Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2019, 09:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blue is more classic than green right this very second. It just doesn't seem that way because of item inflation and expansions being out for way too long. All they had to do was literally relaunch blue without changing anything and it would have turned out more classic than what we got.
I said was. Blue has finished it's patch timeline, so yes, the only thing wrong with it at this point is the horrendous inflation from years of expansions, exploits and other fuckery over the past 10 years.

Green is the reset of Blue with proper patches at the right times and no exploits.
Old 12-05-2019, 10:57 PM
Sarnak

My personal opinion after taking 10 days away from the game for vacation. My level 35 bar is fun and all that, but my urge to play has dropped a lot.

Also, PvP people might be looking elsewhere soon.
Old 12-05-2019, 11:17 PM
Banned

exp slows significantly 35+ and people who were already burnt out from power grinding to 35 are taking a mental break likely
Old 12-05-2019, 11:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel like a lot of forum trolls are intentionally pushing this server towards self destruction. I have NO idea why it is, but I've seen it in wow as well. Teal/green split, no mage pets, these are two examples of horrible decisions that people come and defend. And then when the population drops they say bullshit like "well people just cant handle classic eq" like they are some sort of better players for putting up with the garbage. MAKE A GOOD GAME, EVERYONE on the forums were saying they wouldnt roll green... you would think it would be a dead on arrival server. These forum trolls never represent the actual playerbase. Also, EVERQUEST IS A GOOD GAME WHICH IS WHY PEOPLE WANT TO PLAY HERE. THERE IS NO NEED TO INTENTIONALLY PUSH FOR IT TO BE WORSE.
Prob 75% of the big time posters/trolls here havent played p99 or everquest at all for some years now and just post garbage here as some sick byproduct of addiction that they cant let go of
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 12-06-2019, 01:07 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the best post I've seen on these forums in years. God damn!
The role players got lumped in with normies?????????????

Lol
Old 12-06-2019, 01:37 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

... Also, EVERQUEST IS A GOOD GAME WHICH IS WHY PEOPLE WANT TO PLAY HERE. THERE IS NO NEED TO INTENTIONALLY PUSH FOR IT TO BE WORSE.
Is it, though? Good for its time? Of course, obviously. Good now (considering how subsequent games have evolved the genre)? I don't really think so. Especially without Kunark, imho.
Old 12-06-2019, 03:51 AM
Aviak

Population is very healthy on both servers. Great experience now.
Old 12-06-2019, 04:13 AM
Fire Giant

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by solleks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The normies (employed, good looking, roleplayers) figured out what they are up against ( unemployed, disability, ugly, power gamers)
CHUDS, Narcissistics, Drug Users, the Mentally Unstable, the Cast Out, the Forgotten, the Pariahs, the Exiled, the Bipolars, the Beautiful People ...

EQ is like the New York Statue of Liberty of a forgotten Island City in a dark yet illuminated somehow corner of the Internet:
Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

To me P99 is like this song about loss and love:

Juan Gabriel - Abrazame muy fuerte

Some longing, some lost love, some moment that will pass too soon ... before darkness comes and consumes everything around

So yeah, just wanted to add something to the mix.

Much love to everybody as usual

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 12-06-2019, 09:30 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by solleks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The normies (employed, good looking, roleplayers) figured out what they are up against ( unemployed, disability, ugly, power gamers)
Old 12-06-2019, 09:40 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it, though? Good for its time? Of course, obviously. Good now (considering how subsequent games have evolved the genre)? I don't really think so. Especially without Kunark, imho.
I'm shocked most people here think it is a good game, especially compared to title's released these days. EQ is a poorly designed game by most current standards. I play because I enjoy the lore, the people, the nostalgia.

The game being difficult (it's not) doesn't make it good: TMNT being difficult does not make it a good game.

The game requiring many hours of sitting at the same spawn for minimal payout doesn't make it good: "Watching the paint dry" has still not surpassed video games in popularity.

EQ was and is a chat room with a game running in the background, putting much effort into saying it's a *good game* is silly. That being said, I love it all the same.
Closed Thread