinion! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-07-2020, 03:15 AM
Sarnak

1) Having to double-tap is what kills the fingers on a bard. With the proper macros, it doesn't really feel any different than a modern MMO.

/stopsong
/cast 1
etc.

2) You're right that you'll probably never get your epic, but you'll likely never get it on Bard, Necromancer, or Shadow Knight either. Depending on how important that accomplishment is to you, you're looking at getting rid of more than half the classes you chose.

3) You can do some damage in a few zones with charm. At 60 and with balls of steel, there are some druids who have even had some success in Plane of Fear solo. Fun class, but there's a billion of you, and you won't make it into a lot of non-guild groups after the 40's or so.

4) Never played shaman, so can't really comment. But healing is super easy, so you're probably just not paying close attention.

5) If Guise stops dropping next month, you're probably right. But if it stops dropping in June, you've probably got enough time if you're ready to poopsock.

--------------------------

Can't comment too much on Enchanter, other than to say it's Norrath's most powerful class. And like you, I can't wait for Kunark so I can roll my necro.
Old 04-07-2020, 07:57 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah the bard carpel tunnel thing is nonsense. Any other modern game has more presses and action.

Bards are just closer to other video game action play.

What you mean to say is bard isnt a class you go to sleep on
Old 04-07-2020, 08:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivonus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

1) Enchanter - Quite stressful, and I do like being able to release my bladder at will.
2) Necromancer- Everything seems perfect and A+++ great except that I can't roll iksar yet!!
Enchanter, release your pet and get someone to root it while you afk. As long as you don't need to afk every 5-10 minutes you'll be fine there.

If you like to alt-tab/look at Netflix every few seconds on the other hand.... maybe not [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Enchanter is your only choice with all the "can't do this, can't do that" on your other options... embrace the minor inconvenience <3
Old 04-07-2020, 09:16 AM
Planar Protector

How long you planning on playing? Until the end? Roll a halfling druid first. Don't worry about delving; unless you're specifically hungry for frenzy or the lord you'll be aight. If you're starting a stable of characters a druid is your best first choice.
Old 04-07-2020, 09:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivonus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey all,

I've basically narrowed down my choices to the following: bard, mage, druid, shaman shadowknight, enchanter and necromancer.

1) Bard - carpel tunnel
2) Mage - Can't split and epic too difficult to procure
3) Druid - can't dungeon delve solo
4 Shaman - I get yelled at in groups if I'm a healer. Maybe I suck at the job... idk tbh but not fun for sure.
5) Shadowknight - Solo power relatively weak/dungeon diving relatively weak compared to ench/necro/shaman. Also, pretty sure I've missed my chance to get guise and an ogre or troll SK w/o a guise is facepalm.

So, I'm really not sure what to do. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Thoughts?! I'd much appreciate your opinion! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mages don't need to split.
Old 04-07-2020, 09:59 PM
Kobold

Play the 2 youre leaning towards the most up to lvl 10-12, pick one, roll your necro as an Iksar when Kunark comes out.
Old 04-07-2020, 10:14 PM
Planar Protector

i just want to say druids can delve dont be silly. they can meditate, root and dot. if you have patience you can delve. also IVU pots
Old 04-07-2020, 10:54 PM
Fire Giant

As a Shaman you won't often be a groups main healer after about lvl 30. You'll often be there for buffs/debuffs, DPS and supplemental healing.

I'm currently playing my first ever Shaman, just hit level 35, and REALLY enjoying it. Those stat buffs are HUGE in Classic due to everyone's lack of equipment!

Amazing in groups, above average in soloing, and probably the best duoer in the game (paired with a Monk or SK specifically)
Old 04-07-2020, 11:41 PM
Planar Protector

whats your preferred playstyle, solo/with grps?

Right now is a good time to RP any class U want it will eventually get 60
Closed Thread