Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 11:57 AM
Planar Protector

lol at the tag "video game skill lol"

you're aware there are other video games apart from MMORPG's right?
Old 08-19-2011, 12:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogues probably require less skill than quite a few classes, but certainly more than mages, and certainly require quite a bit more busy work. Rogue is probably the most busy class in the game as far as how many button presses you execute constantly throughout a group situation. It also takes a certain skill or mindset to be able to compensate for bad positioning, and a certain anticipatory knowledge to know when to not use backstab and when to back off autoattack.

Monks require a fucking ton of skill if they are going to pull and/or tank. I doubt anyone will argue that.

I dunno what melee dps you think have the "lesser skill requirements.."
Most button presses? Im gonna go with shaman.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most button presses? Im gonna go with shaman.
Um bard?
Old 08-19-2011, 12:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Um bard?
nobody likes silly fairy men
Old 08-19-2011, 03:03 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to deakolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This list makes it look like you either never played a wizard or never played with a good one.

A good wiz in addition to nuking will have stuns up to prevent heals, be rooting for CC if other CC isn't available, and be on point for evacs. The timing of an evac will either have the group loving you when you save their shit or hating you when most of them died or they felt the situation was controllable.

I've played Rogues live and here, they may have more button pushes but it certainly isn't as skillful. Most melee unless pulling just autoattack and tap the same button repeatedly when it pops.
you're right i've never played a wizard and never noticed a good one. maybe the list should be all magician then.

with regards to rogues, my thought was that melee positioning takes a modicum of skill to not fuck up and thus they're more difficult than mages/wizards

well actually i think wizard/mage is still a toss up for raiding. Maybe wizards take more skill in a group/dungeon crawl setting since they have to be ready to cast the evac spell. However, any decent group is gonna have CC and probably caster interrupt coming from other sources

ps you play a wizard huh

Bulltrue
Deakolt
Last edited by deakolt; 08-19-2011 at 03:08 PM..
Old 08-19-2011, 04:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by deakolt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you're right i've never played a wizard and never noticed a good one. maybe the list should be all magician then.

with regards to rogues, my thought was that melee positioning takes a modicum of skill to not fuck up and thus they're more difficult than mages/wizards

well actually i think wizard/mage is still a toss up for raiding. Maybe wizards take more skill in a group/dungeon crawl setting since they have to be ready to cast the evac spell. However, any decent group is gonna have CC and probably caster interrupt coming from other sources

ps you play a wizard huh
My main on live and here have been wizards with a vast majority of my time spent on them, but between friends and alts I've played pretty much everything a decent amount except Bards, Shamans, Berserkers, and BST Lords. Even then I've played those some.

Rogues and Palies are my most enjoyed classes after Wizards and I have never really found them difficult to play. Positioning for Rogues doesn't really have any difficulty, though it can become tiresome if you are doing a kiting situation.

Wizard work was pretty chill on raids, I can't deny that. Toughest stuff was probably applying the right amount of concussions. A few oddball things later on like disentegrate this or that. But basically DPS work was just kill stuff. Even for tanks if you werent main tank and stuff wasn't being offtanked it was just attack this or that.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:14 PM
Fire Giant

i'm sure wizards are like anything else. any jackass can nuke, but it takes skill to balance your threat on the knives edge of pulling aggro off your tank so that you achieve maximum dps.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogue is probably the most busy class in the game as far as how many button presses you execute constantly throughout a group situation.
Come at me.
Old 08-20-2011, 02:51 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feachie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i'm sure wizards are like anything else. any jackass can nuke, but it takes skill to balance your threat on the knives edge of pulling aggro off your tank so that you achieve maximum dps.
No, no. A wizard just has to make sure he doesn't waste half of his nuke by casting it when the mob is at 15% health. Unlike dots and debuffs, there's no beenfit to nuking as early as possible, so there's no threat balance - you just wait until you know you won't take aggro from nuking. You'll never have enough mana to nuke every mob more than once anyway, unless the pulls are coming so slow that it can barely be considered grouping.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:14 AM
Aviak

Have any of you actually played this game before?
Closed Thread