Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 09:55 PM
Banned

Id say a good wizard takes a decent amount of skill....or at least class knowledge...to play well.

Aggro management...mana management. **VERY** important and more so the higher level you become.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:42 AM
Aviak

Maybe it works a bit differently here on P99, as I think mob pathing is different here than on live. But I never even had "spots" for fear kiting. Fear kiting was so ridiculously easy and OP, I literally just went. In whatever direction I saw mobs.

I remember fear kiting in OT from the outpost out into the middle of the zone until I ran into those two named scorpions.

In DL I fear kited all around Karnor, just out into the open. Same thing in Burning Woods and Skyfire. Same in Velious, Cobalt Scar, Wastes, etc.

I'm rambling, but the point I'm trying to make is that fear kiting is simple, powerful, an unless emu mob pathing screws things up, it basically makes zones your playground. If you're a 60 Necro under the impression that regular kiting is superior to fear kiting. Then. Wow.
Old 08-22-2011, 02:58 AM
Banned

Any pve class will take the least amount of skill.

To have a legitimate claim to skill you have to play on a pvp server.

Everyone knows this.
Old 08-22-2011, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by andvarion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe it works a bit differently here on P99, as I think mob pathing is different here than on live. But I never even had "spots" for fear kiting. Fear kiting was so ridiculously easy and OP, I literally just went. In whatever direction I saw mobs.

I remember fear kiting in OT from the outpost out into the middle of the zone until I ran into those two named scorpions.

In DL I fear kited all around Karnor, just out into the open. Same thing in Burning Woods and Skyfire. Same in Velious, Cobalt Scar, Wastes, etc.

I'm rambling, but the point I'm trying to make is that fear kiting is simple, powerful, an unless emu mob pathing screws things up, it basically makes zones your playground. If you're a 60 Necro under the impression that regular kiting is superior to fear kiting. Then. Wow.
I don't know about you. In 2002 I used to fear kite with my ranger in the wastelands. That's the zone across from Great Divide. I recall misjudging my cast time and getting adds as being problems. It was effective, but I had to watch my surroundings because it was rather easy to get an add if I wasn't looking. That's why I kited near the bridge after a while. That way if things got out of hand I could cross the bridge to zone out.

Hard to say really. Rangers aren't nearly as good tanks as SK's. So misjudging is an expensive mistake, especially if you're taking your chances on con. I recall doing rhinos and griffon-things.

Raiding: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=109
P1999 Class Popularity Chart: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=48
P1999 PvP Statistics: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=59

"Global chat is to conversation what pok books are to travel, but without sufficient population it doesn't matter."
Last edited by stormlord; 08-22-2011 at 02:27 PM..
Old 08-22-2011, 02:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know about you. In 2002 I used to fear kite with my ranger in the wastelands. That's the zone across from Great Divide. I recall misjudging my cast time and getting adds as being problems. It was effective, but I had to watch my surroundings because it was rather easy to get an add if I wasn't looking. That's why I kited near the bridge after a while. That way if things got out of hand I could cross the bridge to zone out.

Hard to say really. Rangers aren't nearly as good tanks as SK's. So misjudging is an expensive mistake, especially if you're taking your chances on con. I recall doing rhinos and griffon-things.

Snow bunnies in east wastes?
Old 08-22-2011, 03:14 PM
Kobold

It's kind of a loaded question really. In a "well oiled machine" kind of group - I think ANY class is EZ mode. If the puller is doin his/her job, and you have singles, then the ENC class becomes nothing more than a buff-bot, CLR only hits CH when tank is at 40% etc, WIZ stands to nuke a couple of times, etc. It's just really brainless.

When shit hits the fan tho - I think it becomes more who's "skilled" at their class rather than "what class requires the least skill". I play a WIZ. If shit hits the fan......I've seen other WIZ just keep on nuking (just more)....

But then the good ones will help with CC, stun lock mobs if healer is lom, etc.

And that goes for any class. Sure a WAR can be just /auto attack and /taunt....but then there are those who manage mob positioning, know when to pop disciplines, smooth transition between mezzed mobs etc.

I also look at who takes the time to self-sufficient themselves. ie SoW pots, Invis pots, ITU pots, OT Hammer, etc.

"Skill" is a broad definition and thus will garnish many varied opinions on what is and isn't considered "skill".

<The Mystical Order>

Alts:
[34 Wizard] Motlee Crue (Human) <The Mystical Order>
[4 Wizard] Aysee Deecee (Human) <The Mystical Order>
[2 Wizard] Vhan Halen (Human) <The Mystical Order>

Live - Tallon Zek 2000-2005 / Drinal 2007-2008
[80 Sorcerer] Acillatem Zoso (Human) <Knights of the White Rose> / <Veritable Quandary>
Old 08-22-2011, 04:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Btw, i used to fear kite in the wastelands next to great divide with my ranger. I was in my 40's or early 50's I think. But I had a problem with getting adds and/or misjudging my fear timing. Other than that it was fairly effective. But I certainly wasn't soloing yellows. That was probably 2002.
I was really well geared, thats probably why I could take on yellows at 52 with very little downtime between fights.

Without gear I'd probably have to stick to blues as well.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wait, there's yet another thread with the level 30 necros in OT telling the level 60 ones how to play the class most effectively?
Calling out deliberate misinformation.
Seriously, think about what is being said.

Are you a necro that agro kites and thinks it is more efficient?
Old 08-22-2011, 09:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaweedpimp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Snow bunnies in east wastes?
prolly ulthorks and stuff, kinda southwestish in the zone, west of the bridge.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

I remember animal fear making leveling as a ranger easymode...Sure, bad stuff could happen in a zone with a crapton of wanderers like EW, but usually I found sweet spots where I knew the fear pathing perfectly and simply wouldn't get adds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Closed Thread